- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Compliance and its Compensation Control of HIVC Force Control System
- Ba, Kai-xian (School of mechanical engineering, Yanshan University) ;
- Yu, Bin (School of mechanical engineering, Yanshan University) ;
- Li, Wen-feng (School of mechanical engineering, Yanshan University) ;
- Wang, Dong-kun (School of mechanical engineering, Yanshan University) ;
- Liu, Ya-liang (School of mechanical engineering, Yanshan University) ;
- Ma, Guo-liang (School of mechanical engineering, Yanshan University) ;
- Kong, Xiang-dong (Hebei Provincial Key Laboratory of Heavy Machinery Fluid Power Transmission and Control)
- Received : 2016.08.22
- Accepted : 2017.12.08
- Published : 2018.03.01
In this paper, the dynamic compliance and its compensation control of the force control system on the highly integrated valve-controlled cylinder (HIVC), the joint driver of the hydraulic drive legged robot, is researched. During the robot motion process, the outer loop dynamic compliance control is applied on the base of hydraulic control inner loop and most inner loop control are the force or torque closed loop control. While the dynamic compliance control effectiveness of outer loop can be affected by the inner loop self-dynamic-compliance. Based on this problem, the dynamic compliance series composition theory of HIVC force control system as well as the analysis of its self-dynamic-compliance is proposed. And then the paper comes up with the compliance-enhanced control, which is a compound compensation control method of dynamic compliance with multiple series branches. Finally, the experiment results indicate that the control method mentioned above can enhance the dynamic compliance of HIVC force control system observably. This provides the compensation control method of inner loop dynamic compliance for the outer loop compliance control requiring the high accuracy and high robustness for the robot.
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China
- Gao, J., H. Li, H. Liu, Liu Y, et al, "The modeling and controlling of electrohydraulic actuator for quadruped robot based on fuzzy Proportion Integration Differentiation controller," Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Science, vol. 228, no. 14, pp. 2557-2568, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1177/0954406213519613
- Irawan, A. and K. Nonami, "Optimal impedance control based on body inertia for a hydraulically driven hexapod robot walking on uneven and extremely soft terrain," Journal of Field Robotics, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 690-713, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1002/rob.20404
- Polkovnikov, V. A., "Synthesis of the main parameters of servo actuators of hydraulic control surface drives of aircraft with a pump-controlled speed regulation," Journal of Computer and Systems Sciences International, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 617-627, 2002.
- Sangpet, T; Kuntanapreeda, S., "Force control of an electrohydraulic actuator using a fractional-order controller," Asian Journal of Control, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 764-772, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1002/asjc.600
- Kimura, H., Y. Fukuoka, and A. H. Cohen, "Adaptive dynamic walking of a quadruped robot on natural ground based on biological concepts," International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 475-490, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1177/0278364907078089
- Poulakakis, I., J. A. Smith, and M. Buehler, "Modeling and experiments of untethered quadrupedal running with a bounding gait: the Scout II robot," International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 239-256, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1177/0278364904050917
- Nichol, J. G., S. P. N. Singh, and K. J. Waldron, et al, "System design of a quadrupedal galloping machine," International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 23, no. 10-11, pp. 1013-1027, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1177/0278364904047391
- Playter, R., M. Buehler, and M. R, "Bigdog," Proc. of the Conf. SPIE, San Jose, USA, 2006.
- Claudio, S., "HyQ-Design and Development of a Hydraulically Actuated Quadruped Robot," Dissertation, University of Genoa, 2010.
- Rong, X. W., Y. B. Li, B. Yi, and B. Li, "Design and simulation for a hydraulic actuated quadruped robot," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 1171-1177, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-012-0219-8
- Claudio, S., B. Victor, B. Thiago, and F. Marco, et al, "Towards versatile legged robots through active impedance control," International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 1003-1020 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1177/0278364915578839
- Takahiro E., Matsuno F., and Kawasaki H., "Force control and exponential stabilisation of one-link flexible arm," International Journal of Control, vol. 87, no. 9, pp. 1784-1807, 2014.
- Yao J. Y., Z. X. Jiao, and B. Yao, "Nonlinear adaptive robust backstepping force control of hydraulic load simulator: Theory and experiments," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 1499-1507, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-014-0137-z
- Wang, Z. W., R. Z. Duan, G. T. Sun, and M. S. Chi, "Hydraulic quadruped robot joint force control based on double internal model controller," International Journal of Control and Automation, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 241-250, 2016.
- Cao, Q. l., S. R. Li, D. Y. Zhao, "Adaptive motion/ force control of constrained manipulators using a new fast terminal sliding mode," International Journal of Computer Applications in Technology, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 150-156, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJCAT.2014.060526
- Sariyildiz E., K. Ohnishi, "On the explicit robust force control via disturbance observer," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 1581-1589, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2014.2361611
- Kong X. D., K. X. Ba, B. Yu, and Y. Cao, et al, "Trajectory sensitivity analysis of first order and second order on position control system of highly integrated valve-controlled cylinder," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 4445-4464, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-015-0944-x
- K. X. Ba., B. Yu, Z. J. Gao and W. F. Li, et al. Parameters Sensitivity Analysis of Position-Based Impedance Control for Bionic Legged Robots' HDU, Applied Science, vol. 7, pp. 1035, 2017. https://doi.org/10.3390/app7101035
- Kong X. D., K. X. Ba, B. Yu, et al. "Research on the force control compensation method with variable load stiffness and damping of the hydraulic drive unit force control system," Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering (English Edition), vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 454-464, 2016. https://doi.org/10.3901/CJME.2016.0311.030
- Lin F., R. D. Brandt, G. Saikalis, "Self-tuning of PID controllers by adaptive interaction," Proc. of the American Control Conference," vol. 5, pp. 3676-3681, 2000.
- Hazrin N., I. Elamcazuthi, "Closed-loop Force Control for Haptic Simulation Sensory Mode Interaction," 2009 Conference on Innovative Technologies in Intelligent Systems and Industrial Applications (CITISIA 2009), pp. 96-100, 2009.