- Volume 17 Issue 1
Design of DC OPTIMIZER for Maximum Power Generation System of Solar Panel
태양광 패널의 최대 전력 발생 시스템을 위한 DC OPTIMIZER 설계
- Kim, Jeong Gyu (Semiconductor Engineering of CheongJu University) ;
- Yang, Oh (Semiconductor Engineering of CheongJu University)
- Received : 2018.02.23
- Accepted : 2018.03.21
- Published : 2018.03.31
In this paper, the efficiency of the solar system is lowered due to the partial shading such as the environmental factors of the solar panel. In order to solve this problem, a DC OPTIMIZER is proposed for a maximum power generation system of a photovoltaic panel. The proposed DC OPTIMIZER is composed of a buck structure that performs the maximum power point tracking (MPPT) control of each module of the solar panel, thus maximizing the efficiency. In order to verify the proposed DC Optimizer, the efficiency was measured by varying the irradiance using a solar simulator instead of the solar panel. As a result, it showed high efficiency characteristics as the maximum energy conversion efficiency was 99.3% at
Supported by : 청주대학교
- Jung Man Hong, "A Study on the New and Renewable Energy Evaluation Items of Private Enterprise Applying AHP Technique," Energy Economics Research, 10 (1), pp115-116. 2011.
- Ki Tae Park, Jung Sik Choi, Dong Hwa Chung, "A Novel PV Tracking System Control Considering the Power Loss with Change of Insolation," Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating & Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol. 22, pp. 89-99, 2018.
- Young Dal Lee, Hee Seo Lee, Eun ju Lee, Seung Min Shin, Byoung kuk Lee, Tae Won Lee, "A comparative analysis on the Circuits of different type of Photovoltaic DC Optimizer," Power Electron Society, pp. 277-278, 2011.
- Jae Hwe Shim, Seung Dae Yang, Seung Hwan Jung, Ju Yeop Choi, Ick Choy, Jin Ung An, Dong Ha Lee, "Analysis of various MPPT algorithms for PCS," Korea Solar Energy Society, pp. 16-21, 2011.
- L. Linares, R. W. Erickson, S. MacAlpine, and M. Brandemuehl, "Improved energy capture in series string Photovoltaics via smart distributed power electronics," Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, Vol. 24, pp. 904-910, 2009.
- Tsao, P., Sarhan, S., Jorio, I., "Distributed max power point tracking for photovoltaic arrays," Photovoltaic Specialists Conference IEEE, pp. 2293-2298, 2009.
- Patel, H., Agarwal, V, "Maximum Power Point Tracking Scheme for PV Systems Operating Under Partially Shaded Conditions," Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, Vol. 55, pp. 1689-1698, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.917118
- Gwui Han Lee, Young Seok Jung, Youn Seop Lee, Han Ju Cha, Suk Whan Ko, "The Improved Maximum Power Point Tracking Algorithm under varying of irradiance," Korea Solar Energy Society, pp.17-24, 2015.
- Kyung Soo Lee, Young Seok Jung, Jung Hun So, Gwon Jong Yu, Jae Ho Choi, "A Suggestion of New MPPT Algorithm in the PV system," Power Electron Society, pp. 21-28, 2005.
- E.B, Youssef, P. Stephane, E. Bruno, A. Corinne, "New P&O MPPT algorithm for FPGA implementation," IEEE, Conference IECON Vol.36, pp. 2868-2873, 2010.
- Seung Kyu Ock, oh Yang, "A study on the new mppt control method for grid-connected pv generation system," Korea Information Technology Society, Vol. 10, pp. 28-35, 2012.