- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Honey-Hive based Efficient Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks
- Ramachandran, Nandhakumar (Dept. of Computer Technology, MIT Campus, Anna University) ;
- Perumal, Varalakshmi (Dept. of Computer Technology, MIT Campus, Anna University)
- Received : 2016.06.07
- Accepted : 2017.11.15
- Published : 2018.03.01
The advent of Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) has led to their use in numerous applications. Sensors are autonomous in nature and are constrained by limited resources. Designing an autonomous topology with criteria for economic and energy conservation is considered a major goal in WSN. The proposed honey-hive clustering consumes minimum energy and resources with minimal transmission delay compared to the existing approaches. The honey-hive approach consists of two phases. The first phase is an Intra-Cluster Min-Max Discrepancy (ICMMD) analysis, which is based on the local honey-hive data gathering technique and the second phase is Inter-Cluster Frequency Matching (ICFM), which is based on the global optimal data aggregation. The proposed data aggregation mechanism increases the optimal connectivity range of the sensor node to a considerable degree for inter-cluster and intra-cluster coverage with an improved optimal energy conservation.
- Xingfa Shen, Zhi Wang, Peng Jiang, Ruizhong Lin and Youxian Sun, "Connectivity and RSSI Besed Localization Scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks," Advance in Intelligent Computing Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3645, pp. 578-587, 2005.
- Haeyong Kim, YonghoSeok, Nakjung Choi, Yanghee Choi and Taekyoung Kwon, "Optimal Multi-sink Positioning and Energy-Efficient Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks," Information Networking, Convergence in Broadband and Mobile Networking Lecture Notres in Computer Science, vol. 3391, pp 264-274, 2005.
- Ankit Thakkar and KetenKotecha, "Cluster Head Election for Energy and Delay Constraint Applications of Wireless Sensor Network," IEEE sensors journal, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 2658-2664, August 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSEN.2014.2312549
- Chi-Tsun Cheng, Henry Leung, and Patrick Maupin, "A Delay-Aware Network Structure for Wireless Sensor Network With In-Network Data Fusion," IEEE sensors journal, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 1622-1631, May 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSEN.2013.2240617
- Chu-Fu Wang, Jau-Der Shih, Bo-Han Pan, and Tin-Yu Wu, "A Network Lifetime Enhancement Method for Sink Relocation and Its Analysis in Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE sensors journal, vol. 14, no. 6, pp.1932-1943, June 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSEN.2014.2306429
- Degan Zhang, Gaung Li, KeZheng, Xuechao, and Zhao-Hua Pan, "An Energy-Balanced Routing Method Based on Forward-Awares Factor for Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE Transactions On Industrial Infor-matics, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 766-773, Feburary 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2013.2250910
- Jing He, ShoulingJi, Yi Pan, and Yingshu Li, "Constructing Load-Balanced Data Aggregation Trees in Probabilistic Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 1681-1690, July 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPDS.2013.160
- RuitaoXie and XiaohuaJia, "Transmission-Efficient Clustering Method for Wireless Sensor Networks Using Compressive Sensing," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed systems, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 806-815, March 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPDS.2013.90
- XingfaShen, Zhi Wang, Peng Jiang, "Ruizhong Lin and Youxian Sun, Connectivity and RSSI Besed Localization Scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks," Advance in Intelligent Computing Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3645, pp. 578-587, 2005.
- Xin Guan, Lin Guan and Xingang Wand, "A Novel Energy Efficient Clustering Technique based on Virtual Hexagon for Wireless Sensor Networks," International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 1891-1904, 2011.
- Junchao Ma, Wei Lou, and Xiang-Yang Li, "Contiguous Link Scheduling for Data Aggreagtion in Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE Transactions on Parellel and Distributed systems, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 1691-1701, July 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPDS.2013.296
- Han Zhang, Liang Li, Xin-fang Yan, and Xiang Li, "A Load Balanced Clustering Algorithm With for Data Gathering," 2nd International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Management Science and Electronic Commerce (AIMSEC), pp. 915-918, 2011.
- Fengyuan Ren, Jiao Zhang, Yongwei Wu, Tao He, Canfeng Chen and Chuang Lin, "Attribute - Aware Data Aggregation using Potential-Based Dynamic Routing in Wireless sensor Networks," IEEE Transactions on parallel and Distributed System, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 881-891, May 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPDS.2012.209
- Xiaohua Xu, Xiang-Yang Li and Min Song, "Efficient Aggregation Scheduling in Multihop Wireless Sensor Networks with SINR Constraints," IEEE transactions on mobile computing, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 2518-2528, December 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2012.245
- HuseyinOzgur Tan and Ibrahim Korpeoglu, "Power efficient data gathering and aggregation in wireless sensor networks," ACM SIGMOD, vol. 32, no. 4, December 2003.
- Ying Liao, Huan Qi, and Weiqun Li, "Load Balanced Clustering Algorithm With Distributed Self- Organization for Wireless Sensor Networks," IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 1498-1506, May 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSEN.2012.2227704