- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Formation of Crystalline Copper Thin Films by a Sputtering-assisted Magnetic Field System at Room Temperature
- Kim, Hyun Sung (Department of Chemistry, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2018.01.12
- Accepted : 2018.01.26
- Published : 2018.01.31
A sputtering-assisted magnetic field system was successfully developed for depositing crystalline Cu thin films at room temperature. This system employs a plasma source and an ion-beam gun with two magnetic field generators, which is covered with sputtering target and the ion-beam gun, simultaneously serving as sputtering plasma and a magnetic field generator. The formation of crystalline Cu thin films at room temperature was dominated by magnetic fields, which was revealed by preliminary experiments. This system can be employed for producing crystalline metal thin films at room temperature.
Supported by : Pukyong National University
- J. Jang, B. G. Hyun, S. Ji, E. Cho, B. W. An, W. H. Cheong, and JU. Park, NPG Asia Materials, 9, 432 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1038/am.2017.172
- S. Hong, J. Lee, K. Do, M. Lee, J. H. Kim, S. Lee, and D-H Kim, Adv. Funct. Mater. 27, 1704353 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1002/adfm.201704353
- V. Devaraj, J. Lee, J. Baek, and D. Lee Appl. Sci. Converg. Technol. 25, 32, (2016). https://doi.org/10.5757/ASCT.2016.25.2.32
- J. K. Norskov and B. I. Lundqvist, Physical Review B, 19, 5661-5665 (1979). https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.19.5661
- N. Albertinetti and H. T. Minden, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A 11, 6, 2985 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1116/1.578680
- S. Lee and D-G. Kim, Appl. Sci. Converg. Technol. 24, 162 (2015). https://doi.org/10.5757/ASCT.2015.24.5.162
- J-H Boo, M. J. Jung, H. K. Park, N. H. Nam, and J. G. Han, Surf. Surface & Coatings Technology 188, 721 (2004).
- N. Marechal, E. Quesnel, and Y. Pauleau, Thin solid films, 414, 34, (1994).
- H. Ahn, D. Lee, and Y. Um, Appl. Sci. Converg. Technol. 26, 11, (2017). https://doi.org/10.5757/ASCT.2017.26.1.11
- K-Y. Chan and B-S. Teo, Microelectronics Journal, 38, 60 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mejo.2006.09.011