- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Power Flow Algorithm for Weakly Meshed Distribution Network with Distributed Generation Based on Loop-analysis in Different Load Models
- Su, Hongsheng (School of Automation and Electrical Engineering, Lanzhou Jiaotong University) ;
- Zhang, Zezhong (School of Automation and Electrical Engineering, Lanzhou Jiaotong University)
- Received : 2017.05.01
- Accepted : 2017.11.13
- Published : 2018.03.01
As distributed generation (DG) is connected to grid, there is new node-type occurring in distribution network. An efficient algorithm is proposed in this paper to calculate power flow for weakly meshed distribution network with DGs in different load models. The algorithm respectively establishes mathematical models focusing on the wind power, photovoltaic cell, fuel cell, and gas turbine, wherein the different DGs are respectively equivalent to PQ, PI, PQ (V) and PV node-type. When dealing with PV node, the algorithm adopts reactive power compensation device to correct power, and the reactive power allocation principle is proposed to determine reactive power initial value to improve convergence of the algorithm. In addition, when dealing with the weakly meshed network, the proposed algorithm, which builds path matrix based on loop-analysis and establishes incident matrix of node voltage and injection current, possesses good convergence and strong ability to process the loops. The simulation results in IEEE33 and PG&G69 node distribution networks show that with increase of the number of loops, the algorithm's iteration times will decrease, and its convergence performance is stronger. Clearly, it can be effectively used to solve the problem of power flow calculation for weakly meshed distribution network containing different DGs.
Supported by : Lanzhou Jiaotong University
- S. Naka, T. Genji and Y. Fukuyama, "Practical Equipment Models for Fast Distribution Power Flow Considering Interconnection of Distributed Generators," in Proceedings of IEEE/PES Summer Meeting, Vancouver, Canada, July 2001.
- A P Agalgainkara, S V Kulkarni and S A Khaparde, "Evaluation of Configuration Plans for DGs in Developing Countries Using Advanced Planning Techniques," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 973-981, May 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2006.873420
- Hossein Faraji, Farsam Farzadpour and Hamidreza Hajimirzaalian, "A New Hybrid Particle Swarm Optimization Approach for Sizing and Placement Enhancement of Distributed Generation," in Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Power Engineering, Energy and Electrical Drives, Istanbul, Turkey, May 2013.
- K. Moslehi and R. Kumar, "A Reliability Perspective of the Smart Grid," IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 57-64, June 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSG.2010.2046346
- Yuan Zhaoxiang, Kong Xiangyu, Zhao Shuai, "Reliability Analysis Method for Distribution System with Distributed eneration," Proceedings of the CSUEPSA, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 112-116, Apr 2013.
- A. Keane, P Cuffe, E Diskine, and et al., "Evaluation of Advanced Operation and Control of Distributed Wind Farms to Support Efficiency and Reliability," IEEE Transactions on Sustain Energy, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 735-742, Oct 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSTE.2012.2200000
- S. Gill, I. Kockar and G. W. Ault, "Dynamic Optimal Power Flow for Active Distribution Networks," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 121-131, Jan 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2013.2279263
- M. J. Dolan, E. M. Davidson and I. Kockar, "Distribution Power Flow Management Utilizing an Online Optimal Power Flow Technique," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 790-799, May 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2011.2177673
- M. M. A. Abdelaziz, H. E. Farag and E. F. E. Saadany, "A Novel and Generalized Three-phase Power Flow Algorithm for Island Micro-grids Using a Newton Trust Region Method," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 190-201, May 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2012.2195785
- Wang S and Wang C, Modern Distribution System Analysis. Beijing, Higher Education Press, 2007.
- Zhu X, Zhang J and Liu W, "Power Flow Calculation of Distributed System with Distributed Generation Considering Static Load Characteristics," Power System Technology, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 217-223, Jan 2012.
- Ma Rui and He Renmu, "Research on Spot Pricing Approach Considering Load Static Voltage Characteristics," Power System Technology, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 9-13, Jan 2006.
- S.Tong and K. Miu, "A Network-based Distributed Slack Bus Model for DGs in Unbalanced Power Flow Studies," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 835-842, May 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2005.846056
- P. R. Bijwe and G. K. Viswanadha, "Fuzzy Distribution Power Flow for Weakly Meshed system," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 1645-1652, Nov. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2006.881138
- A. Losi and M. Russo, "Object-Oriented Load Flow for Radial and Weakly Meshed Distribution Networks," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 1265-1274, Nov. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2003.818600
- Zhang Qin, Zhou Buxiang and Lin Nan, "Improved Power Flow Algorithm for Distribution Networks Based on Zbus Algorithm and Forward/Backward Sweep Method," Proceedings of the CSU-EPSA, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 73-77, Jun 2012.
- Yang Chao, Shen Cong and Li Rui, "Processing of PV Nodes in Forward/Backward Sweep Algorithm for Distribution Network Containing Distribution Generators," Power System Technology, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 238-243, Apr 2012.
- S. X. Wang, X. Y. Jiang and C. S. Wang, "Power Flow Analysis of Distribution Network Containing Wind Power Generator," Power System Technology, vol. 30, no. 21, pp. 42-45, Nov 2006.
- H. Y. Chen, J. F. Chen and X. Z. Duan, "Study on Power Calculation of Distribution System with DGs," Automation of Electric Power Systems, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 35-40, Jan 2006.
- Y. Zhu and K. Tomsovic, "Adaptive Power Flow Method for Distribution Systems with Dispersed Generation," IEEE Trans. Power Del., vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 822-827, Jul 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2002.1022810
- Chen Haiyan, Chen Jinfu and Duan Xianzhong, "Study on Power Flow Calculation of Distribution System with DGs," Automation of Electric Power Systems, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 35-40, Jan 2016.
- Zhou J, Su H, "Back/Forward Sweep Power Flow Calculation with Distributed Generation Considering Static Load Characteristics," Power System Protection and Control, vol. 43, no. 24, pp. 26-31, Dec 2015.
- Ochoa L F, Padilla F A and Harrison G P, "Evaluating Distributed Generation Impacts with a Multiobjective Index," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 1452-1458, Mar 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2005.860262
- Li X, Peng Y and Zhao J, and et al., "Power Flow Calculation of Distribution Network with Distributed Generation," Power System Protection and Control, vol. 37, no. 17, pp. 78-81+87, Sep 2009.
- Jagaduri T and Radman G, "Modeling and Control of Distributed Generation Systems Including PEM Fuel Cell and Gas Turbine," Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 77, pp. 83-92, Feb. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.epsr.2006.02.003
- Cao Bin, "Parallel Computing of Three-phase Flow Calculation for Distribution System with Distributed Power," Dissertation, North China Electric Power University, 2014.
- Carson W. Taylor, Power System Voltage Stability, McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc, 1994.
- Dai J, Wang S and Zhu J, "Power Flow Method for Weakly Meshed Distribution Network with Distributed Generation," Power System Protection and Control, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 37-41, May 2011.
- Li T, Han Y and Hu X, "Characteristics of Static Voltage Stability for Distributed Generation Integrated into Power System and Its Impacts Analysis," Power System Protection and Control, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 8-13, Jun 2014.
- Zhang L and Tang W, "Back/Forward Sweep Power Flow Calculation Method of Distribution Networks with DGs," Transactions of China Electrotechnical Society, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 123-130, Aug 2010.
- Yan L, Xie Y and Xu J, "Improved Forward and Backward Substitution in Calculation of Power Distribution Network with Distributed Generation," Journal of Xi'an University, vol. 547, no. 6, pp. 117-123, Dec 2013.
- Xu Q, Liu Z and Yang Y, "Improved Method of Distribution Network Three-phase Power Flow Calculation," Proceedings of the CSU-EPSA, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 23-29, Sep 2014.
- Li Z, "Power Flow Algorithm for Distribution Network with Distributed Generations," Dissertation, Zhenzhou University, 2012.
- Yang T, "Research of Distribution Network Reconfiguration Based on Tabu-Particle Swarm Optimization," Dissertation, Lanzhou Jiaotong University, 2014.