- Volume 14 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Displacement aging component-based stability analysis for the concrete dam
- Huang, Xiaofei (College of Water Conservancy and Hydropower Engineering, Hohai University) ;
- Zheng, Dongjian (College of Water Conservancy and Hydropower Engineering, Hohai University) ;
- Yang, Meng (College of Water Conservancy and Hydropower Engineering, Hohai University) ;
- Gu, Hao (College of Water Conservancy and Hydropower Engineering, Hohai University) ;
- Su, Huaizhi (College of Water Conservancy and Hydropower Engineering, Hohai University) ;
- Cui, Xinbo (Information Center of Bureau of land and resources in Binzhou City) ;
- Cao, Wenhan (College of Water Conservancy and Hydropower Engineering, Hohai University)
- Received : 2016.05.13
- Accepted : 2017.07.22
- Published : 2018.02.28
The displacement monitoring data series reconstruction method was developed under equal water level effects based on displacement monitoring data of concrete dams. A dam displacement variation equation was set up under the action of temperature and aging factors by optimized analysis techniques and then the dam displacement hydraulic pressure components can be separated. Through the dynamic adjustment of temperature and aging effect factors, the aging component isolation method of dam displacement was developed. Utilizing the isolated dam displacement aging components, the dam stability model was established. Then, the dam stability criterion was put forward based on convergence and divergence of dam displacement aging components and catastrophe theory. The validity of the proposed method was finally verified combined with the case study.
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China
- Akpinar, U., Binici, B. and Arici, Y. (2014), "Earthquake stresses and effective damping in concrete gravity dams", Earthq. Struct., 6(3), 251-266. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2014.6.3.251
- Alves, S.W. and Hall, J.F. (2006), "System identification of a concrete arch dam and calibration of its finite element model", Earthq. Eng. Struct. Dyn., 35(11), 1321-1337. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.575
- Arefian, A., Noorzad, A. and Ghaemian, M. (2016), "Seismic evaluation of cemented material dams -A case study of Tobetsu Dam in Japan", Earthq. Struct., 10(3), 717-733. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2016.10.3.717
- Chelidze, T., Matcharashvili, T., Abashidze, V., Kalabegishvili, M. and Zhukova, N. (2013), "Real time monitoring for analysis of dam stability: Potential of nonlinear elasticity and nonlinear dynamics approaches", Front. Struct. Civ. Eng., 7(2), 188-205. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11709-013-0199-5
- Chen, S.S., Fu, Z.Z., Wei, K.M. and Han, H.Q. (2016), "Seismic responses of high concrete face rockfill dams: A case study", Water Sci. Eng., 9(3), 195-204. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wse.2016.09.002
- Chugh, A.K. (2013), "Stability assessment of a circular earth dam", J. Numer. Anal. Meth. Geomech., 37(17), 2833-2859. https://doi.org/10.1002/nag.2163
- Francois, N. and Felix, D. (2015), "Describing failure in geomaterials using second-order work approach", Water Sci. Eng., 8(2), 89-95. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wse.2015.05.001
- Gu, C., Li, Z. and Xu, B. (2011), "Abnormality diagnosis of cracks in the concrete dam based on dynamical structure mutation", Sci. Chin. Technol. Sci., 54(7), 1930-1939. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11431-011-4331-2
- Hong, E.S., Song, K. and Yoon, Y.W. (2014), "Characteristics of failure surfaces induced by embankments on soft ground", Geomech. Eng., 6(1), 17-31. https://doi.org/10.12989/gae.2014.6.1.017
- Ji, J. and Liao, H.J., (2014), "Sensitivity-based reliability analysis of earth slopes using finite element method", Geomech. Eng., 6(6), 545-560. https://doi.org/10.12989/gae.2014.6.6.545
- Khazaee, A. and Lotfi, V. (2014), "Time harmonic analysis of dam-foundation systems by perfectly matched layers", Struct. Eng. Mech., 50(3), 349-364. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2014.50.3.349
- Li, Z.C., Gu, C.S. and Wu, Z.R. (2013), "Nonparametric change point diagnosis method of concrete dam crack behavior abnormality", Math. Prob. Eng., 1-13.
- Lihua, Z. and Suzhen, C. (2014), "Stability analysis of gravity dam on soil foundation", Appl. Mech. Mater., 501-504, 79-82. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.501-504.79
- Li, S., Yu, S., Shangguan, Z. and Wang, Z. (2016), "Estimating model parameters of rockfill materials based on genetic algorithm and strain measurements", Geomech. Eng., 10(1), 37-48. https://doi.org/10.12989/gae.2016.10.1.037
- Lin, P., Liu, X.L., Chen, H.X. and Kim, J.X. (2014a), "Ant colony optimization analysis on overall stability of high arch dam basis of field monitoring", Sci. World J., 1-14.
- Lin, P., Ma, T.H., Liang, Z.Z., Tang, C.A. and Wang, R.K. (2014b), "Failure and overall stability analysis on high arch dam based on DFPA code", Eng. Fail. Anal., 45, 164-184. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2014.06.020
- Ling, Y.Q. and Gao, R. (2013), Stability Analysis of Arch Dam Abutment, in Advanced Materials Research, Trans Tech. Publications, 3-6.
- Liu, Y.R. Guan, F.H., Yang, R.Q. and Zhou, W.Y. (2013), "Geomechanical model test for stability analysis of high arch dam based on small blocks masonry technique", J. Rock Mech. Min. Sci., 61, 231-243.
- Lotfi, V. and Samii, A. (2012), "Dynamic analysis of concrete gravity dam-reservoir systems by wavenumber approach in the frequency domain", Earthq. Struct., 3(3-4), 533-548. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2012.3.3_4.533
- Papaleontiou, C.G. and Tassoulas, J.L. (2012), "Evaluation of dam strength by finite element analysis", Earthq. Struct., 3(3-4), 457-471. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2012.3.3_4.457
- Pehlivan, H. and Bayata, H.F., (2016), "Usability of inclinometers as a complementary measurement tool in structural monitoring", Struct. Eng. Mech., 58(6), 1077-1085. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2016.58.6.1077
- Roes, P.B. (1972), "The finite dam with discrete additive input", J. Eng. Math., 6(1), 37-45. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01535237
- Sevim, B., Altunisik, Ahmet C. and Bayraktar, A. (2012), "Experimental evaluation of crack effects on the dynamic characteristics of a prototype arch dam using ambient vibration tests", Comput. Concrete, 10(3), 277-294. https://doi.org/10.12989/cac.2012.10.3.277
- Shahrbanouzadeh, M., Barani, G.A. and Shojaee, S., (2015), "Analysis of flow through dam foundation by FEM and ANN models case study: Shahid Abbaspour Dam", Geomech. Eng., 9(4), 465-481. https://doi.org/10.12989/gae.2015.9.4.465
- Su, H.Z., Hu, J., Li, J.Y. and Wu, Z.R. (2013), "Deep stability evaluation of high-gravity dam under combining action of powerhouse and dam", J. Geomech., 13(3), 257-272. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)GM.1943-5622.0000206
- Terzi, N.U. and Selcuk, M.E. (2015), "Nonlinear dynamic behavior of Pamukcay Earthfill Dam", Geomech. Eng., 9(1), 83-100. https://doi.org/10.12989/gae.2015.9.1.083
- Xue, X. and Yang, X. (2014), "Earthquake safety assessment of an arch dam using an anisotropic damage model for mass concrete", Comput. Concrete, 13(5), 633-648. https://doi.org/10.12989/cac.2014.13.5.633
- Yang, M. and Liu, S. (2015a), "Field tests and finite element modeling of a prestressed concrete pipe pile-composite foundation", KSCE J. Civ. Eng., 7(19), 2067-2074.
- Yang, M., Su, H.Z. and Yan, X.Q. (2015b), "Computation and analysis of high rocky slope safety in a water conservancy project", Discrete Dyn. Nat. Soc., 1-11.
- Yang, M., Su, H.Z. and Wen, Z.P. (2017), "An approach of evaluation and mechanism study on the high and steep rock slope in water conservancy project", Comput. Concrete, 19(5), 527-535. https://doi.org/10.12989/cac.2017.19.5.527
- Yang, X.L. and Pan, Q.J. (2015), "Three dimensional seismic and static stability of rock slopes", Geomech. Eng., 8(1), 97-111. https://doi.org/10.12989/gae.2015.8.1.097
- Wang, S.W., Gu, C.S. and Bao, T.F. (2013), "Safety monitoring index of high concrete gravity dam based on failure mechanism of instability", Math. Prob. Eng., 1-14.
- Wu, Z.R. and Gu, C.S. (2000), Dam Prototype Inverse Analysis and Applications, Jiangsu Science and Technology Press, Nanjing, Jiang Su, China.
- Zhang, D.L., Jang, Y. and Chen, J. (2010), "Failure experimental study on stability of high arch dam on complex foundation", J. Sichuan Univ., 42, 25-30.
- Zhang, C., Zhu, H.H., Shi, B., She, J. and Zhang, D. (2016), "Performance evaluation of soil-embedded plastic optical fiber sensors for geotechnical monitoring", Smart Struct. Syst., 17(2), 297-311. https://doi.org/10.12989/sss.2016.17.2.297
- Zhu, B.F. (2009), Principles and Applications of Finite Element Method, China Water & Power Press, Beijing, China.
- Zhu, H.H., Yin, J.H. and Dong, J.H. (2010), "Physical modelling of sliding failure of concrete gravity dam under overloading condition", Geomech. Eng., 2(2), 89-106. https://doi.org/10.12989/gae.2010.2.2.089
- Zhu, H.H., Shi, B., Zhang, J., Yan, J. and Zhang, C. (2014), "Distributed fiber optic monitoring and stability analysis of a model slope under surcharge loading", J. Mountain Sci., 11(4), 979-989. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11629-013-2816-0