- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Positioning Method of Distributed Power System by Considering Characteristics of Droop Control in a DC Microgrid
- Ko, Byoung-Sun (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Lee, Gi-Young (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Sang-Il (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Rae-Young (Dept. of Electrical and Biomedical Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Cho, Jin-Tae (Korea Electric Power Research Institute(KEPRI), Korea Electric Power Corporation(KEPKO)) ;
- Kim, Ju-Yong (Korea Electric Power Research Institute(KEPRI), Korea Electric Power Corporation(KEPKO))
- Received : 2017.06.27
- Accepted : 2017.11.13
- Published : 2018.03.01
In this paper, a positioning method of distributed power system is proposed to minimize the average voltage variation of a DC microgrid through voltage sensitivity analysis. The voltage sensitivity under a droop control depends on the position of the distributed power system. In order to acquire a precise voltage sensitivity under a droop control, we analyzed the power flow by introducing a droop bus with the considerations of the droop characteristics. The results of the positioning method are verified through PSCAD/EMTDC simulation.
Grant : Demontration Study for Low Voltage Direct Current Distribution Network in an lsland
Supported by : KEPCO
- R. H. Lasseter, "MicroGrids," in 2002 IEEE Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting. Conference Proceedings (Cat. No.02CH37309), vol. 1, pp. 305-308, 2002.
- J. M. Guerrero, J. C. Vasquez, J. Matas, L. G. d. Vicuna, and M. Castilla, "Hierarchical Control of Droop-Controlled AC and DC Microgrids;A General Approach Toward Standardization," IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, vol. 58, pp. 158-172, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2066534
- Y. Gu, X. Xiang, W. Li, and X. He, "Mode-Adaptive Decentralized Control for Renewable DC Microgrid With Enhanced Reliability and Flexibility," IEEE Trans. Power Electronics, vol. 29, pp. 5072-5080, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2013.2294204
- T. Dragicevic, J. C. Vasquez, J. M. Guerrero, and D. Skrlec, "Advanced LVDC Electrical Power Architectures and Microgrids: A step toward a new generation of power distribution networks," IEEE Electrification Magazine, vol. 2, pp. 54-65, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/MELE.2013.2297033
- D. Salomonsson, L. Soder, and A. Sannino, "An Adaptive Control System for a DC Microgrid for Data Centers," IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, vol. 44, pp. 1910-1917, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2008.2006398
- D. E. Olivares, C. A. Canizares, and M. Kazerani, "A Centralized Energy Management System for Isolated Microgrids," IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, vol. 5, pp. 1864-1875, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSG.2013.2294187
- Y. Ito, Y. Zhongqing, and H. Akagi, "DC microgrid based distribution power generation system," in The 4th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference, 2004. IPEMC 2004., Vol. 3, pp. 1740-1745, 2004.
- S. Anand, B. G. Fernandes, and J. Guerrero, "Distributed Control to Ensure Proportional Load Sharing and Improve Voltage Regulation in Low-Voltage DC Microgrids," IEEE Trans. Power Elec-tronics, vol. 28, pp. 1900-1913, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2012.2215055
- M. R. Vallem, J. Mitra, and S. B. Patra, "Distributed Generation Placement for Optimal Microgrid Architecture," in 2005/2006 IEEE/PES Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exhibition, pp. 1191-1195, 2006.
- N. Lin, B. Zhou, and X. Wang, "Optimal placement of distributed generators in micro-grid," in 2011 International Conference on Consumer Electronics, Communications and Networks (CECNet), pp. 4239-4242, 2011.
- A. K. Basu, A. Bhattacharya, S. P. Chowdhury, S. Chowdhury, and P. A. Crossley, "Reliability study of a micro grid system with optimal sizing and placement of DER," in CIRED Seminar 2008: SmartGrids for Distribution, pp. 1-4, 2008.
- C. Abbey and G. Joos, "Coordination of Distributed Storage with Wind Energy in a Rural Distribution System," in 2007 IEEE Industry Applications Annual Meeting, pp. 1087-1092, 2007.
- J. M. Gantz, S. M. Amin, and A. M. Giacomoni, "Optimal mix and placement of energy storage systems in power distribution networks for reduced outage costs," in 2012 IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), pp. 2447-2453, 2012.
- Z. Chaorui and Z. Ying Jun, "Optimal distributed generation placement among interconnected cooperative microgrids," in 2016 IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting (PESGM), pp. 1-5, 2016.
- Ali Keyhani, Design of Smart Power Grid Renewable Energy Systems, Wiley, 2011.
- C. Li, S. K. Chaudhary, M. Savaghebi, J. C. Vasquez, and J. M. Guerrero, "Power Flow Analysis for Lowvoltage AC and DC Microgrids Considering Droop Control and Virtual Impedance," IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, vol. PP, pp. 1-1, 2016.
- H.-Y. Jeong, J.-C. Choi, D.-J. Won, S.-J. Ahn, and S.-i. Moon, "Formulation and Analysis of an Approximate Expression for Voltage Sensitivity in Radial DC Distribution Systems," Energies, vol. 8, pp. 9296-9319, 2015. https://doi.org/10.3390/en8099296