- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
An Analysis and Directional Suggestion for Digital Cultural Heritage Education
디지털 문화유산 교육 현황 분석 및 방향 제언
- Received : 2018.01.03
- Accepted : 2018.03.09
- Published : 2018.03.28
This research discusses the necessity for change in the domestic digital cultural heritage education. In following, this research analyzes definition and categories of digital cultural heritage education alongside with several case studies of global institutions and their characteristics. Throughout the analysis, this research suggests a direction of domestic digital cultural heriage which has limitations. Currently domestic use of digital cultural heritage education is currently limited to applying digital technology. Analysing literature review and case studies, this research found that digital cultural heritage education can make learners be mature in perspective of historical thinking and digital literacy simultaneously. In other words, digital cultural heritage education should not aim at pursuing education via digital platform simply, but rather fundamental cultural heritage education based on understanding of digital technology and future trend of education such as informal learning. Throughout the analysis of current cases and suggestion for future direction, the research aims at being a fundamental study of digital cultural heritage.
Digital Heritage Education;Digital Cultural Heritage;Heritage Contents
- M. Gatsch, F. Kayali, R. Mateus-Berr, T. Mikeska, and K. Seirafi, "Mobile Technology and Museum Education for Schools Theory, Study Results & Use Cases from the Project Art.Lector," NODEM 2014 Proceedings, pp.171-176, 2014.
- S. Lopez and A. Ramos, "Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona(MACBA), Barcelona," Museums and the Web 2010 https://www.museumsandtheweb.com/mw2010/papers/lopez/lopez.html accessed on 17th Feb. 2018.
- R. Parry and M. Ortiz-Williams, "How Shall We Label Our Exhibit Today? Applying the Principles of On-Line Publishing to an On-Site Exhibition," Museums and the Web 2007 https://www.museumsandtheweb.com/mw2007/papers/parry/parry.html accessed on 20th Feb. 2018.
- D. Walsh, P. Clough, and J. Foster "User Categories for Digital Cultural Heritage" http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1611/paper6.pdf accessed on 14th Feb 2018.
- S. Shep, etc, Exploring Digital Technology and Historical Thinking in Undergraduate Learning and Teaching at VUW, VUW Press, 2013.
- D. Throsby, Economics and Culture, Cambridge University Press, 2001.
- D Harvey, "Heritage pasts and heritage presents: temporality, meaning and the scope of heritage studies," International Journal of Heritage Studies, Vol.7, No.4, pp.319-338, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1080/13581650120105534
- 디지털문화유산영상관 전시운영방안 연구, 한국문화재청, p.4, 2013.
- M Vaart and C Ray, "Domus:An On-Gallery Digital Museum Experience in Two Parts" Engaging Spaces: Interpretation, Design and Digital Strategies, NODEM 2014 Proceedings, p.194-201, 2014.
- 97문화유산의 해 사업결과 보고서, 문화체육부 문화재관리국, 1998.
- 문화유산 교육 현황 및 발전방향, 월간 문화재, 한국 문화재청, 2013년 12월호
- L. Viinikkala, O. Helmo, T. Korkalainen, T. Makila, S. Helle, V. Panni, J. Arimaa, F. Saukko, J. Paakyla, S. Jokela, T. Lehtonen, and O. Leskinen, "The Luostarinmaki Adventure An Augmented Reality Game in an Open-air Museum," Engaging Spaces: Interpretation, Design and Digital Strategies, NODEM 2014 Proceedings, pp.232-243, 2014.
- J.Suh, J. Ahn, H. Kim, and J. Kim, "Evaluation of an Interactive Multimedia Exhibit in the National Museum of Korean Contemporary History, South Korea," NODEM 2014 Proceedings, pp.276-285, 2014.