- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Direct Power Control of PMa-SynRG with Back-to-back PWM Voltage-fed Drive
- Baek, Jeihoon (School of Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Korea University of Technology & Education) ;
- Kwak, Sangshin (School of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Chungang University)
- Received : 2017.07.17
- Accepted : 2017.11.09
- Published : 2018.03.01
In this paper, the performance analysis of a control topology based on the direct output power control (DPC) for robust and inexpensive permanent magnet-assisted synchronous reluctance generator (PMa-SynRG) system is presented. The PMa-SynRG might be coupled to an internal combustion engine running at variable speed. A three-phase PWM rectifier rectifies the generator output and supplies the dc link. A single-phase PWM inverter supplies constant ac voltage at constant frequency to the grid. The overall control algorithm is implemented on a TMS320F2812 digital signal processor board. Simulations results and experimental results verify the operation of the proposed system.
Supported by : Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning(KETEP)
- J. Wai, and T.M. Jahns, "A new control technique for achieving wide constant power speed operation with an interior PM alternator machine," in Conf. Rec. IEEE IAS Annu. Meeting, vol. 2, pp. 807-814, Oct. 2001.
- H. Murakami, Y. Honda, and H. Kiriyama, "The performance comparison of SPMSM, IPMSM and SynRM in use as air-conditioning compressor," in Conf. Rec. IEEE IAS Annu. Meeting, vol. 2, pp. 840-845, Oct. 1999.
- H. Murakami, Y. Honda, H. Kiriyama, S. Morimoto, and Y. Takeda, "The performance comparison of SPMSM, IPMSM and SynRM in use as air-conditioning compressor," in Conf. Rec. IEEE IAS Annu. Meeting, vol. 2, pp. 840-845, Oct. 1999.
- S. Morimoto, M. Sanada, and Y. Takeda, "Performance of PM assisted synchronous reluctance motor for high efficiency and wide constant power operation," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 1234-1240, Sept./Oct. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.952497
- P. Niazi, H.A. Toliyat, D-H. Cheong, and J-C. Kim, "A low-cost and efficient permanent magnet assisted synchronous reluctance motor drive," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 542-550, Mar./Apr. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2006.890033
- I. Boldea, L. Tutelea, and C. I. Pitic, "PM assisted reluctance synchronous motor/generator (PM-RSM) for mild hybrid vehicle: electromagnetic design," IEEE Trans. Ind. App., vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 492-498, Mar./Apr. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2004.824434
- T. Nakamura, S. Morimoto, M. Sanada, and Y. Takeda, "Optimum control of IPMSG for wind generation system," Proc. PCC, vol. 3, pp. 1435-1440, Apr. 2002.
- R. Q. Machado, J. A. Pomilio, and E. G. Marra "Electronically controlled bi-directional connection of induction generator with a single-phase grid," Ind. Elec. Soc. IECON, vol. 3, pp. 1982-1987, Nov./Dec. 2001.
- M. Chinchilla, S. Arnaltes, and J.C. Burgos, "Control of permanent-magnet generators applied to variablespeed wind-energy systems connected to the grid," IEEE Trans. En. Conv., vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 130-135, Mar. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2005.853735
- J.H. Lee, J.C. Kim, and D.S. Hyun, "Effect analysis of magnet on Ld and Lq inductance of permanent magnet assisted synchronous reluctance motor using finite element method," IEEE Trans. Magnetics, vol. 35, no. 35, pp. 1199-1206, May 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.767164
- B.J. Chalmers, S.A. Hamed, and G. D. Baines, "Parameters and performance of a high-field performance permanent-magnet synchronous motor for variable-frequency operation," Proc. IEE, vol. 132, pt. B, pp. 117-124, 1985.
- J. Baek, M.M. Rahimian, and H.A. Toliyat, "Optimal design and comparison of stator winding configurations in permanent magnet assisted synchronous reluctance generator," in Conf. Rec. IEEE IEMDC, pp. 732-737, May 2009.
- D. Seyoum, and C. Grantham, "Terminal voltage control of a wind turbine driven isolated induction generator using stator oriented field control," in Conf. Rec. IEEE APEC, vol. 2, pp. 846-852, Feb. 2003.
- M. Malinowski, W. Kolomyjski, M.P. Kazmierkowski, and S. Stynski "Control of variable-speed type wind turbines using direct power control space vector modulated 3-level PWM converter," in Conf. Rec. Ind. Tech. ICIT, pp. 1516-1521, Dec. 2006.
- J. Zhang, F. Rahman, and C. Grantham "A new scheme to direct torque control of interior permanent magnet synchronous machine drives for constant inverter switching and low torque ripple," in Conf. Rec. PEMC, vol. 3, pp. 1-5, Aug. 2006.
- M. Malinowski, M. Jasinski, and M.P. Kazmierkowski, "Simple direct power control of three-phase PWM rectifier using space-vector modulation (DPC-SVM)," IEEE Trans. Ind. Elec., vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 447-454, Apr. 1991.
- J. Zhang, M.F. Rahman, and C. Grantham, "A new scheme to direct torque control of interior permanent magnet synchronous machine drives for constant inverter switching frequency and low torque ripple," in Conf. Rec. CES/IEEE IPEMC, vol. 3, pp. 1-5, Aug. 2006.
- M. Malinowski, M.P. Kazmierkowski, and A.M. Trzynadlowski, "A comparative study of control techniques for PWM rectifiers in AC adjustable speed drives," IEEE Trans. Power Elec., vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 1390-1396, Nov. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2003.818871
- P. Niazi, H.A. Toliyat, and A. Goodarzi, "Robust maximum torque per amp (MTPA) control of PM assisted SynRM for tractions application," IEEE Trans Power Elec., vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 1538-1545, July 2007.
- S. Morimoto, Y. Takeda, T. Hirasa, and K. Taniguchi, "Expansion of operating limit for permanent magnet motor by current vector control considering inverter capacity," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 866-871, Sep./Oct. 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.60058
- S. Morimoto, H. Kato, M. Sanada, and Y. Takeda "Output maximization control for wind generation system with interior permanent magnet synchronous generator," in Conf. Rec. IEEE IAS Annu. Meeting, vol. 1, pp. 503-510, Oct. 2006.