- Volume 21 Issue 6
Product Development Class using Product Data Management Software and 3D Printing
PDM 소프트웨어와 3D 프린팅을 활용한 제품개발 수업 운영 사례
- Do, Namchul (Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Gyeongsang National University, ERI)
- 도남철 (경상대학교 산업시스템공학부)
- Received : 2018.08.10
- Accepted : 2018.11.29
- Published : 2018.11.30
This paper proposes a framework of engineering education for product development processes based on product data management (PDM) software and 3D printing. The PDM software supports the product development process-oriented educational coursework, collaborative team projects and project-based learning environment. The 3D printing supports the prototyping step in the product development process and helps participants consider physical realization of their designs during the product design and development phases. The framework was implemented in an introductory course for engineering students to product design and development, and author found that it is important to support rich communication among participants including lecturers, teaching assistants and students to enhance the quality of education and to overcome the burden of learning various computer-aided tools and 3D printing techniques needed for the framework.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 김세현(2005). 산업계에서 바라는CAD 교육의 개선 방향. 한국CAD/CAM 학회지, 11(3), 53-57.
- 도남철(2004). 웹 기반 제품정보관리 교육 서비스. 한국CAD/CAM학회 논문집, 9(3), 10-18.
- 도남철(2013). PLM 입문을 위한 교육과정 개발. 한국CAD/CAM학회 논문집, 18(1), 28-35.
- 도남철(2015). 소셜미디어와 PDM 시스템을 활용한 협업적 제품자료관리 교육. 한국CADCAM학회 논문집, 20(3), 1-9.
- 도남철(2016). 3D 프린팅 서비스 기반 개인제조를 지원하는 확장 제품자료관리 시스템. 한국CADCAM학회 논문집, 21(3), 215-223.
- 도남철(2018a), BOM 이해와 실습, 퍼플.
- 도남철(2018b). PLM 이해와 응용 - 개정3판, 퍼플.
- CIMdata(1997). PDM: The Definition, CIMdata Report.
- Dankwort, C. W. et al.(2004). Engineegers' CAx education-it's not only CAD, Computer-Aided Design. 36 (14), 1439-1450. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2004.02.011
- Gerhard, D. & Granger, M.(2009). Integrative Engineering Design using Product Data Management Systems in Education. International Conference on Engineering and Product Design Education, September 2009.
- Google(2018a). Available at https://sites.google.com. Google Sites.
- Google(2018b). Available at https://groups.google.com. Google Groups.
- Kakehi, M. et al.(2009). PLM education in production design and engineering by e-Learning. Int. J. Production Economics, 122 (1), 479-484. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2009.06.028
- Lipson, H. & Kurman M.(2010). Factory @ Home: The Emerging Economy of Personal Fabrication. Occasional Papers in Science and Technology Policy.
- Naver(2018). Available at https://section.cafe.naver.com. Naver Cafe.
- Ostad-Aahmad-Ghorabi, H. et al.(2012). Implementing Pdm Systems In Design Education To Enhance Design Collaboration. Int. Conf. On Engineering And Product Design Education, 6 & 7 September 2012, Artesis University College, Antwerp, Belgium.
- Probst, A. & Gerhard, D.(2014). PDM supported Engineering Design Education. 2014 International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 3-6 Dec. 2014.
- Probst, A. et al.(2017). Enhancements in Engineering Design Education at Austrian HTL. 21st International Conference on Engineering Design, 21-25 August 2017, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
- Sanin, P. & Mejia-Gutierrez, R.(2011). Use of an Open-Source PLM solution to improve teamwork performance in product design courses. 2011 International conference on Innovative Methods in Product Design June 15-17, 2011, Venice, Italy.
- Tinkercad(2018). Available at https://www.tinkercad.com. Tinkercad.
- Ultimaker(2018). Available at https://ultimaker.com/en/products/ultimaker-cura-software. Ultimaker Cura Software.