- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development and utility evaluation of new Multi-Leaf Collimator for Diagnostic X-ray Equipment
- Ji, Hoon (Division of medical radiation equipment, Korea Institute of Radiological and Medical Sciences) ;
- Han, Su Chul (Division of medical radiation equipment, Korea Institute of Radiological and Medical Sciences) ;
- Baek, Jong Hyeun (Dept. of Biomedical Engineering, Tongmyong University) ;
- Lee, Dong Hoon (Dept. of Biomedical Engineering, Tongmyong University) ;
- Park, Seungwoo (Division of medical radiation equipment, Korea Institute of Radiological and Medical Sciences)
- Received : 2017.04.10
- Accepted : 2017.12.06
- Published : 2018.03.01
The diagnostic multi-leaf collimator preventing unnecessary dose from entering into patients during the diagnostic examination was made in this study. The movement of the entire 50 leaves was embodied with the group of 25 ones thereof configured in a pair facing each other on the left and right of the median line. Dimensions of the length, width, and height of each shielding leaf were
Supported by : Korea Health Industry Development Institute (KHIDI)
- Tsapaki V, Aldrich JE, Sharma R, Staniszewska MA., Krisanachinda A. et al. "Dose reduction in CT while maintaining diagnostic confidence: diagnostic reference levels at routine head, chest, and abdominal CT-IAEA-coordinated research project," Radiology, vol. 240, no. 3, pp. 828-834, Jul. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2403050993
- Han S, Lee B, Shin G, Choi J, Kim J et al. "Dose area product measurement for diagnostic reference levels and analysis of patient dose in dental radiography," Radiat Prot Dosim, vol. 150, no. 4, pp. 523-531, Dec. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/ncr439
- Shortt, C. P., Fanning, N. F., Malone, L., Thornton, J., Brennan, P. and Lee, M. J. "Thyroid dose during Neurointerventional procedure: does lead shielding reduces the dose?" Cardiovascular Interv Radiol, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 922-927, May. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00270-007-9093-7
- Han SC, Kwon SC. "Radiation dose reduction to the critical organ with bismuth shielding during endovascular coil embolisation for cerebral aneurysms," Radiat Prot Dosim, vol. 156, no. 3, pp. 364-371, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/nct070
- Hopper, K. D., Neuman, J. D., King, S. H. and Kunselman, A. R. "Radioprotection to the eye during CT scanning," AJNR Am J Neuroradiol, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 1194-1198, Jun. 2001.
- McLaughlin, D. J. and Mooney, R. B. "Dose reduction to radiosensitive tissues in CT: do commercially avail available shields meet the users' needs?" Clinical Radiology, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 446-450, June. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crad.2003.10.016
- Moritake, T., Matsumaru, Y., Takigawa, T., Nishizawa, K., Matsumara, A. and Tsuboi, K. "Dose measurement on both patients and operators during Neurointerventional procedures using photo-luminescence glass dosimeters," AJNR Am J Neuroradiol, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 1910-1917, Aug. 2008. https://doi.org/10.3174/ajnr.A1235
- Prins, R., Dauer, L. T., Colosi, D. C., Quinn, B., Kleiman, N., Bohle, G., Holohan, B., Al-Najjar, A., Fernandez, T., Bonvento, M. et al. "Significant reduction in dental cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) eye dose through the use of leaded glasses," Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod, vol. 112, no. 4, pp. 502-507, Jul. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tripleo.2011.04.041
- Khan FM. "Treatment planning III: The physics of radiation therapy," Baltimore/Lodon Williams & wikins, pp. 320-323, 1994.
- Robins hn I. "Apparat zur radiologischen Belichtung lebender under lebloser Objekte," German patent nr, pp. 192-300, 1906.
- S Webb. "The physics of three-dimensional radiation therapy," lnstitute of physics publishing Bristol and Philadelphia, pp. 218-245, Jan. 1993.
- Kitabatake T. "Development of telecobalt therapy unit with a new collimation device for conformation radiotherapy," Nippon actaradiol, vol. 26, pp. 192-200, 1996
- Helyer SJ, Heisig S. "Multileaf collimation versus conventional shielding block : a time nad motion study of beam shaping in radiotherapy," Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 61-64, Oct. 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-8140(95)01616-O
- LoSasso T, Chui Cs, Kutcher GL, Leibel SA, Fuks Z, Ling CC. "The use of a multi-leaf collimator for conformal radiotherapy of carcinomas of the prostate and nasopharynx," lnt J Radiation Oncology Biol Phys, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 161-170, Jan. 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-3016(93)90337-U
- Powlis WD, Smith AR, Cheng E, et al "initiation of multileaf collimator conformal radiation therapy," int J Radiation Oncology Biol Phys, vol.25, no.2, pp. 171-179, Jan. 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-3016(93)90338-V
- Galvin JM, Smith AR, Moeller RD. "Evaluation of multileafcollimatior design for photon beam," lnt J Radiation Oncology Bio lPhys, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 789-801, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-3016(92)90652-X
- Boyer Al, Ochran TG, Nyerick CE, Waldron TJ, Huntzinger CJ. "Clinical dosimetry for implementation of a collimator," Med phys, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 1255-1261, Sep. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.596757
- Huq MS, Yu Y, Chen ZP, Suntharalingam N "Dosimetric characteristics of a commercial multileaf collimator," Med Phys, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 241-247, Feb. 1995. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.597461