- Volume 18 Issue 11
The purpose of this study is to examine the trends of import and export of Korea by each continent and to find ways to increase export to Korea in the future. Each continent selected Asia, Europe, North America, Central and South America, and the Middle East. The analysis period was 220 months from January 2000 to April 2018, and data were collected from the KCS. Regression analysis showed that the coefficient was higher in Asia, Europe, North America, Middle East and Latin America. The markets of each continent moved independently of each other and were statistically significant at t statistic and p-value(
Import & Expoer Trend;Asia;North America;Europe;Central & South America;Middle East
- Korea Customs Service, "Monthly Imports and Exports in June 2018 (definite value)," Customs Planning Division Press Release (published July 16, 2018), pp. 1-18, 2018c.
- Korea Customs Service, "Exported goods Semiconductor, Export Growth this year," Customs Planning Division Press Release (published March 23, 2018), pp. 1-7, 2018b.
- Korea Customs Service, "Cosmetics Exports grew at an Average Annual Rate of 39.2%, Steady 'K Beauty' Popularity," Customs Planning Division Press Release (published June 28, 2018), pp. 1-4, 2018a.
- Y. G. Won and H. Y. Lee, “Competition of Korea, Japan and China in ASEAN and Determinants of Korea's Exports to ASEAN Countries : Do Chinese and Japanese Exchange Rates Matter?,” The Southeast Asian Review, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 41-76, 2017. https://doi.org/10.21652/kaseas.27.4.201711.41
- S. Lim and D. W. Lee, “Korean FDI and Export Upgrading in Southeast Asia,” The Southeast Asian Review, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 179-216, 2016. https://doi.org/10.21652/kaseas.26.4.201611.179
- W. J. Kim, “The Determinants of Korean Export to Southeast Asian Countries,” The Southeast Asian Review, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 1-31, 2014.
- W. J. Kim, “The Effect of Korea's FDI to China on Korea's Exports to United States,” The Journal of Northeast Asian Economic Studies, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 1-19, 2017.
- W. J. Kim, “The Impacts of China and the United States on the Korean Economy,” Korea Trade Review, Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 59-87, 2015.
- C. B. Kim, “Effects of the Exchange Rate and Industrial Activity on Export to and Import from the Southeast Asia Via Korean Port,” The Journal of Korea Port Economic Association, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 207-218, 2011.
- Y. D. Kang, “Economic Recession in the European Union (EU) and Korea's Exports to the EU : An Analysis of the Post Korea-EU FTA Era,” Journal of International Trade & Commerce, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 187-206, 2016.
- Utai Uprasen, “Impact of China on Exports of Machinery and Transport Equipment from Korea to the European Union,” Humanities and Social Sciences Research, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 375-402, 2017.
- S. N. Kim and B. J. Kim, “Effects of Joining Euro Zone by the Central and Eastern European Countries to Their Exports,” East European & Balkan Studies, Vol. 39, No. 4, pp. 183-202, 2015.
- Utai Uprasen, “Displacement Effect on Exports of Machinery and Transport Equipment from Korea and the U.S. to the European Union,” International Area Studies Review, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 61-90, 2015.
- M. A. Kim, “Impact of Global Crises on Korea's Shipbuilding Trade Flows to the EU,” The Journal of Contemporary European Studies, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 155-181, 2012. https://doi.org/10.17052/jces.2012.30.2.155
- D. G. Seo and S. J. Kang, “Study on the Export Competitiveness of China and Korea in the U.S. Market,” Journal of Industrial Economics and Business, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 1325-1344, 2015.
- S. M. Park, “The Impact of USA-Korea Trade Relations Due to the Quantitative Easing of Americ,” The Journal of Korean Policy Studies, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 29-48, 2014.
- J. H. Shim, “An Analysis of Comparative Advantage and Intra-Industry Trade in Korean Export Industry in Respect to Korea-U.S. FTA,” International Commerce and Information Review, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 175-197, 2017.
- D. Ak, M. B. Kim, and H. R. Park, “The Effect of the American TBT on China's Export and the Countermeasures,” Journal of Korea Research Association of International Commerce, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 99-120, 2017. https://doi.org/10.29331/JKRAIC.2017.04.17.2.99
- S. Y. Lee, “Effect of Export Insurance System on Export Promotion in U.S.,” The Journal of Korea Research Society for Customs, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 217-232, 2016.
- S. N. Kim and S. J. Lee, “On the Relationship between ODA and Economic Cooperation among Korea and Latin American Countries,” Latin American and Caribbean Studies, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 277-305, 2016. https://doi.org/10.17855/jlas.2016.02.35.1.277
- G. Y. Choi, “An Investigation to Outlook the Effect of FTA on Motor Car Export to Latin America and the Appropriate Action Plan -By Looking at Statistics and Factors that Influenced Export of Motor Cars to Chile-,” International Commerce and Information Review, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 139-158, 2012. https://doi.org/10.15798/kaici.14.1.201203.139
- T. D. Yoon, “Brazil's Economic Structure and the Export Processing Zones (EPZ) : A Sign of Economic Structural Change?,” Latin American and Caribbean Studies, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp. 123-150, 2013.
- G. B. Choi, Zaid Yahya Abdulkader, and E. N. Hur, “Empirical Study on the Relationship Among Economic Growth, Oil Consumption, and Oil Exports in the Middle East Countries,” Journal of the Korean Society of Mineral and Energy Resources Engineers, Vol. 53, No. 1, pp. 19-35, 2016. https://doi.org/10.12972/ksmer.2016.53.1.019
- S. H. Seo, "Middle East Revive largest Export Market Construction, Auto parts, Steel Special expectation : Impacts and Opportunities on Korea," Chindia Plus, Vol. 108, pp. 30-33, 2015.
- KOTRA, “Promising Export Items and Advancement Plan in the Middle East,” Global Market Report, Vol. 12, No. 55, pp. 1-196, 2012.
- Korea Customs Service : www.customs.go.kr