- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study of Eye Blinking to Improve Face Recognition for Screen Unlock on Mobile Devices
- Chu, Chung-Hua (Department of Multimedia Design National Taichung University of Science and Technology Taichung) ;
- Feng, Yu-Kai (Department of Multimedia Design National Taichung University of Science and Technology Taichung)
- Received : 2016.09.08
- Accepted : 2017.10.24
- Published : 2018.03.01
In recently, eye blink recognition, and face recognition are very popular and promising techniques. In some cases, people can use the photos and face masks to hack mobile security systems, so we propose an eye blinking detection, which finds eyes through the proportion of human face. The proposed method detects the movements of eyeball and the number of eye blinking to improve face recognition for screen unlock on the mobile devices. Experimental results show that our method is efficient and robust for the screen unlock on the mobile devices.
Supported by : Ministry of Science and Technology, R.O.C.
- Han, Seongwon, et al., "Eyeguardian: a framework of eye tracking and blink detection for mobile device users," in Proc. of the Twelfth Workshop on Mobile Computing Syst. & Applicat. ACM, 2012.
- C.-H. Chu, Shih-Ming Peng, "Implementation of Face Recognition for Screen Unlocking on Mobile Devices" , Proc. of the ACM Multimedia, Oct. 26-30, 2015.
- Viola, Paul, and Michael J. Jones, "Robust real-time face detection," Int. J. of Comput. vision, vol. 57, no 2, pp. 137-154, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:VISI.0000013087.49260.fb
- Torricelli, Diego, et al, "An adaptive blink detector to initialize and update a view-basedremote eye gaze tracking system in a natural scenario," Pattern Recognition Lett., vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 11144-1150, 2009.
- Viola, Paul, "Feature-based recognition of objects," in Proc. of the AAAI Fall Symp. on Learning and Comput. Vision., 1993.
- Lienhart, Rainer, and Jochen Maydt, "An extended set of haar-like features for rapid object detection," IEEE International Conference on Image Process, vol. 1, 2002.
- Lee, Won Oh, Eui Chul Lee, and Kang Ryoung Park, "Blink detection robust to various facial poses," J. of neuroscience methods, vol. 193, no. 2, pp. 356-372, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jneumeth.2010.08.034
- Jorge Batista, "A drowsiness and point of attention monitoring system for driver vigilance," Intelligent Transportation Syst. Conference(ITSC), 2007.
- Udayashankar, Atish, et al., "Assistance for the Paralyzed Using Eye Blink Detection," International Conference on Digital Home (ICDH), 2012.
- Miluzzo, Emiliano, Tianyu Wang, and Andrew T. Campbell, "EyePhone: activating mobile phones with your eyes," Proc. of the second ACM SIGCOMM workshop on Networking, Syst. and Applicat. on mobile handhelds, 2010.
- F. Song, X. Tan, X. Liu and S. Chen, Eye Closeness Detection from Still Images with Multi-scale Histograms of Principal Oriented Gradiences, Pattern Recognition, vol. 47, no. 9, pp. 2825-2838, 2014 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patcog.2014.03.024
- Krolak, Aleksandra, and Pawel Strumillo, "Eye-blink detection system for human-computer interaction," Universal Access in the Inform. Soc., vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 409-419, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10209-011-0256-6
- Arai, Kohei, and Ronny Mardiyanto, "Comparative Study on Blink Detection and Gaze Estimation Methods for HCI, in Particular, Gabor Filter Utilized Blink Detection Method," ITNG, 2011.
- Ayudhya, Chinnawat Devahasdin Na, and Thitiwan Srinark, "A method for real-time eye blink detection and its application," 6th International Joint Conference on Comput. Sci. and Software Eng. (JCSSE), 2009.
- Pimplaskar, Dhaval, M. S. Nagmode, and Atul Borkar, "Real Time Eye Blinking Detection and Tracking Using Opencv," Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 1780-1787, 2013.
- Khilari, Rupal, "Iris tracking and blink detection for human-computer interaction using a low resolution webcam," ACM Proc. of the Seventh Indian Conference on Comput. Vision, Graph. and Image Proc., 2010.
- Mohammed, Assit Prof Aree A, "Efficient Eye Blink Detection Method for disabled-helping domain," International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA), vol. 5 no. 5, pp. 202-207, 2014.
- Keun-Chang Kwak, "Face Recognition Using an Enhanced Independent Component Analysis Approach," IEEE Transactions on neural networks, vol. 18, no . 2, pp. 530-541, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNN.2006.885436
- Fabo, Pavol, and Roman Durikovic, "Automated usability measurement of arbitrary desktop application with eyetracking," 16th IEEE Int. Conference on Inform. Visualisation, 2012.
- Losing, Viktor, et al, "Guiding visual search tasks using gaze-contingent auditory feedback," ACM Proc. of the Int. Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing: Adjunct Publication, 2014.
- Gang Pan, Lin Sun, Zhaohui Wu, Shihong Lao, "Eyeblink-based Anti-spoofing in Face Recognition from a Generic Webcamera," The 11th IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 2007.
- W. Huang, S.K. Oh, "Optimized polynomial neural network classifier designed with the aid of space search simultaneous tuning strategy and data preprocessing techniques," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technique, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 911-917, 2017. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2017.12.2.911
- W. Huang, S.K. Oh, W. Pedrycz, "Fuzzy wavelet polynomial neural networks: analysis and design," IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 1329-1341, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2016.2612267