- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Short Term Load Forecasting Algorithm for Lunar New Year's Day
- Song, Kyung-Bin (Department of Electrical Engineering, Soongsil University) ;
- Park, Jeong-Do (Division of Energy & Electrical Engineering, Uiduk University) ;
- Park, Rae-Jun (Department of Electrical Engineering, Soongsil University)
- Received : 2017.04.21
- Accepted : 2017.10.10
- Published : 2018.03.01
Short term load forecasts complexly affected by socioeconomic factors and weather variables have non-linear characteristics. Thus far, researchers have improved load forecast technologies through diverse techniques such as artificial neural networks, fuzzy theories, and statistical methods in order to enhance the accuracy of load forecasts. Short term load forecast errors for special days are relatively much higher than that of weekdays. The errors are mainly caused by the irregularity of social activities and insufficient similar past data required for constructing load forecast models. In this study, the load characteristics of Lunar New Year's Day holidays well known for the highest error occurrence holiday period are analyzed to propose a load forecast technique for Lunar New Year's Day holidays. To solve the insufficient input data problem, the similarity of the load patterns of past Lunar New Year's Day holidays having similar patterns was judged by Euclid distance. Lunar New Year's Day holidays periods for 2011-2012 were forecasted by the proposed method which shows that the proposed algorithm yields better results than the comprehensive analysis method or the knowledge-based method.
Supported by : Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning (KETEP)
- Kyung-Bin Song, Bon-Suk Ku, and Young-Sik Baek, "Load Forecasting for Holidays Using a Fuzzy Least Squares Linear Regression Algorithm," The Transactions of the KIEE, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 233-237, Apr. 2003.
- Kwang-Ho Kim, Hyoung-Sun Youn, and Yong-Cheol Kang, "Short-Term Load Forecasting for Special Days in Anomalous Load Conditions Using Neural Networks and Fuzzy Inference Method," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 559-565, May 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/59.867141
- Saeid Nahi, "Load Forecasting on Special Days & Holidays in Power Distribution Substation Using Neural & Fuzzy Networks," IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence for Modeling Control and Automation, Conference Publication, pp. 118, Nov. 2006.
- Yuanzhe Cai, Qing Xie, Chengqiang Wang, and Fang-cheng Lu, "Short-Term Load Forecasting for City Holidays Based on Genetic Support Vector Machines," ICECE 2011, Conference Publications, pp. 3144-3147, Sep. 2011.
- I. Aquino, C. Perez, J.K. Chavez, and S. Oporto, "Daily Load Forecasting Using Quick Propagation Neural Network with a Special Holiday Encoding," IJCNN, Conference Publications, pp. 1935-1940, Aug. 2007.
- Oh-Sung Kwon, and Kyung-Bin Song, "Development of Short-Term Load Forecasting Method by Analysis of Load Characteristics during Chuseok Holiday," The Transactions of the KIEE, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 2215-2220, Dec. 2011.
- Bon-Suk Ku, Young-Sik Beak, and Kyung-Bin Song, "An Improvement Algorithm of the Daily Peak Load Forecasting for Korean Thanksgiving Day and the Lunar New Year's Day," The Transaction of the KIEE, vol. 51, no. 10, pp. 453-459, Oct. 2002.
- D.H. Hong, S.H. Lee, and H.Y. Do, "Fuzzy Linear Regression Analysis for Fuzzy Input-output Data Using Shape Preserving Operations," Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 122, pp. 513-526, Sep. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-0114(00)00003-8
- A.K. Jain, and M.N. Murty, "Data Clustering : A Review," ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 271-272 Sep. 1999.
- Korea Power Exchange, "Load Forecasting Expert System: Lofy2005," Oct. 2005.
- Kyung-Bin Song, Oh-Sung Kwon, and Jeong-Do Park, "Optimal Coefficient Selection of Exponential Smoothing Model in Short Term Load Forecasting on Weekdays," The Transactions of the KIEE, vol. 62, no. 2 , pp. 149-154, Feb. 2013.
- Korea Power Exchange, "A Study on Short-term Load Forecasting Technique and its Application," Nov. 2011.