- Volume 21 Issue 6
Living Labs as a Model for University Innovation
대학의 혁신모델로서 리빙랩: 현황과 과제
- Seong, Ji-eun (Science and Technology Policy Institute) ;
- Kim, Min-su (Department of LINC+, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2018.10.03
- Accepted : 2018.11.30
- Published : 2018.11.30
Recently, universities have applied a living lab as a user-led innovation model. This study analyzed two cases, British Columbia University, and D University. They are trying to change current provider-centered and expert-centered education model which encounters the limitations. To deriving the characteristics of university living lab, we analyzed the background, goals, methods, and implications of each case. The University of British Columbia operated a living lab centered on university buit-in environment. Students and faculty members participated in the living lab as proconsumers. D University operated a living lab as part of industry - academia cooperation and regional cooperation. The local community was set up as a living lab and knowledge providers, students, and users, local citizens, solved the problem jointly. Although the methods of living labs are different from each other, they are introducing new research and education methods and utilizing participatory governance.
Living Lab;University Living Lab;University Innovation Model;University of British Columbia
- 동국대학교(2017a), 동국대학교 Campus Living Lab 추진현황, 제5차 한국리빙랩네트워크 포럼 발표자료.
- 동국대학교(2017b), 동국대학교 Living Lab 간략소개, 동국대학교 산학협력단.
- 성지은(2009), 녹색성장 추진전략과 정책통합, 과학기술정책, 19(1).
- 성지은.박인용(2016), 시스템 전환 실험의 장으로서 리빙랩: 사례분석과 시사점, 기술혁신학회지, 19(1).
- 성지은.송위진.박인용(2013), 리빙랩의 운영 체계와 사례, STEPI Insight, 127, 1-46.
- 성지은.송위진.박인용(2014), 과학기술과 농촌의 새로운 만남, STEPI Insight, 140, 1-33.
- 성지은.송위진.박인용(2014), 사용자 주도형 혁신모델로서 리빙랩 사례 분석과 적용 가능성 탐색, 기술혁신학회지, 17(2), 309-333.
- 성지은.송위진.정병걸.최창범.윤찬영.정서화.한규영(2017), 국내 리빙랩 현황 분석과 발전방안 연구, 과학기술정책연구원.
- 성지은.한규영.박인용(2016), 국내 리빙랩의 현황과 과제, STEPI Insight, 184, 1-44.
- 성지은.한규영.정서화(2016), 지역문제 해결을 위한 국내 리빙랩 사례 분석, 과학기술학연구, 16(2), 65-98.
- 송위진 엮음(2017), 사회기술시스템 전환: 이론과 실천, 한울아카데미.
- 송위진(2012), Living Lab: 사용자 주도의 개방형 혁신모델, STEPI Issues & Policy, 59, 1-14.
- 송위진(2016), 혁신연구와 사회혁신론, 동향과 전망, 제98호.
- Alberto Cayuela(2014), UBC: A Living Laboratory for Sustainability, COST ACTION FP1303 - First Conference, Kranjska Gora, Slovenia, October 23-24, 2014.
- Cohen, T. & Lovell, B.(2013), The campus as a living laboratory: Using the built environment to revitalize college education: A guide for community colleges, American Association of Community Colleges Washington USA.
- Cooper, L. & Gorman, D.(2018), A Holistic Approach to Embedding Social Responsibility and Sustainability in a University-Fostering Collaboration Between Researchers, Students and Operations, In Handbook of Sustainability Science and Research. Springer, Cham.
- Global University Leaders Forum(2010), Implementation Guidelines to the ISCN-GULF Sustainable Campus Charter Suggested reporting contents and format, pp.1-19. Available at:http://bildungskoalition.ch/media/medialibrary/2012/02/ISCN-GULF_Charter_Guidelines_.
- International Alliance of Research Universities(2014), Green Guide for Universities, IARU Pathways towards sustainability.
- John Metras(2016), UBC Campus as a Living Lab Program, University of British Columbia.
- Keith, Michael and Nicola Headlam(2017), Comparative International Urban and Living Labs, Urban Transformations. https://www.compas.ox.ac.uk/2017/comparative-international-urban-and-living-labs/.
- Kranjska Gora(2014), UBC: A Living Laboratory for Sustainability, Cost action FP1303-First Conference.
- Mulgan G. Townsley, O., Price, A. (2016), The Challenge-driven University: How Real Life Problems can fuel Learning, NESTA.
- OECD(2015) System Innovation: Synthesis Report, OECD.
- Soetanto, D. P. & van Geenhuizen, M.(2011), Social networks, university spin-off growth and promises of 'living labs', Regional Science Policy & Practice, 3 (3), 305-321. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1757-7802.2011.01044.x
- TEPSIE(2012) An Introduction to Innovation Studies for Social Innovation, TEPSIE.
- TEPSIE(2014) Social Innovation Theory and Research: A Guide to Researchers, TEPSIE
- UNEP(2013), Greening universities toolkit. Transforming universities into green and sustainable campuse, pp.1-54. Available at: http://www.unep.org/roe/Portals/139/documents/GE/Greening_university_toolkit.pdf.