- Volume 55 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A STRUCTURE OF NONCENTRAL IDEMPOTENTS
- Cho, Eun-Kyung (Department of Mathematics Pusan National University) ;
- Kwak, Tai Keun (Department of Mathematics Daejin University) ;
- Lee, Yang (Institute of Basic Science Daejin University) ;
- Piao, Zhelin (Department of Mathematics Pusan National University) ;
- Seo, Yeon Sook (Department of Mathematics Pusan National University)
- Received : 2016.10.04
- Accepted : 2017.07.14
- Published : 2018.01.31
We focus on the structure of the set of noncentral idempotents whose role is similar to one of central idempotents. We introduce the concept of quasi-Abelian rings which unit-regular rings satisfy. We first observe that the class of quasi-Abelian rings is seated between Abelian and direct finiteness. It is proved that a regular ring is directly finite if and only if it is quasi-Abelian. It is also shown that quasi-Abelian property is not left-right symmetric, but left-right symmetric when a given ring has an involution. Quasi-Abelian property is shown to do not pass to polynomial rings, comparing with Abelian property passing to polynomial rings.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- G. Ehrlich, Unit-regular rings, Portugal. Math. 27 (1968), 209-212.
- K. R. Goodearl, Von Neumann Regular Rings, Pitman, London, 1979.
- S. U. Hwang, Y. C. Jeon, and Y. Lee, Structure and topological conditions of NI rings, J. Algebra 302 (2006), no. 1, 186-199. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jalgebra.2006.02.032
- N. Jacobson, Some remarks on one-sided inverses, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 1 (1950), 352-355.
- N. K. Kim and Y. Lee, Armendariz rings and reduced rings, J. Algebra 223 (2000), no. 2, 477-488. https://doi.org/10.1006/jabr.1999.8017
- J. V. Neumann, On regular rings, Proceedngs of the National Academy of Sci. 22 (1936), 707-713.
- J. C. Shepherdson, Inverses and zero-divisors in matrix ring, Proc. London Math. Soc. 1 (1951), 71-85.