- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Compensation On-line of Errors Caused by Rotor Centrifugal Deformation for a Magnetically Suspended Sensitive Gyroscope
- Xin, Chao-Jun (Dept. of Space Science and Technology, Space Engineering University) ;
- Cai, Yuan-Wen (Dept. of Space Science and Technology, Space Engineering University) ;
- Ren, Yuan (Dept. of Space Science and Technology, Space Engineering University) ;
- Fan, Ya-Hong (Institute of Control Engineering)
- Received : 2017.03.31
- Accepted : 2017.10.24
- Published : 2018.03.01
The aim of this paper is to design a centrifugal deformation error compensation method with guaranteed performance that allows angular velocity measurement of the magnetically suspended sensitive gyroscopes (MSSGs). The angular velocity measurement principle and the structure of the MSSG are described, and the analytical model of errors caused by MSSG rotor centrifugal deformation is established. Then, an on-line rotor centrifugal deformation error compensation method based on measurement of rotor spinning speed in real-time has been designed. The common issues caused by centrifugal deformation of spinning rotors can be effectively resolved by the proposed method. Comparative experimental results before and after compensation demonstrate the validity and superiority of the error compensation method.
- Ren Yuan and Fang Jiancheng, "High-precision and Strong-robustness Control for an MSCMG Based on Modal Separation and Rotation Motion Decoupling Strategy," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 61, no. 12, pp. 1539-1551, Dec. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2013.2257147
- Tang Jiqiang, Fang Jiancheng, and Wen Wen, "Superconducting Magnetic Bearings and Active Magnetic Bearings in Attitude Control and Energy Storage Flywheel for Spacecraft," IEEE Trans. Applied Superconductivity, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 178-185, Dec. 2012.
- Zheng Shiqiang and Han Bangcheng, "Investigations of an Integrated Angular Velocity Measurement and Attitude Control System for Spacecraft Using Magnetically Suspended Double-gimbal CMGs," Advances in Space Research, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 2216-2228, Jun. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asr.2013.01.015
- Akiyama Tomohiro, Mizuno Takeshi, Takasaki Masaya, Ishino Yuji and Obara Kyosuke, "Development of a Totally Active Magnetically Suspended Gyro," Mechatronics, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 1059-1070, Jul. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mechatronics.2014.06.004
- Li Hai, Liu Xiaowei, Chen Weiping and Zhang Haifeng, "A Miniaturized Two-dof Rotational Gyro with a Ball-joint Supported Permanent Magnet Rotor," Applied Physics Letters, vol. 109, no. 1, pp. 013503-1-013503-5, Jul. 2016.
- Hu Xinning, Wang Qiuliang, Cui Chunyan, Gao Fei, Wang Hui, Li Yi, Wang Housheng, Cheng Junsheng, Dai Yinming and Yan Luguang, "Torque Compensation System Design for a Spherical Superconduction Rotor," IEEE Trans. Instrumentation. Measurement, vol. 63, no. 12, pp. 2789-2794, Dec. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2014.2318872
- A. V. Egorov, B. E. Landau, S. L. Levin and S. G. Romanenko, "Rotor Motion in a Strapdown Electrostatic Gyro of an Orbiting Spacecraft," Gyroscopy and Navigation, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 144-151, Apr. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1134/S2075108712020034
- Yang Hui, Gao Fei, Li Lankai, Cui Chunyan, Hu Xinning, Wang Hui and Wang Qiuliang, "Analysis of superconducting hollow spherical rotor's deformation," Cryo. & Supercond., vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 51-55, Jan. 2015.
- Li Yi, Pei Yulong, Song Zaixin and Chai Feng, "Effect of Rotor Deformation on Magnetic Radial Force in Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors with V-shaped Rotor Structures," IECON 2016-42nd Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Firenze, Italy Oct. 2016, pp. 1906-1911.
- Katsumi Yamazaki and Yusuke Kato, "Iron Loss Analysis of Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors by Considering Mechanical Stress and Deformation of Stators and Rotors," IEEE trans. magnetic, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 909-912, Feb. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2013.2282187
- Tang Jiqiang and Zhang Yanshun, "High-speed Carbon Fiber Rotor for Superconducting Attitude Control and Energy Storage Flywheel," 2012 3rd International Conference on Digital Manufacturing & Automation, Guilin, China, Jul. 2012, pp. 477-481.
- Zhang Junan, Qiu Changhua, Yan Ming, Wang Yanguo and Mao Yuhui, "Analysis on Hollow Rotor Deformation of Electrostatic Suspended Gyroscope," Optics and Precision Engineering, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 116-120, Jan. 2006.
- Liu Ruige, Song Feng and Liu Ruiying, "Deformation Analysis and Optimization on Hollow Spherical Rotor in Electrostactically Suspended Gyroscope," International Journal of Plant Engineering and Management, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 58-64, Jan. 2012.
- Sun Xinmin, and Tao Lizhi, "Deformation Design of Long-spherical Hollow Rotor of Electrostatic Suspended Gyroscope," Optics and Precision Engineering, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 2206-2211, Sep. 2009.
- Xin Chaojun, Cai Yuanwen, Ren Yuan and Fan Yahong, "Modeling and Analysis of Drift Error from Stator of a MSSG with Double Spherical Envelope Surfaces," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 1475-1485, Oct. 2016. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2016.11.5.1475
- Xin Chaojun, Cai Yuanwen, Ren Yuan, Fan Yahong, Xu Guofeng and Lei Xu, "Analysis, Modeling and Compensation of Dynamic Imbalance Error for a Magnetically Suspended Sensitive Gyroscope," Journal of Magnetics, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 529-536, Oct. 2016.