- Volume 67 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
An Empirical Study on Autonomous Operation in Emergency Situation of Microgrids
마이크로그리드의 비상상황시 자율 대처 운전 방안에 관한 실증적 연구
- Hong, Ji-Song ;
- Kim, Hyun-Woo ;
- Ahn, Seon-Ju ;
- Choi, Joon-Ho ;
- Yun, Sang-Yun
- 홍지송 ;
- 김현우 ;
- 안선주 ;
- 최준호 ;
- Received : 2018.09.21
- Accepted : 2018.11.15
- Published : 2018.12.01
The biggest obstacle to the commercialization of small and medium size microgrid (MG) is the reliability and economics of MG operation and maintenance. In this paper, we propose an autonomous operation method that is implemented as an application program installed in the MG operating system in emergency situations. The proposed algorithm consists of four steps of distinction, recognition, determination and control of emergency situations that can occur in MG. A fuzzy-based situation decision algorithm has been proposed to eliminate the barriers of autonomous operation in actual emergency situation such as occurrence of bad data and communication delay. In addition, countermeasures have been suggested for cases where multiple emergency situations have occurred in combination. The proposed algorithm was tested in a 500kW actual microgrid site of a university. Through the test, the validity of the proposed method and its applicability to practical MG operation are verified.
Microgrids;emergency situation;Autonomous operation;Fuzzy logic;Emergency controller;EMS
- Microgrid multi-client study, Navigant, Nov. 2015.
- B. J. Brearley and R. R. Prabu, "A review on issues and approaches for microgrid protection", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 67, pp. 988-997, Jan. 2017.
- C. Li, C. Cao, Y. Kuang, L. Zeng, and B. Fang, "A review of islanding detection methods for microgrid", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 35, pp. 211-220, Jul. 2014.
- W. El-khattam and T.S. Sidhu, "Resolving the impact of distributed renewable generation on directional overcurrent relay coordination: a case study", IET Renewable Power Generation, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 415-425, Dec. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-rpg.2008.0015
- M. A. Zamani, A. Yazdani, and T. S. Sidhu, "A communication-assisted protection strategy for inverterbased medium-voltage microgrids", IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 2088-2099, Dec. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSG.2012.2211045
- T. S. Ustun, C. Ozansoy, and A. Zayegh, "Fault current coefficient and time delay assignment for microgrid protection system with central protection unit", IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 598-606, May 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2012.2214489
- T. Kato et al., "Priority-based hierarchical operational management for multiagent-based microgrids," Energies, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 2051-2078, Mar. 2014. https://doi.org/10.3390/en7042051
- D. Q. Oliverira et al., "A fuzzy-based approach for microgrids islanded operation", Electric Power Systems Research, pp. 178-189, vol. 149, Aug. 2017.
- G. Kyriakarakos et al., "A fuzzy logic energy management system for polygeneration microgrids", Renewable Energy, vol. 41, pp. 315-327, May 2012.
- O. V. G. Swathika et al., "Fuzzy decision and graph algorithms aided adaptive protection of microgrid", Energy Procedia: 1st International Conference on Power Engineering, india (chennai), vol. 117, pp. 1078-1084, Jun. 2017.
- Z. Liu et al., "A multiagent system-based protection and control scheme for distribution system with distributed-generation integration", IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 536-545, Feb. 2017. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2016.2585579
- F. Coffele, C. Booth, and A. Dysko, "An adaptive overcurrent protection scheme for distribution networks", IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 561-568, Apr. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2013.2294879
Supported by : 한국전력공사