- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis on Current Limiting Characteristics of Transformer Type SFCL with Additionally Coupled Circuit
- Lim, Seung-Taek (Department of Electrical Engineering, Soongsil University) ;
- Ko, Seok-Cheol (Industry-University Cooperation Foundation, Kongju National University) ;
- Lim, Sung-Hun (Department of Electrical Engineering, Soongsil University)
- Received : 2016.11.23
- Accepted : 2017.08.05
- Published : 2018.03.01
In this paper, the transformer type superconducting fault current limiter (SFCL) with additionally coupled circuit was suggested and its peak fault current limiting characteristics due to the fault condition to affect the fault current were analyzed through the fault current limiting tests. The suggested transformer type SFCL is basically identical to the previous transformer type SFCL except for the additional coupled circuit. The additional coupled circuit, which consists of the magnetically coupled winding to the primary and the secondary windings together with another superconducting element and is connected in parallel with the secondary winding of the transformer type SFCL, is contributed to the peak fault current limiting operation for the larger transient fault current directly after the fault occurrence. To confirm the fault current limiting operation of the suggested SFCL, the fault current limiting tests of the suggested SFCL were performed and its effective peak fault current limiting characteristics were analyzed through the analysis on the electrical equivalent circuit.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- S. R. Lee, J. Y. Kim, J. Y. Yoon, "A Study on SFCL Systems for Korean Power System Applycation," IEEE/PES Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exhibition, pp. 1144-1148, May 2006.
- L. Ye, L. Lin, KP. Juengst, "Application studies of superconducting fault current limiters in electric power systems," IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond. 18 (2008) 900-903.
- I. K. You, J. S. Kim, M. H. Kim, S. H. Lim, J. C Kim, J. S. Choi, "Analysis on the Protective Coordination of Hybrid Superconducting Fault Current Limiter applied to a Power Distribution System," The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, 556-557, May 2010.
- H. Yamaguchi, T. Kataoka, "Current Limiting Characteristics of Transformer Type Super-conducting Fault Current Limiter With Shunt Impedance," IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond, vol. 17, no. 2, JUNE 2007.
- T. Janowski, S. Kozak, B. Kondratowicz-Kucewicz, G. Wojtasiewicz, and J. Kozak, "Analysis of Transformer Type Superconducting Fault Current Limiters," IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond, vol. 17, no. 2, JUNE 2007.
- S. H. Lim, H. S. Choi, D. C. Chung, Y. H. Jeong, Y. H. Han, T. H. Sung, B. S. Han, "Fault Current Limiting Characteristics of Resistive Type SFCL Using a Transformer," IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond, vol. 15, no. 2, JUNE 2005.
- S. H. Lim, "Study on current limiting characteristics of SFCL with two trigger current levels," Physica C, 470, 1631-1635, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physc.2010.05.177
- S. H. Lim, S. C. Ko, T. H. Han, "Analysis on current limiting characteristics of a transformer type SFCL with two triggering current levels," Physica C, 484, 253-257, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physc.2012.03.011