- Volume 67 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Performance Analysis for Auxiliary Resonant Commutated Pole Inverter with Clamping Diodes
클램핑 다이오드를 갖는 ARCP 인버터의 성능 분석
- Lee, Yoon-Seok ;
- Kim, Jae-Hyuk ;
- Han, Byung-Moon
- 이윤석 ;
- 김재혁 ;
- Received : 2018.08.31
- Accepted : 2018.11.27
- Published : 2018.12.01
This paper proposes a new auxiliary resonant commutated pole (ARCP) inverter which has a modified auxiliary circuit. The proposed auxiliary circuit includes two auxiliary IGBT switches, an LC resonant circuit, and two clamping diodes. In order to analyze the performance of proposed ARCP inverter, computer simulations with PSCAD, and hardware experiments were carried out. Through analyzing the experimental results, it is known that the proposed ARCP inverter offers efficiency improvement of 1.5% compared with the hard-switching inverter.
Auxiliary resonant commutated pole (ARCP) inverter;Auxiliary switches;LC resonant circuit;Clamping diodes
- B. R. Lin and K. L. Shih, "Analysis and implementation of a soft switching converter with reduced switch count", in IET Power Electronics, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 559-570, July 2010. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel.2009.0151
- P. Sun, J.S Lai, H. Qian, W. Yu, C. Smith, J. Bates, B. Arnet, A. Litvinov, and S. Leslie, "efficiency evaluation of a 55kW soft-switching module based inverter for high temperature hybrid electric vehicle drives application", IEEE 25th Applied Power Electronics Conf. and Exposition, pp. 474-479.
- P. Nguyen and A. Gerth, "Soft switching with SiCdevices for compact onboard railway power supplies", 15th EPE International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conf., EPE/PEMC 2012.
- G. Kulothungan, A. K. Rathore and S. K. Sahoo, "Analysis and design of extended soft-switching current-fed three-phase dc/dc converter with simple modulation technique and magnetizing inductance effect", IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems, PEDES 2012.
- J. Miao, X. You, Y. Li and M. Liang, "Research on soft-switching and peak current of dual active bridge converters", 20th IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conf. and Exposition(APEC 2014), pp. 2926-2931.
- Y. Zhang, C. Li, Z. Cao and D. Xu, "Soft-switching single-stage current-fed full-bridge isolated converter for high power AC/DC applications", 9th International Conference on Power Electronics, ICPE 2015 (IEEE ECCE Asia), Seoul, Korea, pp. 48-53.
- R. W. De Doncker and J. P. Lyons, "The auxiliary resonant commutated pole converter", IEEE IAS Annual Meeting, Conference Proceedings, Vol. 2, pp. 1228-1235, Oct. 7-12, 1990.
- H. Takano, T. Domoto, J. Takahashi, and M. Nakaoka, "Auxiliary resonant commutated soft-switching inverter with bidirectional active switches and voltage clamping diodes", IEEE IAS Annual Meeting, Conference Proceedings, Vol. 3, pp. 1441-1446, Sept. 30-Oct. 4, 2001.
- A. Williams, A. Gattozzi, and R. F. Thelen, "Applications of an Auxiliary Resonant Commutated Pole Converter", IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference, APEC 2007, pp. 661-665, Feb. 25-March 1 2007.
- T. Doudousakis, C. Sirio, and P. E. Lee, "Achieving ZVS in a Two Quadrant Converter Using a Simplified Auxiliary Circuit with Novel Control", IEEE Power Electronics Specialist Conference, PESC 2008, 15-19 June 2008.
- K. Shinsuke, Y. Miura, T. Ise, and Y. Hosokawa, "A Novel Soft-Switching Inverter for High Power Application with Simple Control", IEEE 7th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference - ECCE Asia 2012, June 2-5, 2012.
- B. L. C. Martinez, Rui Li, Ke Ma and Dehong Xu, "Hard switching and soft switching inverters efficiency evaluation", International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems, pp. 1752-1757,
Supported by : 한국전력공사