- Volume 22 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Prediction Equation of Spectral Acceleration Responses in Low-to-Moderate Seismic Regions using Domestic and Overseas Earthquake Records
국내·외 계기지진 정보를 활용한 중·약진 지역의 스펙트럴 가속도 응답 예측식
- Shin, Dong Hyeon (Department of Architectural Enginnering, University of Seoul) ;
- Kim, Hyung Joon (Department of Architectural Enginnering, University of Seoul)
- Received : 2017.10.17
- Accepted : 2018.02.08
- Published : 2018.03.01
This study develops an empirical prediction equation of spectral acceleration responses of earthquakes which can induce structural damages. Ground motion records representing hazards of low-to-moderate seismic regions were selected and organized with several influential factors affecting the response spectra. The empirical equation and estimator coefficients for acceleration response spectra were then proposed using a robust nonlinear optimization coupled with a regression analysis. For analytical verification of the prediction equation, response spectra used for low-to-moderate seismic regions were estimated and the predicted results were comparatively evaluated with measured response spectra. As a result, the predicted shapes of response spectra can simulate the graphical shapes of measured data with high accuracy and most of predicted results are distributed inside range of correlation of variation (COV) of 30% from perfectly correlated lines.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Atkinson GM, Silva W. Stochastic modeling of california ground motions. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America. 2000;90: 255-274. https://doi.org/10.1785/0119990064
- Boore DM, Atkinson GM. Ground-motion prediction equations for the average horizontal component of PGA, PGV and 5%-damped PSA at spectral periods between 0.001 s and 10.0 s. Earthquake Spectrum. 2008;24:99-138. https://doi.org/10.1193/1.2830434
- Campbell KW. Prediction of strong ground motion using the hybrid empirical method and its use in the development of ground-motion (attenuation) relations in Eastern North America. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America. 2003;93:1012-1033. https://doi.org/10.1785/0120020002
- Kanno T, Narita A, Morikawa N, Fujikawa H, Fukushima Y. A new attenuation relation for strong ground motion in Japan based on recorded data. Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am. 2006;96:879-897. https://doi.org/10.1785/0120050138
- Kuehn NM, Scherbaum F. A partially non-ergodic ground motion prediction equation for europe and the middle east. Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering. 2016;14(10):2629-2642. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10518-016-9911-x
- Beinoff H. the physical evaluation of seismic destructiveness. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America. 1934;24:88-97.
- Douglas J. Ground-motion prediction equations 1964-2010. BRGM/RP- 59356-FR. Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center; c2011.
- Akkar S, Cagnon Z. A local ground-motion predictive model for Turkey and its comprison with other regional and global groundmotion models. Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am. 2010;100(6):2978-2995. https://doi.org/10.1785/0120090367
- Bindi D, Pacor F, Luzi L, Puglia R, Massa M, Ameri G, Paolucci R. Ground motion prediction equations derived from the Italian strong motion database. Bull. Earth. Eng. 2011;9(6):1899-1920. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10518-011-9313-z
- Danciu L, Tselentis G-A. Engineering ground-motion parameters attenuation relationships for greece. Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am. 2007; 97(1B):162-183. https://doi.org/10.1785/0120050087
- Benjamin I, Fabian R, Sergio R, Cesar P. Ground motion prediction equations for the Chilean subduction zone. Bull. Earth. Eng. 2017; 15:1853-1880. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10518-016-0050-1
- Noh MH, Lee KH. Estimation of peak ground motions in the southeastern part of the Korean Peninsula (II): Development of predictive equations. Journal of Geological Society of Korea. 1995;31: 175-187.
- Lee JM. A study on the characteristics of strong ground motions in southern Korea, KINS/HR-422. Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety, Deajeon; c2002.
- Jo ND, Baag CE. Estimation of spectrum decay parameter and stochastic prediction of strong ground motions in southern Korea. EESK J. Earthquake Eng. 2003;7:59-70.
- Hahm DG, Seo JM, Choi IK, Rhee HM. Uniform hazard spectrum evaluation method for nuclear power plants on soul sites based on the hazard spectra of bedrock site. EESK J. Earthquake Eng. 2012; 16:35-42.
- Yun KH, Park DH, Choi WH, Chang CJ, Lee DS. Development of site-specific ground-motion attenuation relations for Nuclear Power Plant sites and study on their characteristics. EESK J. Earthquake Eng fall workshop. 2005;418-430.
- Shin DH, Hong SJ, Kim HJ. Prediction of spectral acceleration response based on the statistical analyses of earthquake records in Korea. EESK J. Earthquake Eng. 2016;20(1):45-54.
- Graizer V, Kalkan E. Ground motion attenuation model for peak horizontal acceleration from shallow crustal earthquake. Earthquake Spectra. 2007;23:585-613. https://doi.org/10.1193/1.2755949
- Graizer V, Kalkan E. Prediction of spectral acceleration response ordinates based on PGA attenuation. Earthquake Spectra. 2009;25 (1):39-69. https://doi.org/10.1193/1.3043904
- Nakamura Y. Real-Time Information Systems for Hazard Mitigation. 11th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Acapulco, Mexico. 1996 June 23-28; 2134.
- Kim JK, Kim JH, Lee JH, Heo TM. Development of Korean standard horizontal design spectrum based on the domestic and overseas intraplate earthquake records. EESK J. Earthquake Eng. 2016;20(6): 369-378.
- Shin DH, Hong SJ, Kim HJ. Investigation on effective peak ground acceleration based on the Gyengju earthquake records. EESK J. Earthquake Eng. 2016;20(7):425-434.
- Goulet CA, Kishida T, Ancheta TD, Cramer CH, Darragh RB, Silva WJ, Hashash YMA, Harmon J, Stewart JP, Wooddell, KE, Young RP. PEER NGA-East Database. PEER Report No. 2014/17. Headquaters at the University of California. Berkeley. USA; c2014.
- Dreiling J, Isken MP, Mooney WD, Chapman MC, Godbee RW. NGA-East regionalization report: Comparison of Four Crustal Regions within Central and Eastern North America using Waveform Modeling and 5%-damped Pseudo-spectral Acceleration Response. PEER Report No. 2014/15/ Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center. University of California. Berkeley. USA. c2014.
- Kramer SL. Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering. Prentice-Hall, Inc; c1996.
- Matsuoka M, Midorikawa S. Empirical estimation of average shearwave velocity of ground using the digital national land information. J. Structural and Construction. 1993;443:65-71.
- Sun CG, Cho CS, Son MK, Shin JS. Correlation between shear wave velocity and in-site penetration test results for Korean soil deposits. Pure and Applied Geophysics. 2013;170:271-281. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00024-012-0516-2
- PEER. Tall Buildings Initiative Guidelines for Performance-Based Seismic Design of Tall Buildings. Pacific Earthquake Engineering Center Report No. 2017/06. Headquarters at the University of California, Berkeley. USA; c2017.