- Volume 67 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Efficiency According to Resonant Repeater Application in Magnetic Resonant Wireless Power Transfer System
자기공진방식의 무선전력전송 시스템에서 공진 중계기 적용 여부에 따른 전력전송 효율 분석
- Baek, Seung-Myung (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Gachon University) ;
- Kim, Dong-Eun (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Gachon University) ;
- Shon, Jin-Geun (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Gachon University)
- Received : 2018.11.19
- Accepted : 2018.11.26
- Published : 2018.12.01
In this paper, the power transfer efficiency analysis based on the resonant repeater in a magnetic resonance wireless power transfer system is proposed. The efficiency of the magnetic resonance method was verified by comparing the general frequency with the resonance frequency. The resonance repeater was arranged to increase the efficiency and increase the transfer distance. When using resonant repeaters, the maximum efficiency increase is about 36.23[%] and the transfer distance was extended to more than 20[cm]. Through this study, confirmed the effect of using resonance repeaters in wireless power transfer system. As a result, it can be expected that the overall technology related to wireless power transfer system will be more valuable for energy-IT technology.
- Namgul Oh, and Hoon Kim, "Analysis on Deduction of Energy-IT Convergence Technologies by the Analytic Hierarchy Process," The Journal of The Korean Institute of Communication Sciences, vol. 35, no. 7, July 2010.
- Ikuo Awai, Tetsuya Ishida "Design of Resonator-Coupled Wireless Power Transfer System by Use of BPF Theory," JKIEES, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 237-243, 2010.
- Bryan Esteban, Maher Sid-Ahmed and Narayan C. Kar, "A Comparative Study of Power Supply Architectures in Wireless EV Charging Systems," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 30, no. 11, November 2015.
- Yamen Alsaba, Sharul Kamal Abdul Rahim and Chee Yen Leow, "Beamforming in Wireless Energy Harvesting Communication Systems: A Survey," IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 20, no. 2, Second quarter 2018.
- T. Miyamoto, S. Komiyama, H. Mita, and K. Fujimaki, "Wireless power transfer system with a simple receiver coil," Microwave Workshop Series on Innovative Wireless Power Transmission: Technologies, Systems, and Applications(IMWS), 2011 IEEE MTT-S International, pp. 131-134, May 2011.
- T. Imura, "Equivalent circuit for repeater antenna for wireless power transfer via magnetic resonant coupling considering signed coupling," Industrial Electronics and Applications (ICIEA), 2011 6th IEEE Conference on, pp. 1501-1506, Jun. 2011
- Benjamin L. Cannon, James F. Hoburg, and Seth Copen Goldstein, "Magnetic Resonant Coupling As a Potential Means for Wireless Power Transfer to Multiple Small Receivers," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 24, no. 7, July 2009.
- A. Kurs, A. Karalis, R. Moffatt, J. D. Joannopoulos, P. Fisher, and M. Soljaucic, "Wireless power transfer via strongly coupled magnetic resonances," Science, vol. 317, no. 83, pp. 83-86, May 2007. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1143254
- A. P. Sample, D. A. Meyer, and J. R. Smith, "Analysis, experimental results, and range adaptation of magnetically coupled resonators for wireless power transfer," Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 544-554, Jan. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2046002
- B. L. Cannon, J. F. Hoburg, D. D. Stancil, and S. C. Goldstein, "Magnetic resonant coupling as a potential means for wireless power transfer to multiple small receivers," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 1819-1825, Jul. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2009.2017195
- Dukju Ahn and Songcheol Hong, "A Study on Magnetic Field Repeater in Wireless Power Transfer," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 60, no. 1, Jan. 2013.
- Olutola Jonah, and Stavros V. Georgakopoulos, "Wireless Power Transfer in Concrete via Strongly Coupled Magnetic Resonance," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 61, no. 3, March 2013.