- Volume 24 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Review of Vessel Traffic and Fishing Activity Standards for Offshore Wind Farm in Domestic Areas Based on the Analysis of Foreign Cases
국외 사례 분석을 통한 국내 해상풍력 발전단지의 선박통항 및 어로활동기준 설정에 관한 고찰
- Kwon, Yu-Min (Graduate School, Mokpo National Maritime University) ;
- Lee, Chang-Hyun (Mokpo National Maritime University) ;
- Rim, Geung-Su (Mokpo National Maritime University)
- Received : 2018.01.16
- Accepted : 2018.02.26
- Published : 2018.02.28
According to the Global Wind Report of the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) in 2017, global wind power electricity generation capacity has been dramatically developing from 23,900 MW in 2001 to 486,790 MW in 2016. However, wind power generation in South Korea accounts for only 0.2 % of total power generation. Nonetheless, electricity production by wind power generation is soon expected to reach the grid parity where the cost of generating electricity by wind power is equal to the cost of fossil fuels such as oil. In this study, we analyzed the criteria of vessel traffic and fishing activities of major offshore wind farms in Europe where 88 % of the offshore wind power facilities are located. Finally, we suggest critical considerations based on the analysis.
Grant : 서남해 해상풍력 발전단지 해상교통 안전진단 및 통항기준 재설정
Supported by : 한국해상풍력(주)
- Andrew Rawson, Edward Rogers(2015), Assessing the impacts to vessel traffic from offshore wind farms in the Thames Estuary, Scientific Journals of the Maritime University of Szczecin, Vol. 43(115), pp. 99-107.
- BNEF(2017), New Energy Outlook 2017, Bloomberg New Energy Finance's, pp. 1-5.
- Choi, Y. D, S. W. Son, H. C. Jang and N. J. Choi(2012), Design and Structure Analysis of a Tower Service Lift for Offshore Wind Power System, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, Vol. 36, pp. 140-147.
- GWEC(2017), Global Wind Report: Annual Market Update 2016, Global Wind Energy Council, pp. 1-73.
- Jang H. S, H. S. Kim, H. J. Eum and M. E. Kim(2012), Behavior Analysis by Verticality Error of Monopile Foundation for 5MW Offshore Wind Turbine, Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 32, pp. 61-68.
- Kim, H. K, J. P. Hong, S. W. Park, K. S. Lee and K. Y. Hong(2016), An Experimental Study on Dynamic Performance of Large Floating Wave-Offshore Hybrid Power Generation Platform in Extreme Conditions, Journal of the Korean Society for Marine Environment and Energy, Vol 19, pp. 7-17. https://doi.org/10.7846/JKOSMEE.2016.19.1.7
- Kim, T. W, C. K. Kim, J. K. Maeng and S. J. Jang(2015), A Study on Strategic Environmental Assessment Guideline for Site Selection of Offshore Wind Farm Project, Korea Environment Institute, p. 1.
- Lee, J. H, S. Y. Kim, M. H. Kim, S. C. Shin and Y. S. Lee(2014), Design Optimization and Reliability Analysis of Jacket Support Structure for 5-MW Offshore Wind Turbine, Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol. 28, pp. 218-226. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2014.28.3.218
- MCA(2008), Offshore Renewable Energy Installations Guidance on UK Navigational Practice, Safety and Emergency Response Issue, Maritime and Coastguard Agency, 2008.
- Nautical Institute and World Ocean Council(2013), The Shipping Industry and Marine Spatial Planning: A Professional approach. http://www.nautinst.org/en/forums/msp [Accessed 8 April 2015].
- Ryu, K. W. and T. R. Kim(2016), Impacts of Noise and Electromagnetic Interference Generated from Offshore Wind Farm, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 26, pp. 350-355.
- Sailing Directions(2017), Dover Strait Pilot, The United Kingdom Hydrographic Office, 2017.
- Sin, C. O. and K. H. Yuk(2011), Environmental and Economic Impacts of Offshore Wind Power, Korea Maritime Institute, 2011.12, pp. 1-84.
- Sun, M. Y, S. B. Lee, K. Y. Lee and B. Y. Moon(2014), The study on substructure design and analysis for 5MW offshore wind turbine, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, Vol. 38, pp. 1075-1080. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2014.38.9.1075
- Yang, H. S.(2014), Selection of Light Character for Marking With Lights on Offshore Wind Farms, Journal of Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 38. pp. 105-110. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2014.38.2.105
- Yoo, S. L. and J. Y. Jeong(2017), A Study on Traffic Safety Assessments for Fishing Vessels Near the Southwest Sea Offshore Wind Farm, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 23, pp. 231-241. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2017.23.3.231
- Yoon, G. L, S. B. Kim, O. S. Kwon and M. S. Yoo(2014), Partial Safety Factor of Offshore Wind Turbine Pile Foundation in West-South Mainland Sea, Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 34, pp. 1489-1504.