- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of Theocratical Model and Evaluation Tool for Learning Epistemic Frame using Computer based Learning System
컴퓨터기반 교육시스템의 인식론적 프레임 학습을 위한 이론모형 구축과 평가도구 개발
- Received : 2018.02.01
- Accepted : 2018.03.12
- Published : 2018.03.28
Recently, the computer aided learning system has promoted a new educational concept and education system. The purpose of this study is to construct a theoretical model for the epistemic frame and evaluation tool which is emphasized according to the 21st century. Specifically, first, this study conducted a domain analysis of epistemic frame. Second, this study developed an evaluation tool to measure epistemic frame. Finally, the evaluation tool is examined in terms of validity and reliability using factor analysis and Cronbach's alpha. As a result, the theoretical model was presented through the consultation of the Advisory Group and the evaluation tool was empirically validated. We expect that this study will provide a useful information to researchers and practitioners who want to develop a computer based learning tool for learning epistemic frame.
Epistemic Frame;Computer based learning system;Learning Analytics;21st Century Skills;Science Technology
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- J. Gee, What video games have to teach us about learning and literacy, New York: Palgrage, Macmillan, 2003.
- D. Gibson, C. Aldrch, and M. Prensky (Eds). Games and simulations in online learning: Research and development frameworks, Hershey, PA. 2006.
- D. Shaffer, "Epistemic frames for epistemic game," Computers and Education, Vol.46, No.3, pp.223-234, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2005.11.003
- D. Shaffer, How computer games help children learn, New York: Palgrave.macmillan, 2006a.
- E. Bagley and D. Shaffer, "When people get in the way: Promoting civic thinking through epstemic game play," International Journal of gaming and computer-mediated simulations, Vol.1, No.36-52, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4018/jgcms.2009010103
- B. Nelson, B. Erlandson, and A. Denham, A design view of assessment in complex game environments, Presented at the third meeting of the assessment 21st century skill, Tempe, AZ. 2009.
- C. T. Beck and R. K. Gable, "Ensuring content validity: An illustration of the process," Journal of Nursing Measurement, Vol.9, pp.201-215, 2001.
- K. Simon and L. Karen, "Socializing Epistemic Cognition," Educational Research Review, Vol.21, pp.17-32, 2001.
- D. V. Cicchetti and S. A. Sparrow, "Developing criteria for establishing interrater reliability of specific items: applications to assessment of adaptive behavior," American Journal of Mental Deficiency, Vol.86, No.2, pp.127-137, 1981.
- L. Hu and P. Bentler, "Fit Indices in Covariance Structure Modeling: Sensitivity to Underparameterized Model misspecification," Psychological Methods, Vol.3, No.4, pp.424-453, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1037/1082-989X.3.4.424
- J. Lave and E. Wenger, Situated Learning, New York, Combridge University Press, 1991.
- G. J. Kelly, S. MacDonald, and P. Wickman, Sicence Learning and spistemology, in B. j. Fraser, K. Tobin, & C. J. McRobbie (Eds.). Second interational handbook of science education, Dordrech: Springer Netherlands, 2012.
- A. Mavridis and T. Tsiatsos, "Game-based Assessment: Investigating the impact on Test Anxiety and Exam Perforamnce," Journal Of Computer Assisted Learning, Vol.33, No.2, pp.137-150, 2017 https://doi.org/10.1111/jcal.12170
- D. W. Shaffer, D. Hatfield, G. N. Svarovsky, P. Nash, A. Nulty, E. Bagley, K. Franke, A. A. Rupp, and R. J. Mislevy, "Epistemic network analysis: A prototype for 21st Century Assessment of Learning," International Journal of Laerning Media, Vol.1, No.2, pp.33-53, 2009.
- K. Dicerbo, "Building the Evidentiary Argument in Game-based Assessment," Journal of Applied Testing Technology, Vol.18, pp.7-18, 2017
- J. Kim, R. Almond, and V. Shute, "Applying Evidence-Centered Design for the Development of Game-based Assessments in Physics playground," Vol.16, No.2, pp.142-163, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1080/15305058.2015.1108322
- 강숙정, 배정아, "간호 시뮬레이션 교육에서의 심리적 안전에 관한 개념분석," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제17권, 제9호, pp.331-340, 2017. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.09.331
- 진은희, 김훈희, "영상매체를 활용한 전문대학생들의 인성덕목 교육프로그램 효과," 한국콘테츠학회논문지, 제17권, 제1호, pp.1-11, 2017.
- 강민채, "스마트교육에 대한 예비특수교사들의 태도에 관한 연구," 제17권, 제11호, pp.18-38, 2017. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2017.17.11.018