- Volume 18 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Developing Measurements of University Satisfaction using Public Customer Satisfaction Index
공공기관 고객만족지수를 이용한 대학의 고객만족 측정도구 개발
- Jung, Bok-Ju ;
- Lee, Sang-Chul ;
- Im, Kwang Hyuk
- 정복주 ;
- 이상철 ;
- Received : 2018.09.03
- Accepted : 2018.10.30
- Published : 2018.12.28
With the higher competition of university environment, universities has been adapted Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI). However, the problem of CSI focuses on score and ranking announcement. In public sectors, PCSI model is used because of increasing its strategic utilization by providing diagnosis of the phenomenon and direction for future improvement through causal model analysis. The purpose of this research is to develop a measurements of university satisfaction using PCSI. This research demonstrates validity and reliability of PCSI using test-retest method using multi-group confirmatory factor analysis. The results of this research indicate that the reliability and validity of the PCSI model is verified. Service product quality, service delivery quality, environment quality and social quality have positive effects on customer satisfaction. In turn, customer satisfaction have positve effects on university performance and social performance. In conclusion, service quality, PCSI, and service performance are clarified to be appropriate components of the satisfaction survey. These results can be used to measure the satisfaction level of education at actual universities. It is expected that practical basic data can be obtained to improve the quality of university education.
Public Customer Satisfaction Index;University Satisfaction;University Performance;Service Quality
- P. Jarvis, "The Changing University: Meeting a Need and Needing to Change," Higher Education Quarterly, Vol.5, No.1, pp.43-67, 2001.
- I. S. Kim and J. Y. Jung, "The Comparison Study between the Groups on Campus Life Satisfaction: Focusing on Difference between Seoul Metropolitan Area and Non-Seoul Metropolitan Area," The Journal of Educational Research, Vol.8, No.3, pp.241-260, 2010.
- Y. C. Kim and J. S. Cha, "Customer Satisfaction Measurement Tool and Its Strategic Application," Korean Marketing Review, Vol.18, No.1, pp.113-132, 2003.
- C. L. Lee and Y. J. Yi, "Development and Application of the Public-service Customer Satisfaction Index (PCSI) Model," Korean Marketing Review, Vol.27, No.12, pp.69-99, 2005.
- G. A. Boyne, "Source of Public Service Improvement: A Critical Review and Research Agenda," Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, Vol.13, pp.367-394, 2002.
- C. Pollitt and G. Bouckaert, Public management reform: A comparative analysis, 2nd ed., Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2004.
- G. S. Song, P. K. Baek, and H. J. Yoo, "A Study on the Development of PSEI and Measurement of Service Efficiency in Public Sector," Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management, Vol.37, No.4, pp.100-110, 2009.
- K. H. Lee and W. K. Hong, "The Measurement and Use of Customer Satisfaction of Public Administration: Focused on the Discontinuous Approach of Satisfaction," Korean Public Administration Review, Vol.39, No.4, pp.105-124, 2005.
- A. Hsieh, C. Chou, and C. Chen, "Job Standardization and Service Quality: A Closer Look at the Application of Total Quality Management to the Public Sector," Total quality Management, Vol.13, No.7, pp.899-913, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/0954412022000017012
- M. H. Park, Analysis of the Effect of PCSI 2.0 in Public-Service Customer, Unpublished master thesis, Seoul National University, 2018.
- J. M. Yang and S. I. Han, "A study on Airline Service Quality Assessment using Potential Customer Satisfaction Improvement(PCSI) Index based on Kano Model," Korean Journal of Hospitality & Tourism, Vol.22, No.6, pp.37-57, 2013.
- K. I. Kwon, "The Analysis of Service Quality Attributes of Water Leisure Tourism and Potential Customer Satisfaction Improvement(PCSI) Index based on Kano Model in Busan," Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol.66, pp.39-54, 2016.
- N. H. Kwon, J. Y. Lee, and S. H. Pyo, "An Application of PCSI Antecedent Model to Development of Library Organizational Performance Evaluation Method," Journal Of The Korean Biblia Society For Library And Information Science, Vol.29, No.1, pp.369-391, 2018.
- S. M. Jang, "University's Publicity and University Finance," Education Review, Vol.26, pp.93-128, 2009.
- J. Y. Jung, "The Analysis on the Casual Model between University Educational Satisfaction and Occupational Satisfaction mediated by Occupational Values," Korean Journal of Educational Administration, Vol.31, No.1, pp.53-83, 2010.
- A. Astin, What matters in college: Four critical years revisite, San Francisco, CA, Jossey-Bass Publishers, 1993.
- B. D. Ruben, Quality in higher education, New Brunswick, Transaction Publishers, 1995.
- D. B. Kwon, Y. J. Oh, H. M. Park, S. J. Son, and S. H. Song, "Exploring Study on Determining Factors for College Student's Degree of Educational Satisfaction," Korean Journal of Educational Research, Vol.40, No.3, pp.181-202, 2002.
- D. F. Galletta and A. L. Lederer, "Some Cautions on the Measurement of User Information Satisfaction," Decision Sciences, Vol.20, No.3, pp.419-438, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5915.1989.tb01558.x
- S. R. Hawk and N. S. Raju, "Test-Retest Reliability of User Information Satisfaction: A Comment on Galletta and Lederer's Paper," Decision Sciences, Vol.22, No.5, pp.1165-1170, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-5915.1991.tb01913.x
- A. R. Hendrickson, P. D. Massey, and T. P. Cronan, "On the Test-Retest Reliability of Perceived Usefulness and Perceived Ease of Use Scales," MIS Quarter, Vol.17, No.2, pp.227-230, 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/249803
- M. R. Mullen, "Diagnosing Measurement Equivalence in Cross-National Research," Journal of International Business Studies, Vol.26, No.3, pp.573-596, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jibs.8490187
- K. A. Bollen, Structural Equations with Latent Variables, Wiley, New York, 1989.
- K. G. Joreskog and D. Sorborm, LISREL VII User's Reference Guide, Scientific Software, Mooresville, Ind, 1989.
Supported by : 배재대학교