- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Intention to Participate in Collaborative Consumption as Providers and Users
제공자 및 사용자로서의 협력적 소비 참여의도에 관한 연구
- Received : 2017.10.24
- Accepted : 2017.12.09
- Published : 2018.03.28
Collaborative consumption was suggested as a new paradigm of consumption and business model that focuses on sharing and using resources to reduce the risks of resource depletion and environmental impact. Individual consumers carry out a role not only as users but also as providers for collaborative consumption. In the present study, the authors investigated consumers' intention to participate in collaborative consumption both as providers and users. The effects of perceived benefit of collaborative consumption, subjective norms and ease of participation on the intention to participate in collaborative consumption were analyzed. The perceptions on benefits and subjective norms were relatively high, while the perception on ease of participation was relatively low. The effects of subjective norms and ease of participation on the intention to participate in collaborative consumption were significant. The result shows that support from one's reference group and the perception on ease of participation have significant positive effects on the intent to participate in collaborative consumption. Therefore, communication strategies for developing a positive consumer attitude and a social consensus about the necessity of collaborative consumption are needed.
Collaborative Consumption;Sharing Economy;Perceived Benefit;Subjective Norm
- L. Lessig, Remix: Making Art and Commerce Thrive in the Hybrid Economy, New York: Penguin Press, 2008.
- R. Botsman and R. Rogers, What's Mine is Yours: The Rise of Collaborative Consumption, London: HarperCollins, 2010.
- M. Felson and J. L. Spaeth, "Community Structure and Collaborative Consumption: A Routine Activity Approach," American Behavioral Scientist, Vol.21, No.4, pp.614-624, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1177/000276427802100411
- 권애라, "서울, 공유 경제를 만나다" 기념 연구 보고서, 크라우드산업연구소, 2013.
- R. Belk Russell, "Why not share rather than own?," The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, Vol.611, No.1, pp.126-140, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1177/0002716206298483
- 강현숙, 제형준, 박선, "공유경제와 도시산업," 대한지방행정공제회, 제48권, 제54호, pp.32-36, 2013.
- 권영용, "공유경제와 도시생활," 대한지방행정공제회, 제48권, 제540호, pp.8-9, 2013.
- 김동한, "IT와 新소비 문화의 만남, '공유 경제 (Sharing Economy)'," 한국방송통신전파진흥원, 제67권, 제1호, pp.33-45, 2013.
- 이봉형, "공유경제의 시작, 카 셰어링," 대한지방행정공제회, 제48권, 제540호, pp.22-26, 2013.
- 최열, "공유경제에서 시작한 하우징 셰어링," 대한지방행정공제회, 제48권, 제540호, pp.22-26, 2013.
- N. A. John, "Sharing and Web 2.0: The Emergence of A Keyword," New Media & Society, Vol.15, No.2, pp.167-182, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1177/1461444812450684
- 김점산, "이슈&진단, 공유경제의 미래와 성공 조건," 경기개발연구원, 제134권, 제1호, pp.1-25, 2014.
- 김해중, 박종우, 조동혁, "공유경제 서비스의 성공요인에 관한 실증 연구," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제16권, 제1호, pp.214-229, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.01.214
- J. Rifkin, The Age of Access: The New Culture of Hypercapitalism Where All of Life is a Paid for Experience, New York: Penguin, 2000.
- 김가연, 김흥규, "협력적 소비, 공유경제 서비스 모델에 관한 소비자 선호 유형 연구," 한국주관성연구학회, 제27권, pp.23-40, 2013.
- 변미리, "공유경제와 사회 변동," 대한지방행정공제회, 제48권, 제540호, pp.27-31, 2013.
- 장영화, 예비 공유경제 기업인/활동가를 위한 공유경제 시작학교, 서울: 공유허브, 2013.
- 김형균, 오재환, 도시재생 소프트전략으로서 공 유경제 적용방안, 부산발전연구원, 2013.
- M. Flat and S. M. H. V. D. Fehr, The Motivation Factors of Non-ownership Consumption (Master's thesis), 2012.
- S. Moeller and K. Wittkowski, "The Burdens of Ownership: Reasons for Preferring Renting," Marketing Service Quality, Vol.20, No.2, pp.176-191, 2010.
- S. J. Lawson, Forsaking ownership: Three Essays on Non-ownership and Alternative Forms of Exchange, (Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation), Florida State University, College of Business. Florida, USA, 2011.
- J. Hamari, M. Sjöklint, and A. Ukkonen, "The Sharing Economy: Why People Participate in Collaborative Consumption," Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, Vol.67, No.9, pp.2047-2059, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1002/asi.23552
- M. Matzner, F. Chasin, and L. Todenhofer, "To Share or Not to Share: Towards Understanding the Antecedents of Participation in IT-enabled Sharing Services," Twenty-Third European Conference on Information Systems, Munster, Germany, 2015.
- P. van de Glind, "The consumer potential of Collaborative Consumption," Research MSc in Sustainable Development-Environmental Governance Faculty of Geosciences, Utrecht University, Netherlands August, 2013.
- J. F. Durgee and G. Colarelli O'Connor, "An Exploration Into Renting as Consumption Behavior," Psychology and Marketing, Vol.12, No.2, pp.89-104, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.4220120202
- J. Bendell and A. Kleanthous, Deeper luxury: Quality and style when the world matter, 2007.
- M. Fishbein and I. Ajzen, Belief, Attitude, Intention, and Behavior: An Introduction to Theory and Research, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1975.
- I. Ajzen, Attitudes, Personality, and Behavior, Chicago: Dorsey Press, 1988.
- I. Ajzen and T. J. Madden, "Prediction of Goal-directed Behavior: Attitudes, Intentions, and Perceived Behavioral Control," Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, Vol.22, pp.453-474, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-1031(86)90045-4
- L. Gansky, The Mesh: Why the Future of Business is Sharing, New York: Penguin Group, 2012.
- A. Kaplan and M. Haenlein, "Users of the World, Unite! The Challenges and Opportunities of Social Media," Business Horizons, Vol.53, No.1, pp.59-68, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bushor.2009.09.003
- G. Ritzer, "Prosumption: Evolution, Revolution, or Eternal Return of the Same?," Journal of Consumer Culture, Vol.14, No.1, pp.3-24, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1177/1469540513509641
- 조동환, "웹2.0과 기업의 비즈니스 모델 활용방안," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제8권, 제4호, pp.108-116, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2008.8.4.108
- R. Batra and O. T. Ahtola, "Measuring the Hedonic and Utilitarian Sources of Consumer Attitudes," Marketing Letters, Vol.2, No.2, pp.159-170, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00436035
- R. Chitturi, R. Raghunathan, and Y. Mahajan, "Delight by Design: The Role of Hedonic Versus Utilitarian Benefits," Journal of Marketing, Vol.72, No.3, pp.48-63, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.72.3.48
- R. Dhar and K. Wertenbroch, "Consumer Choice Between Hedonic and Utilitarian Goods," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.37, No.1, pp.60-71, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkr.184.108.40.20618
- I. Ajzen, "Constructing a TpB Questionnaire: Conceptual and Methodological Considerations," http://people.umass.edu/ajzen, 2002.
- P. A. Albinsson and B. Yasanthi Perera, "Alternative Marketplaces in the 21st Century: Building Community Through Sharing Events," Journal of Consumer Behaviour, Vol.11, No.4, pp.303-315, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/cb.1389
- 강응구, 김영한, 김광용, "스마트폰 이용동기와 활용능력이 스마트패드 사용의도에 미치는 영향에 관한연구," 한국 IT 서비스학회지, 제11권, 제2호, pp.1-23, 2012.