- Volume 21 Issue 6
Workflow-based Environment and its Use Scenario for the Education of Connective Engineering Simulation
연계적 공학해석 교육을 위한 워크플로우 기반 시뮬레이션 환경 개발 및 활용 고찰
- Shin, Jung-Hun (Center for Computational Science Platform, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information) ;
- Kim, Han-Gi (Center for Computational Science Platform, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information) ;
- Chae, Hui-Seung (Center for Computational Science Platform, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information) ;
- Jeon, In-Ho (Center for Computational Science Platform, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information) ;
- Lee, Jongsuk Ruth (Center for Computational Science Platform, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information)
- 신정훈 (한국과학기술정보연구원 계산과학플랫폼센터) ;
- 김한기 (한국과학기술정보연구원 계산과학플랫폼센터) ;
- 채희승 (한국과학기술정보연구원 계산과학플랫폼센터) ;
- 전인호 (한국과학기술정보연구원 계산과학플랫폼센터) ;
- 이종숙 (한국과학기술정보연구원 계산과학플랫폼센터)
- Received : 2018.08.03
- Accepted : 2018.11.21
- Published : 2018.11.30
The importance of software in the engineering field is increasing day by day, so the utilization and understanding of the simulation software in the engineering design stage has become the core competence of the engineer. This study presents a new software education method for multiple systems in the field of mechanical engineering using a workflow execution environment as a sub-module of a computational platform (called EDISON platform) that can incorporate in-house software tools developed by many simulation tool developers. It can execute not only individual software tools such as fluid flow, structure, optimal design, but also conduct connective executions of multiple software tools. Based on this simulation environment, a methodology was proposed that can be applied to convergence types of engineering educations. By properly using this methodology, it is expected that beginning engineers could encourage their specialties understanding the big pictures of the analysis processes.
EDISON platform;Engineering education;Computer Simulation;Software;Workflow
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 이용훈.조형희.신인식.명현(2018). 4차산업혁명을 위한 공학교육: 기계학습 및 사이버물리시스템 교육 방안, 2017 인재양성위원회 보고서, 한국공학한림원.
- 강소연 등(2018). 융합교육에서 찾는 공학교육의 미래, 2017 인재양성위원회 보고서, 한국공학한림원.
- 이상준.홍광표.표한형(2016). SW 산업 수요에 대응하는 직업훈련 개편방안, 한국직업능력개발원.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_workflow_system, 2018.06.
- Abbott, B. P. et al,(2017). Search for gravitational waves from Scorpius X-1 in the first Advanced LIGO observing run with a hidden Markov model. Physical Review D, 95 (12), 1-20.
- Brinckman, A. Deelman & E., Gupta & S., Nabrzyski & J., Park & S. W. & Rafael F. S. & Taylor, I. J. & & Vahi, K. (2018). Collaborative Circuit Designs using the CRAFT Repository. Future Generation Computer Systems, in Press.
- Nguyen, H. A. & Iperen, Z. & Raghunath, S. & Abramson, D. & Kipouros, T. & Somasekharan, S. (2017). Multi-Objective Optimisation in Scientific Workflow. Procedia Computer Science, 108, 1443-1452. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2017.05.213
- Boulakia, S. et al.(2018). Scientific workflows for computational reproducibility in the life sciences: Status, challenges and opportunities. Future Generation Computer Systems. 75, 284-298.
- Afgan, E. et al.(2018). The Galaxy platform for accessible, reproducible and collaborative biomedical analyses: 2018 update. Nucleic Acids Research, doi: 10.1093/nar/gky379. https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gky379
- Crawl, D. & Singh, A. & Altintas, I.(2016) Kepler WebView: A Lightweight, Portable Framework for Constructing Real-time Web Interfaces of Scientific Workflows, Procedia Computer Science, 80, 673-679. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2016.05.361
- 김서영.강혜정.김윤희.김종암(2013). 다중 인프라 기반의 공력 설계 교육을 위한 과학 워크플로우 통합 환경. 멀티미디어학회논문지, 16(2): 234-240.
- Kim, H. & Yoo, J. R. & Jin, D. S. & Lee, J. R.(2014). A Design and Implementation of a Lightweight Scientific Workflow System for Higher Education and Advanced Research of Computational Science and Engineering. Information, 17(11):5927-5932.
- Jeon, I. H. & Kwon, Y. & Ma, J. & Lee, S. & Cho, K. W. & Seo, J. H.(2017). Construction and Service of a Web-based Simulation software management system for the Computational Science and Engineering. Journal of Internet Computing and Services, 18(4):99-108.
- Blunt, M. J.(2017) The Imperial College Lectures in Petroleum Engineering: Volume 2: Reservoir Engineering, World Scientific Publishing Company, 133-147.
- CFD with OpenSource Software, http://www.tfd.chalmers.se/-hani/kurser/OS_CFD/, 2018.10.
- Jeon, I. H. et al.(2016). Development and Application of Smart-Learning Technology in Science and Engineering Fields. KIPS Review, 23 (1), 16-22.
- Plate/shell analysis, https://www.edison.re.kr/web/csd/scienceappstore, 2017.02.
- L bracket PSO WF, https://www.edison.re.kr/web/csd/scienceappstore, 2017.02.
- eair_WF, https://www.edison.re.kr/web/cfd/scienceappstore, 2017.04.
- Global_Design_WF, https://www.edison.re.kr/web/cfd/scienceappstore, 2016.06.
- 2-Dimensional percolation model, https://www.edison.re.kr/web/nano/scienceappstore, 2018.03.
- 3D_Electrophysiology_HumanHF, https://www.edison.re.kr/web/cmed/scienceappstore, 2017.08.
- 3D_Mechanical, https://www.edison.re.kr/web/cmed/scienceappstore, 2017.07.