- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Ultrasonic Distance Measurement Method by Using the Envelope Model of Received Signal Based on System Dynamic Model of Ultrasonic Transducers
- Choe, Jin-Hee (School of Robotics, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Lee, Kook-Sun (Department of Electrical and Information Engineering, SNUT) ;
- Choy, Ick (School of Robotics, Kwangwoon University) ;
- Cho, Whang (School of Robotics, Kwangwoon University)
- 투고 : 2017.05.10
- 심사 : 2017.10.31
- 발행 : 2018.03.01
In order to acquire an accurate TOF, this paper proposes a method that produces TOF by using a mathematical model for the envelope of the received signal obtained from a system dynamic model of ultrasonic transducer. The proposed method estimates the arrival time of the received signal retrospectively by comparing its wave form obtained after triggering point with its mathematical envelope model. Experimental result shows that the error due to variation of triggering point can be dramatically decreased by implementing the proposed method.
- R. Kuc and M.W. Siegel, "Physically Based Simulation Model for Acoustic Sensor Robot Navigation," IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 9, pp. 766-778, Nov. 1987.
- H. Peremans, K. Audenaert and J. M. van Campenhout, "A High Resolution Sensor Based on Tri-aural Perception," IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, vol. 9, pp. 36-48, Feb. 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/70.210793
- J.R. Llata, E.G. Sarabia and J.P. Oria, "Three Dimensional Robot Vision Using Ultrasonic Sensors," J. Intelligent and Robotic Systems, vol. 33, pp. 267-284, Mar. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1015084304191
- M. Martinez and G. Benet, "Wall-Corner Classification Using Sonar: A New Approach Based on Geometric Features," Sensors, pp. 10683-10700, Nov. 2010.
- J.C. Jackson, R. Summan, G.I. Dobie, S.M. Whiteley, G. Pierce, and G. Hayward, "Time-of-Flight Measurement Techniques for Airborne Ultrasonic Ranging," IEEE trans. on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control. vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 343-355, Feb. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TUFFC.2013.2570
- E. Kaplan and C. Hegarty, Understanding GPS: Principles and Applications, Artech House, 2006.
- R. Queiros, R.C. Martins, P.S. Girao, and A. Cruz Serra, "A New Method for High Resolution Ultrasonic Ranging in Air," proc. of 18th IMEKO World Congress, Sep. 2006.
- R. Queiros, F.C. Alegria, P.S. Girao, and A. Cruz Serra, "Cross-Correlation and Sine-Fitting Techniques for High Resolution Ultrasonic Ranging," IEEE Trans. on Instrum. and Meas. vol. 59, no. 12, pp. 3227-3236, May 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2010.2047305
- J. M. Villadangos, J. Urena, J.J. Garcia, M. Mazo, A. Hernandez, A. Jimenez, D. Ruiz, and C.D. Marziani, "Measuring Time-of-Flight in an Ultrasonic LPS System Using Generalized Cross-Correlation," Sensors, vol. 11, pp. 10326-10342, Oct. 2011. https://doi.org/10.3390/s111110326
- W.G. MaMullan, B.A. Delaughe, and J.S. Bird, "A simple rising edge detector for time of arrival estimation," IEEE Trans. on Instrum. Meas. vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 823-827, Aug. 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/19.517003
- B. Barshan, "Fast processing techniques for accurate ultrasonic range measurements," Meas. Sci. Technol. vol. 11, pp. 45-50. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1088/0957-0233/11/1/307
- E.G. Sarabia, J.R. Llata, S. Robla, C. Torre-Ferrero, and J.P. Oria, "Accurate Estimation of Airborne Ultrasonic Time-of-Flight for Overlapping Echoes," Sensors, vol. 13, pp. 15465-15488, 2013. https://doi.org/10.3390/s131115465
- B. Barshan and R. Kuc, "A Bat-Like Sonar System for Obstacle Localization," IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 636-646, July/August 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/21.156577
- A. Preumont, Mechatronics-Dynamics of Electromechanical and Piezoelectric Systems, Springer, 2006.
- L.E. Kinsler, A.R. Frey, A.B. Coppens, and J.V. Sanders, Fundamentals of acoustics, John Wiley and Sons, 2000.
- M. Bartholomew-Biggs, Nonlinear Optimization with Engineering Applications, Springer, 2008.