- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Network Analysis of the Diffusion on the Disaster Issue Via SNS based on Types of Information, Issue Contractiveness and Diffusion
재난 발생 시 SNS를 통해 확산된 재난 이슈 네트워크 분석: 유튜브의 정보 종류 및 이슈의 집중도·확산성을 중심으로
- 홍주현 (국민대학교 언론정보학부)
- Received : 2017.12.29
- Accepted : 2018.02.19
- Published : 2018.03.28
The network analysis is done to explore what kind if issues are diffused about earthquake and the role of social media. The types of disaster information is classified into formal and informal. The role of actor is classified based on the concentrativeness and the diffusion of issue. Youttube is functioned as a formal channel and an informal channel when disaster happened. In case of government's video, issue contractiveness is high but the diffusion is low. In case of media's video, issue contractiveness and the diffusion are all high. In case of individual channel, issue contractiveness is low, but diffusion is high. In disaster, youtube is a tool to respread the disaster issue. Government needs to try diffusion of government's news actively in disaster.
- S. R. Veil, T. Buehner, and M. J. Palenchar, "A AWork-In-Process Literature Review: Incorporating Social Media in Risk and Crisis Communication," Journal of Contingencies and Crisis Management, Vol.19, No.2, 2011.
- J. Hirano and T. Nakatsuji, Influence of Daily SNS Usage on Collecting Disaster information and inhabitants' Behavior during Flood, 2014. http://www.eng.hokudai.ac.jp/e3/alumni/files/ab stract/m187.pdf
- C. Wendling, J. Radisch, and S. Jacobzone, The Use of Social Media in Risk and Crisis Communication. OECD, Working Papers on Public Governance, No.25, OECD http://dx.doi.org /10.1787/5k3v01fskp9s-en
- Y. Jin and B. Liu, Examining the Role of Scocial Media in Effective Crisis Management: The Effects of Crisis Origin, Information Form, and Source on Public's Crisis Responses, Communication Research, XX(X) 1-21, 2012.
- Zogby Interactive, Poll: Online news sources top all others, 2009. http://pww.org/article/view/16025
- 홍주현, 윤해진, "트위터를 통한 루머의 확산 과정 연구: 한미 FTA 관련 루머의 자극성에 따른 의견 확산 추이와 이용자의 상호작용성을 중심으로," 한국언론정보학보, 제66권, 제2호, pp.59-86, 2014.
- G. Christodoulou, C. Georgiou, and G. Pallis, The Role of Twitter in YouTube Videos Diffusion. https://www.cs.ucy.ac.cy/-gpallis/publications/ Conferences/wise2012.pdf
- S. Paterson, Chapter 11: Social Media and Emergency Management, https://cmci.colorado. edu/-palen/palen_papers/Critical-Issues-in-Disa ster-Science-and-Management_CH11.pdf
- J. N. Sutton, L. Palen, and I. Shklovski, Backchannels on the Front Lines: Emergent Use of Social Media in the 2007 Southern Caliornia Fires. In Proceedings of the Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management Conference (ISCRAM 2008). Washington D.C. 2008. http://www.itu.dk/people /irsh/pubs/iscram08.pdf
- K. J. Tierney, Social Inequality, Hazards and Disasters, In Daniels, R.J., D.F. Kettl, & H. Kunreuther Eds. On Risk and Disaster: Learning from Hurricane Katrina. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 2006. http://cis.uchicago. edu/oldsite/outreach/summerinstitute/2013/docu ments/sti2013_tierney_inequality-hazards-disast ers.pdf
- M. Grandjean, "A social network analysis of Twitter: Mapping the digital humanities community," Cogent Arts & Humanities, Vol.3, No.1, 2016. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/233 11983.2016.1171458