- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Active Distribution System Planning Considering Battery Swapping Station for Low-carbon Objective using Immune Binary Firefly Algorithm
- Shi, Ji-Ying (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Tianjin University) ;
- Li, Ya-Jing (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Tianjin University) ;
- Xue, Fei (Electric Power Research Institute, State Grid Ningxia Electric Power Company) ;
- Ling, Le-Tao (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Tianjin University) ;
- Liu, Wen-An (ZiBo Power Supply Company, State Grid Shandong Electric Power Company) ;
- Yuan, Da-Ling (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Tianjin University) ;
- Yang, Ting (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Tianjin University)
- Received : 2017.03.30
- Accepted : 2017.10.10
- Published : 2018.03.01
Active distribution system (ADS) considering distributed generation (DG) and electric vehicle (EV) is an effective way to cut carbon emission and improve system benefits. ADS is an evolving, complex and uncertain system, thus comprehensive model and effective optimization algorithms are needed. Battery swapping station (BSS) for EV service is an essential type of flexible load (FL). This paper establishes ADS planning model considering BSS firstly for the minimization of total cost including feeder investment, operation and maintenance, net loss and carbon tax. Meanwhile, immune binary firefly algorithm (IBFA) is proposed to optimize ADS planning. Firefly algorithm (FA) is a novel intelligent algorithm with simple structure and good convergence. By involving biological immune system into FA, IBFA adjusts antibody population scale to increase diversity and global search capability. To validate proposed algorithm, IBFA is compared with particle swarm optimization (PSO) algorithm on IEEE 39-bus system. The results prove that IBFA performs better than PSO in global search and convergence in ADS planning.
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China, Natural Science Foundation of Tianjin
- Y. Xiang, J. Liu and Y. Liu, "Optimal active distribution system management considering aggregated plug-in electric vehicles," Electr. Power Syst. Res.,vol. 131, pp. 105-115, Feb. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2015.10.005
- T. Sattarpour, D. Nazarpour, S. Golshannavaz and P. Siano, "An optimal procedure for sizing and siting of DGs and smart meters in active distribution networks considering loss reduction," J. Electr. Eng. Technol., vol. 10, pp. 804-811, Nov. 2015. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.3.804
- W. Buaklee and K. Hongesombut, "Optimal DG Placement in a Smart Distribution Grid Considering Economic Aspects," J. Electr. Eng. Technol., vol. 9, pp. 1240-1247, Jan. 2014. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.4.1240
- V.F. Martins and C.L.T. Borges, "Active distribution network integrated planning incorporating distributed generation and load response uncertainties," IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 26, pp. 2164-2172, Nov. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2011.2122347
- B. Zeng, J. Wen, J. Shi, J. Zhang and Y. Zhang, "A multi-level approach to active distribution system planning for efficient renewable energy harvesting in a deregulated environment," Energy, vol. 96, pp. 614-624, Dec. 2015.
- R. Tulabing, R. Yin, N. DeForest, Y Li, K. Wang, T. Yong and M. Stadler, "Modeling study on flexible load's demand response potentials for providing ancillary services at the substation level," Electr. Power Syst. Res., vol. 140, pp. 240-252.S, Nov. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2016.06.018
- H. J. Son and K. S. Kook, "Stochastic Modeling of Plug-in Electric Vehicle Distribution in Power Systems," J. Electr. Eng. Technol., vol. 8, pp. 1276-1282, Aug. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.6.1276
- M. Rogge, S. Wollny and D. U. Sauer, "Fast charging battery buses for the electrification of urban public transport - A feasibility study focusing on charging infrastructure and energy storage requirements," Energies, vol. 8, pp. 4587-4606, May 2015. https://doi.org/10.3390/en8054587
- X. Liu, P. Liu, and H. Zheng, "Distribution network structure planning based on QAFSA," in 5th International Conference on Electricity Distribution, 2012, pp. 1-4.
- P. H. Andersen, J. A. Mathews, and M. Rask, "Integrating private transport into renewable energy policy: The strategy of creating intelligent recharging grids for electric vehicles," Energy Policy, vol. 37, pp. 2481-2486, Jan. 2009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2009.03.032
- C. W. Gao, X. Wu, "A survey on Battery-Swapping mode of electric vehicles," Power Syst. Tech., vol. 37, pp. 891-898, Apr. 2013.
- Q. Dai, T Cai, S. X. Duan and F. Zhao, "Stochastic modeling and forecasting of load demand for electric bus battery-swap station," IEEE Trans. Power Delivery, vol. 29, pp. 1909-1917, Aug. 2014.
- Y. Zheng, Z. Y. Dong, Y. Xu, K. Meng, J. H. Zhao, and J. Qiu, "Electric vehicle battery charging/swap stations in distribution systems: comparison study and optimal planning," IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 29, pp. 221-229, Jan. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2013.2278852
- Y. J. Gao, K. X. Zhao, C. Wang, Economic dispatch containing wind power and electric vehicle battery swap station, in Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition (T&D), 2012 IEEE PES. IEEE, 2012, pp. 1-7.
- M. Hemphill, "Electricity distribution system planning for an increasing penetration of plug-in electric vehicles in New South Wales" in Universities Power Engineering Conference, 2012, pp. 1-6.
- A. Dias, P. M. S. Carvalho, P. Almeida, and S. Rapoport, "Multi-objective distribution planning approach for optimal network investment with EV charging control," in PowerTech, 2015 IEEE Eindhoven, 2015, pp. 1-5.
- G. Celli, S. Mocci, F. Pilo, G.G. Soma, R. Cicoria, G. Mauri, E. Fasciolo, and G. Fogliata, "Distribution network planning in presence of fast charging stations for EV," in International Conference and Exhibition on Electricity Distribution, 2013, pp. 1-4.
- W. Yao, J. Zhao, F. Wen, Z. Dong, Y. Xue, Y. Xu, and K. Meng, "A Multi-Objective Collaborative Planning Strategy for Integrated Power Distribution and Electric Vehicle Charging Systems," IEEE Trans. Power Syst, vol. 29, pp. 1811-1821, Jul. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2013.2296615
- J. M. Zhu, and H. E. Ren, "A new idea for power distribution network planning using ant colony optimization," in International Conference on Wireless Communications, NETWORKING and Mobile Computing, 2009, pp. 1-4.
- P. D. Uy, "Nakagoshi N. Application of land suitability analysis and landscape ecology to urban greenspace planning in Hanoi, Vietnam," Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, vol. 7, pp. 25-40, Feb. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ufug.2007.09.002
- P. F. Fan, L. Z. Zhang, and Z. Wang, "Improved Bacterial Colony Chemotaxis Algorithm for Distribution Network Planning," Adv. Mater. Res., vol. 354-355, pp. 1002-1006, Oct. 2011. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.354-355.1002
- J. Wang, Z. L. Wang, J. Y. Chen, X. F. Wang, X. J. Wang and L. Tian, "A game model for DGs-loads in microgrid based on firefly algorithm and its analysis," Auto. Electr. Power Syst., vol. 38, pp. 7-12, Nov. 2014.
- B. Zeng, J. Zhang, X. Yang, J. Wang, J. Dong and Y. Zhang, "Integrated planning for transition to lowcarbon distribution system with renewable energy generation and demand response," IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 29, pp. 1153-1165, Dec. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2013.2291553
- Y. Dong, S. Qian, J. Liu, L. Zhang and K. Zhang, "Optimal placement of charging stations for electric taxis in urban area with profit maximization," in Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Networking and Parallel/Distributed Computing (SNPD), 2016, pp. 177-182.
- Z. Tian, T. Jung, Y. Wang, F. Zhang, L. Tu, C. Xu, C. Tian, and X. Li, "Real-Time Charging Station Recommendation System for Electric-Vehicle Taxis," IEEE Trans. Intell. Transp. Syst., vol. 17, pp. 3098-3109, Jan. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2016.2539201
- Y. Hou, W. Zhong, L. Su, K. Hulme, A. W. Sadek and C. Qiao, "TASeT: Improving the Efficiency of Electric Taxis with Transfer-Allowed Rideshare," IEEE Trans. Vehic. Tech. vol. 65, pp. 9518-9528, Dec. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2016.2592983
- Staff Report, "Assessment of demand response and advanced metering," in FERC, 2006, Docket No. AD06-2.
- A. Mohsenzadeh, S. Pazouki, M. R. Haghifam, and C. Pang, "Optimal planning of parking lots and demand response programs in distribution network considering power loss and voltage profile," in Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference, 2015, pp. 1-5.
- Y. Zheng, Z. Y. Dong, Y. Xu, K. Meng, J. Zhao, and J. Qiu, "Electric Vehicle Battery Charging / Swap Stations in Distribution Systems: Comparison Study and Optimal Planning," IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 29, pp, 221-229, Jan. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2013.2278852
- I. S. Bae, M. K. Son and J. O. Kim, "Optimal transmission expansion planning considering the uncertainties of the power market," J. Electr. Eng. Technol., vol. 5, pp. 239-245, Mar. 2010. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2010.5.2.239
- S. Y. Lin and A. C. Lin, "Risk-Limiting Scheduling of Optimal Non-Renewable Power Generation for Systems with Uncertain Power Generation and Load Demand," Energies, vol. 9, pp. 868, Oct. 2016. https://doi.org/10.3390/en9110868
- V. F. Martins, C. L. T. Borges, "Active distribution network integrated planning incorporating distributed generation and load response uncertainties," IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 26, pp. 2164-2172, Apr. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2011.2122347
- X. S. Yang, Nature-Inspired Metaheuristic Algorithms, Beckington: Luniver, 2010, pp. 83-96.
- X. S. Yang, "Firefly algorithms for multimodal optimization," in International Conference on Stochastic Algorithms: Foundations and Applications, 2009, pp. 169-178.
- J. Kennedy, and R. A. Eberhart, "A discrete binary version of the particle swarm algorithm," in Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, 1997. Computational Cybernetics and Simulation., 1997 IEEE International Conference on, 1997, vol. 5, pp. 4104-4108.
- W. Huang, C. Xu, J. Zhang, W. Huang, C. Xu, J. Zhang, and S. Hu, "Study of reactive power optimization based on immune genetic algorithm," in Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition, 2003, pp. 186-190.
- B. Zeng, J. Zhang, Y. Zhang, X. Yang, J. Dong, and W. Liu, "Active Distribution System Planning for Low-carbon Objective using Cuckoo Search Algorithm," J. Electr. Eng. Technol., vol. 9, pp. 433-440, Mar. 2014. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.2.433
- Y. Cai, H. Wang, Q. Ye, and M. Ouyang, "Analysis of two typical EV business models based on EV taxi demonstrations in China," in Electric Vehicle Symposium and Exhibition, 2013, pp. 1-6