- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Vibration Analysis of Transformer DC bias Caused by HVDC based on EMD Reconstruction
- Liu, Xingmou (College of Automation, Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications) ;
- Yang, Yongming (School of Electrical Engineering, Chongqing University) ;
- Huang, Yichen (State Grid Jiangxi Economic Research Institute)
- Received : 2017.05.22
- Accepted : 2017.11.15
- Published : 2018.03.01
This paper proposes a new approach utilizing empirical mode decomposition (EMD) reconstruction to process vibration signals of a transformer under DC bias caused by high voltage direction transmission (HVDC), which is the potential cause of additional vibration and noise from transformer. Firstly, the Calculation Method is presented and a 3D model of transformer is simulated to analyze transformer deformation characteristic and the result indicate the main vibration is produced along axial direction of three core limbs. Vibration test system has been built and test points on the core and shell of transformer have been measured. Then, the signal reconstruction method for transformer vibration based on EMD is proposed. Through the EMD decomposition, the corrupted noise can be selectively reconstructed by the certain frequency IMFs and better vibration signals of transformer have been obtained. After EMD reconstruction, the vibrations are compared between transformer in normal work and with DC bias. When DC bias occurs, odd harmonics, vibration of core and shell, behave as a nonlinear increase and the even harmonics keep unchanged with DC current. Experiment results are provided to collaborate our theoretical analysis and to illustrate the effectiveness of the proposed EMD method.
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China
- B. Zhang, X. Cui, R. Zeng and J. He, "Calculation of DC current distribution in AC power system near HVDC system by using moment method coupled to circuit equations," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 6, no. 55, pp. 703-706, 2016.
- Yang Y, Liu X, Chen T, et al. "Impact of soil structure adjacent to ground electrodes of UHVDC power transmission lines on DC bias of power transformers," Power System Technology, vol. 36, no. 7, pp. 26-32, 2012.
- Wang J, Gao C, Duan X, et al. "Multi-field Coupling Simulation and Experimental Study on Transformer Vibration Caused by DC Bias," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 176-187, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.1.176
- Ahn H M, Kim J K, Oh Y H, et al. "Multi-physics Analysis for Temperature Rise Prediction of Power Transformer," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 114-120, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2014.9.1.114
- M. Dolinar, D. Dolinar, G. Stumberger, B. Polajzer, and J. Ritonja, "A three-phase core-type transformer iron core model with included magnetic cross saturation," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 2849-2851, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2006.879145
- Cho S D. "Three-phase Transformer Model and Parameter Estimation for ATP," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 302-307, 2006. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2006.1.3.302
- Q. Li, X. Wang, L. Zhang, J. Lou, L. Zou, "Modelling methodology for transformer core vibrations based on the magnetostrictive properties," IET Electric Power Applications, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 604-610, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-epa.2012.0144
- A. J. Moses, "Measurement of magnetostriction and vibration with regard to transformer noise," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 154-156, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.1974.1058301
- T. Nakase, M. Nakano, F.N. Takahashi, "Measuring system for magnetostriction of silicon steel sheet under AC excitation using optical methods," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 2072-2074, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/20.706800
- S Y Wu, W G Huang, F R Kong. "Vibration features extraction of power transformer using all time-scalefrequency analysis method based on WPT and HHT," IEEE 6th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference, 2009.
- S C Ji, Y F Luo, Y M Li, "Research on extraction technique of transformer core fundamental frequency vibration based on OLTC," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 1981-1988, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2006.876665
- C. Bartoletti, M. Desiderio, D.D. Carlo, "Vibro-Acoustic techniques to diagnose power transformers," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 221-229, 2004.
- Abeywickrama N, Ekanayake C, Serdyuk Y V, et al. "Effects of the Insulation Quality on the Frequency Response of Power Transformers," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 534-542, 2006. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2006.1.4.534
- He Lifang, Cao Li, Zhang Tianqi. "Stochastic resonance research with EMD de-noising under Levy noise," Journal of Electronic Measurement and Instrumentation, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 21- 28, 2017.
- F. Zhou, L. Yang, H. Zhou, L. Yang, "Optimal averages for nonlinear signal decompositions-another alternative for empirical mode decomposition," Signal Processing, vol. 121, pp. 17-29, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sigpro.2015.10.022
- J. Jang, Y. Chiu, "Numerical and experimental thermal analysis for a metallic hollow cylinder subjected to step-wise electro-magnetic induction heating," Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 27, pp. 883-1894, 2007.
- M. Dolinar, D. Dolinar, G. Stumberger, B. Polajzer and J. Ritonja, "A three-phase core-type transformer iron core model with included magnetic cross saturation," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 2849- 2851, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2006.879145
- F. Claeyssen, N. Lhermet, R. Le Letty and P. Bouchilloux, "Actuators, transducers and motors based on giant magnetostriction materials," Journal of Alloys and Compounds, vol. 258, no. 1/2, pp. 61-73, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0925-8388(97)00070-4
- H. Shin, J. Choi, H. Park and S. Jang, "Vibration analysis and measurements through prediction of electromagnetic vibration sources of permanent magnet synchronous motor based on analytical magnetic field calculations," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 48, no. 11, pp. 4216-4219, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2012.2200658
- R. Yan, B. Wang, Q. Yang, F. Liu, S. Cao and W. Huang, "A numerical model of displacement for giant magnetostrictive actuator," IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, svol. 14, no. 2, pp. 1914-1917, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2004.830929
- N.E. Huang, Z. Shen, S.R. Long, "The empirical mode decomposition and Hilbert spectrum for nonlinear and nonstationary time series analysis," Proceedings of the Royal Society of London A, vol. 454, pp. 903-995, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspa.1998.0193
- Jia Jide, Wu Chunzhi, Jia Xiangyu, et al, "A Time-Frequency Asnalysis Method Suitable for Engine Vibration Signals," Automotive Engineering, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 97-101, 2017.
- R. Yan, R.X. Gao, "Hilbert-huang transform-based vibration signal analysis for machine health monitoring," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation And Measurement, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 2320- 2329, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2006.887042
- J. He, Z. Yu, R. Zeng, and B. Zhang, "Vibration and audible noise characteristics of AC transformer caused by HVDC system under monopole operation," IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 1835-1842, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2012.2205409