- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Case Study on the Regionality and Characteristics in the Expression of Modern Chinese Architecture
중국 현대 건축의 지역성 구축 및 표현 특성 사례 연구
- Received : 2018.02.13
- Accepted : 2018.03.16
- Published : 2018.03.28
This study is to explore the characteristics of contemporary Chinese architecture from the aspects of the regionalism of environment, culture and technology. Six cases of contemporary Chinese architecture which won the world-wide famous were selected and analyzed. The results are the followings; First, the regionalism of environment emphasizes the building's response to the regional environment (topography, climate and regional landscape). Second, the regionalism of culture reflects as the relevance between architecture and community structure, economic patterns, folk customs and other social factors of the region. Third, the regionalism of technology requires the coordination of construction process, structure form, materials and other contents of architecture with the regional environment and culture, and emphasizes the suitability of technology. Environment, culture and technology determine that the regionalism of contemporary Chinese architecture is not purely the meaning at the formal level, but explores the underlying causes.
Supported by : 동서대학교
- S. Giedion, Space, Time and Architecture, Harvard University Press, p.77, 1967.
- L. Mumford, The Culture of Cities, Building & Architecture Press, p.404, 1970.
- Tzonis, Critical regionalism: Architecture and ldentity in a Globalized World, Architecture & Building Press, pp.4-9, 2007.
- Tzonis, Critical regionalism: Architecture and ldentity in a Globalized World, Architecture & Building Press, pp.22-27, 2007.
- K. Frampton, Modern Architecture: A Critical History, Thames and Hudson Ltd, pp.369-370, 1992.
- Wu Liangyong, A General Theory of Architecture, Tsinghua University Press, p.180, 1992.
- Wu Liangyong, A General Theory of Architecture, Tsinghua University Press, pp.181-182, 1992.
- Rapoport, The Meaning of the Built Environment, Architecture & Building Press, p.38, 2003.
- Ding Wowo, "Rethinking the Tectonic Culture Discours," Studies of Architecture & Culture, Vol.1, p.9, 2009.
- Huber, Land, Site, Architecture, Edizioni Lybre Immagine, p.19, 2004.
- Zhong Hui, "Interpretation of the Aesthetic Value of Suzhou Museum," Domus国际中文版, Vol.15, p.59, 2007.
- Meng Yan, "Tulou Community," Domus國際中文版, Vol.23, p.62, 2008.
- Li Xiaodong, "Bridge School," Domus國際中文版, Vol.49, p.34, 2010.
- TAO, "Museum of Handcraft Paper," Domus國際中文版, Vol.76, p.58, 2013.
- Chen Bing, "Collaboration of Architectural Design with Structural Design on Local Construction Outlook," Domus國際中文版, Vol.79, p.63, 2013.
- ZAO, "The Micro Yuan'er Children's Library and Art Centre," Domus國際中文版, Vol.107, p.40, 2016.