- Volume 28 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Case Report of Superior Labrum from Anterior to Posterior Tear Patient Treated with Shinbaro Pharmacopuncture and Motion Style Acupuncture Treatment (MSAT)
신바로 약침과 동작침법을 이용한 상부 관절와순 파열 환자 치험1례
- Kwon, Ok-Jun ;
- Kim, Gil-Hwan ;
- Ju, Yeong-Guk ;
- Seo, Ji-Yeon ;
- Song, Kwang-Chan ;
- Ryu, Won-Hyung ;
- Jeon, Yong-Hyun ;
- Kim, Ju-Won
- Received : 2017.11.07
- Accepted : 2017.11.28
- Published : 2018.01.31
The purpose of this study is to report the improved case of superior labrum from anterior to posterior tear patient treated with Shinbaro pharmacopuncture and motion style acupuncture treatment. We used Shinbaro pharmacopucture, motion style acupuncture treatment and other korean medicine treatment for this patient. This case is measured and assessed by visual analogue scale (VAS), shoulder range of motion (ROM) and shoulder physical examination (Neer test, O'Brien test). After treatment, VAS decreased and the patient showed improvement of range of motion. Also physical examination of shoulder was improved. Shinbaro pharmacopuncture and motion style acupuncture treatment are thought to be helpful to relieve pain and recover function on shoulder joints, although further study is needed.
SLAP;Shinbaro Pharmacopuncture;MSAT;Shoulder pain
- Snyder SJ, Banas MP, Karzel RP. An analysis of 140 injuries to the superior glenoid labrum. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 1995;4:243-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1058-2746(05)80015-1
- Shin JS. Ha IH. Lee JH. Choi YK. Kim MR. Park BY. Shin BC. Lee MS. Effects of motion style acupuncture treatment in acute low back pain patients with severe disability: A multicenter. randomized. controlled. comparative effectiveness trial. Pain. 2013;154(70):1030-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pain.2013.03.013
- Kim WK, Chung HJ, Pyee Y, Choi TJ, Park HJ, Hong JY, Shin JS, Lee JH, Ha IH, Lee SK. Effects of intra‑articular SHINBARO treatment on monosodium iodoacetate‑.induced osteoarthritis in rats. Chinese Medicine. 2016;11:17. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13020-016-0089-6
- Park SH, Ro HR. The Case Report of Prescribing Kamiseokyong-tang(Nam) for the Two Patients with Superior labral anterior posterior lesion. The Journal of Korea CHUNA manual medicine for spine & nerves. 2011;6(1):129-39.
- Kim SJ, Lee HJ, Choi YJ, Lee BH, Lee YK, Kwon HJ, Lim SC, Jung TY, Kim JS. Case Report on the Case of Patient with Labral Tear. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Medicine Society. 2012;29 (5):197-204.
- Yoon TK, Lee SJ, Lee EJ, Jeong JY, Hyun MK, Kim MH, Park JY. A Case Report of Patients with Labrum Tear in Shoulder Treated by Oriental Therapy, Including Sinbaro3 Pharmacopuncture. The Acupuncture. 2016;33 (4):203-12.
- Hammes M, Kuschick N. Christoph KH. Handbook of Acupucture. 1st. Seoul:Hansol medical book Co Ltd. 2010:376.
- Shim SY, Park HJ, Lee JM, Lee HS. An Overview of Pain Measurements. The Korean Journal of Meridian & Acupoint. 2007;24(2):77-97.
- Korean Shoulder and Elbow Society Insurancl Committee. Diagnosis for Acute Traumatic Shoulder Injuries. Clinics in Shoulder and Elbow. 2012;15(1): 53-63.
- Burkhart SS, Morgan CD. The peel-back mechanism: its role in producing and extending posterior type II SLAP lesions and its effect on SLAP repair rehabilitation. Arthroscopy. 1998;14:637-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0749-8063(98)70065-9
- Lee SM, Park JC, Song SW, Kim SI, Park BY, Rhee SK. Follow-up Result in Repairing a Type II Superior Labrum Anterior and Posterior (SLAP) Lesion when Associated with Shoulder Impingement Syndrome. J Korean Orthop Assoc. 2010;45:243-8.
- Ju YG, Kim TH, Lee SJ, Ahn SM, Shin SJ, Kwon OJ, Kim JW, Yoon MS. Clinical Case Report Treated by Megadose Pharmacoacupuncture and Korean Medical treatments for the three Patients with HIVD of L-Spine and one Patient with HIVD of C-Spine. The Journal of Korea CHUNA manual medicine for spine & nerves. 2015;10(2):61-71.