- Volume 18 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Career Management for Construction Engineers through the Professional FGI Results: Focused on the Index of Construction Engineer's Competency
전문가 FGI를 통한 건설기술자 경력관리 방안 연구: 건설기술자 역량지수를 중심으로
- Lim, Jieun ;
- Park, Yongho
- 임지은 ;
- Received : 2018.11.16
- Accepted : 2018.11.26
- Published : 2018.12.28
This study aims to analyze the current career management system for construction engineers and propose the developed future plan for the career management system. Especially, this study explores the Index of Construction Engineer's Competency(ICEC) and issues for workplace competency development which is the foundation of the career management system for construction engineers and proposes the advanced strategies for operating the career management system. For the developing the future strategy of the current construction engineer's career management system, a focus group interview was conducted in this study. Total 12 experts participated in the FGI. The study results identify the six key issues for advanced construction engineers' career management system. Those six issues include 1)preparing in the inducement of new human resources, 2)institutional modification of the current job/expertise fields, 3)attaching importance of practical experience in the workplace, 4)consideration of various factors of individual career, and 5)developing the highest level's workplace competency. Based on these research findings, theoretical and practical implication and suggestion for future studies were provided.
Construction Engineers;Career Development;Career Management
- 김상범, 김용비, "건설엔지니어링 기술자 표준 경력관리 효율화 방안 연구," 대학토목학회논문집, 제33권, 제3호, pp.1181-1189, 2013.
- 임한진, "건설기술자의 경력관리 실태와 문제점 및 개선방안," 건설경제, 제7권, pp.18-25, 2001.
- 홍성욱, 김형일, 안용선, "국내 건설기업의 리스크 관리의 실태분석 및 개선방향에 관한 연구," 대한건축학회논문집-구조계, 제19권, 제5호, pp.153-160, 2003.
- 이종국, "건설엔지니어의 경력개발 수요조사 분석연구," 대한건축학회논문집-구조계, 제24권, 제2호, pp.121-128, 2008.
- Y. Baruch and M. Peiperl, "High-flyers: Glorious Past, Gloomy Present, Any Future?," Career Development International, Vol.2, No.7, pp.354-358, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1108/13620439710187990
- D. T. Hall, "The Protean Career: A Quarter-century Journey," Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol.65, No.1, pp.1-13, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvb.2003.10.006
- S. E. Sullivan, "The Changing Nature of Careers: A Review and Research Agenda," Journal of Management, Vol.25, No.3, pp.457-484, 1999.
- D. T. Hall, Careers in and out of Organizations, Sage, 2002.
- M. B. Arthur and D. M. Rousseau, The Boundaryless Career: A New Employment Principle for a New Organizational Era, Oxford University Press, 1996.
- 박용호, "역량에 대한 재탐구: 개념이해 및 활용에서의 혼동뛰어넘기," 평생교육.HRD연구, 제14권, 제3호, pp.89-113, 2018.
- D. M. Rousseau, Psychological Contracts in Organizations: Understanding Written and Unwritten Agreements, Sage, 1995
- A. Forrier, L. Sels, and D. Stynen, "Career Mobility at The Intersection between Agent and Structure: A Conceptual Model," Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, Vol.82, No.4, pp.739-759, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1348/096317909X470933
- D. T. Hall and D. E. Chandler, "Psychological Success: When the Career Is a Calling," Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol.26, No.2, pp.155-176, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.301
- J. P. Briscoe and D. T. Hall, "The Interplay of Boundaryless and Protean Careers: Combinations and Implications," Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol.69, No.1, pp.4-18, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvb.2005.09.002
- J. P. Briscoe, D. T. Hall, and R. L. F. DeMuth, "Protean and Boundaryless Careers: An Empirical Exploration," Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol.69, No.1, pp.30-47, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvb.2005.09.003
- 국토해양부, 건설기술인력 분류체계 개편방안, 국토해양부, 2011.
- 교육부, 고용노동부, 한국형 국가역량체계 (KQF) 기본틀 설계 시안(안), 교육부, 고용노동부, 2016.
- OECD, The Definition and Selection of Key Competencies: Executive Summary, OECD, 2005.
- 나승일, "능력중심사회를 위한 자격제도의 혁신과 국가역량체계(NQF) 구축 방향," The HRD Review, 제19권, 제5호, pp.2-6, 2016.
Supported by : 국토교통부