- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Practical Voltage Error Correction Technique for Distribution System under Distribution Automation Environment
- Aslam, Muhammad (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Myongji University) ;
- Kim, Hyung-Seung (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Myongji University) ;
- Choi, Myeon-Song (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Myongji University) ;
- Lee, Seung-Jae (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Myongji University)
- 투고 : 2017.06.26
- 심사 : 2017.12.31
- 발행 : 2018.03.01
Transmission system has been well studied since long time and power system techniques of distribution system are more or less derived from transmission system. However, unlike transmission systems, many practical issues are encountered in the distribution system. Considerable amount of error is observed in voltage obtained from the Feeder Remote Terminal Units (FRTUs) measured by the pole mounted PTs along the distribution feeder. Load uncertainty is also an issue in distribution system. Further, penetration of Distributed Generators (DGs) creates voltage variations in the system. Hybrid radial/ loop distribution system also make it complicated to handle distribution system. How these constraints to be handled under Distribution Automation (DAS) environment in order to obtain error free voltage is described in this paper and therefore, a new approach of voltage error correction technique has been proposed. The proposed technique utilizes reliable data from substation and the FRTUs installed in DAS. The proposed technique adopts an iterative process for voltage error correction. It has been tested and proved accurate not only for conventional radial systems but also for loop distribution systems.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning (KETEP)
- Jintae Cho, Seong-chul Kwon, Jae-Han Kim, Jon-Nam Won, Seong-Soo Cho and Juyong Kim, "Voltage Measurement Accuracy Assessment System for Distribution Equipment of Smart Distribution Network," Journal of electrical Engineering and technology (JEET), vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 30-40, Oct. 2015. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.1.030
- M. A. Mahmud, M. J. Hossain and H. R. Pota, "Voltage Variation on Distribution Networks with Distributed Generations," IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 8, no. 4 pp. 1096-1103, Dec.2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSYST.2013.2265176
- Y. Gao, N. Yu, "State estimation for unbalanced electric power distribution systems using AMI data," Power & Energy Society innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference (ISGT), 2017.
- C. N. Lu, J.H. Teng and W.-H. W. Liu, "Distribution System State Estimation," IEEE Trans. Power Syst., vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 229-240,Feb.1995.
- S.H. Braunstein, N.G. Bretas, A. Rossoni and A. Bretas, "Bad Data Analysis in Distribution State Estimation Considering Load Models," Power & Energy Society General Meeting, 2015 IEEE, Denver, USA, July 2015.
- N. Okada, M. Takasaki and K. Tanaka, "A Case Study of Bad Data Detection for Distribution Feeder Voltage Measurement," Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (IGST Europe), 2012 3rd IEEE PES International Conference and Exhibition. Berlin, Germany, Oct. 2012.
- Ravindra Kumar and Dinanath Prasad, "Effect of Bad Measurements on State Estimation in Power System." Power India Conference, 2012 IEEE Fifth,. Murthal, India, Dec. 2012.
- Kevein A. Clements, "The Impact of Pseudo-Measurements on State Estimation in Power System," Power and Energy Society General Meeting, 2011 IEEE, Detriot, USA, July 2011.
- Tsai-Hsiang Chen, Wei-Tzer Huang, Jyh-Cheng Gu, Guan-Chih PU, Yen-Feng Hsu and Tzong-Yih Guo, "Feasibility Study of Upgrading Primary Feeders From Radial and Open-Loop to Normally Closed-Loop Arrangement," IEEE Trans. On Power Systems, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 1308-1316, Aug.2004.
- Sivkumar Mishra, Depapriya Das and Subrata Paul, "A Simple Algorithm for Distribution System Load Flow with Distributed Generation," Recent Advances and Innovations in engineering (ICRAIE), Jaipur, India, May 2014.
- J.-H Teng, "Modeling Distributed Generations in Three-Phase Distribution Load Flow," IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution, vol. 2, no. 3, pp.330-340, May 2008. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-gtd:20070165