- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Simplified Synthetic Testing Facility with Modified TRV Circuit
- Chong, Jin-Kyo (Korea Electrotechnology Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Kyung Seob (Changwon Plant H.V Switchgear R&D Team) ;
- Lee, Chang-Hoon (Changwon Plant H.V Switchgear R&D Team) ;
- Kim, Gyu-Tak (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Changwon National University)
- Received : 2017.08.25
- Accepted : 2017.11.09
- Published : 2018.03.01
In order to develop a gas circuit breaker (GCB), the breaking performance of the short line fault (SLF) should be prioritized over that of the breaker terminal fault (BTF). In brief, it is necessary to evaluate the thermal characteristics of the insulating gas that is filled in a GCB. In the process of developing a GCB, many companies use the simplified synthetic testing facility (SSTF).In order to evaluate the SLF breaking performance of a GCB with a long minimum arcing time, a modifications to the conventional SSTF was proposed. In this study, we developed the SSTF with a modified transient recovery voltage circuit. The performance of the newly developed SSTF was verified by an
- Hugh McLaren Ryan, "High Voltage Engineering and Testing," Institution of Electrical Engineers, 1994.
- Annex B "Current injection methods," IEC 62271-101, 2014.
- B.L. Sheng, "Design Consideration of Weil-Dobke Synthetic Testing Circuit for the Interrupting Testing of HV AC Circuit Breakers," Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting, 2001, IEEE.
- Annex H "Re-ignition methods to prolong arcing," IEC 62271-101, 2014.
- L.M.J. Vries, "A Re-ignition Installation with Triggered Vacuum Gaps for Synthetic Fault Interruption Testing," IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol.PWRD-1, no. 2, April 1986.
- Lou van der Sluis, "Transient in Power Systems," JOHN WILEY & SONS, LTD, 2001.
- Guy St-Jean, "Equivalence Between Direct and Synthetic Short-Circuit Interruption Tests on HV Circuit Breakers," IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, vol. PAS-102, no. 7, July 1983.
- Thomas Betz, Dieter Koenig, "Fundamental Studies on Vacuum Circuit Breaker Arc Quenching Limits a Synthetic Test Circuit," XVIIth International Symposium on Discharges and Electrical Insulation in Vacuum-Berkeley-1996.
- J.G. Jamnani, S.A. Kanitkar, "TRV Rating Concepts and Generation of TRV Envelopes for Synthetic Testing of Extra High Voltage Circuit Breakers," International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering, vol. 3, no. 1, Feb. 2011.