- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Algorithm Deciding Offshore Cable Layout Valid for Integrated Power Supply Between Adjacent Islands
근거리 도서간 통합전력공급에 유효한 해저케이블 포설 방안 결정 알고리즘
- Kim, Mi-Young (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Howon University) ;
- Rho, Dae-Seok (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Korea University of Technology & Education) ;
- Moon, Guk-Hyun (Economy & Management Research Institute, KEPCO) ;
- Seo, In-Yong (Economy & Management Research Institute, KEPCO)
- Received : 2018.01.04
- Accepted : 2018.02.02
- Published : 2018.02.28
Islands are supplied with power from diesel generation or from photovoltaic power generation, and problems with offshore environmental impacts (age deterioration, salt pollution), environmental pollution (exhaust gas, noise, dust) and power generation costs (installation, maintenance) have increasingly emerged. In 2016, the cost recovery rate was only 27%, and deficits reached 73% on 65 islands managed by KEPCO. In terms of deficits, the costs incurred in the power generation sector accounted for 91%, with the ratio of fixed costs at about 60%. Analysis suggests that operating costs can be reduced with an optimal power supply system that improves power generation efficiency and makes operating systems more efficient. Therefore, it is possible to simplify fuel transportation and facility maintenance, because one island integrates the power plants of remote islands, and offshore cable is used to supply power to the other islands. From the economic evaluations in this paper, an algorithm deciding offshore cable layout validity for an integrated power supply between adjacent islands is presented. Simulation results based on the proposed algorithm confirmed that an integrated power supply is economical for existing stand-alone operations on islands having diesel generation, low peak power, and near distances.
Grant : 도서간 해저케이블을 통한 통합운영 경제성 분석 연구
Supported by : 한국전력공사
- Electric Power Public Tasks Evaluation & Planning Center, 2017 action plan, http://www.etep.or.kr/home/busi_info/budget/pBudgetView.jsp.
- 2016 the full cost account for power plant of KEPCO managed islands, http://home.kepco.co.kr/kepco/IF/ntcob/list.do?pageIndex=1&boardSeq=0&boardCd=BRD_000290&menuCd=FN250201&parnScrpSeq=0&gbn=&categoryCdGroup=&sparFiled1ContentGroup=21015752& searchCondition=title&searchKeyword=.
- Korea Polytechnic University, "A Study on Optimal Implementation of Power Supply in Islands", 2011.
- KEPCO Management Research Institute, "A Study on Economic Electric Power Supply Method for Remote Islands", KIEE summer conference, 2010.
- Korea Electric Power Corporation, "A Study on Standards of Renewable Energy for Remote Island", 2012.
- Minho Baek and Suduk Kim, "A Pre-feasibility Study on the Promotion of Hybrid Power System in Ulleung Island", Korean Soc. Miner. Energy Resour. Eng, vol. 53, no. 1, 2016.
- IEA World Energy Outlook 2015.
- National Assembly Budget Office, "2014-2060 Long-term Fiscal Projection"