- Volume 22 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of On-line Instruction Manual System
온라인 매뉴얼 시스템의 설계 및 구현
- Kim, Byungho (Department of Computer Science, Kyungsung University) ;
- Eun, Seongbae (Department of Information and Communication, Hannam University)
- Received : 2018.01.02
- Accepted : 2018.02.20
- Published : 2018.03.28
This paper proposes and implements an on-line instruction manual system which can generate the instruction manual page for the target device at the smartphone on the spot. The instruction manual app. on smartphone scans a QR code or reads NFC tag attached in the instruction manual management module embedded in the target device, and receives instruction manual data from the instruction manual management module through the Bluetooth communications and finally shows the refined instruction manual pages on the smartphone display using a Web-based templates. For the evaluation we embedded the instruction manual management module for an industrial generator with its instruction manual data. Assuming a circumstance of blackout we show that the proposed system can reduce the repair work within two steps compared to three steps in the existing one without the proposed system.
- Yonhap News, A mechanic of Jeju Airport wastes of time for misguided maintenance of air traffic communications [Internet]. Available: http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2015/12/14/0200000000AKR20151214173400056.HTML.
- K. Ahn, J. Kang, J. Kwak, Y. Lee, M. Cho, "Study on Maintainability Prediction Time Application for Aircraft System," in Proceedings of the Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, pp. 741-744, Nov. 2014.
- J. Cha, J. Shin, C. Yeom, "A Review on Applicability of Big Data Technology in Nuclear Power Plant," Transactions of the Korean Nuclear Society Spring Meeting, Apr. 2015.
- J. Won, S. Choi, "The Effects of AR (Augmented Reality) Contents on User's Learning : A Case Study of Car manual Using Digital Contents," Journal of Digital Contents Society, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 17-23, Sep. 2017. https://doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2017.18.1.17
- M. Bhatia, A. Kumar, R. Beniwal, "Ontology based framework for automatic software's documentation," in Proceedings of 2nd Int. Conference on Computing for Sustainable Global Development, pp. 421-424, Mar. 2015.
- K. Lee, "An Automated Manual Recommendation System based on Ontology," in Proceedings of Korea Multimedia Society, pp. 151-151, 2007.
- M. Fiorentino, A. Uva, G. Monno, R. Radkowski, "Natural interaction for online documentation in industrial maintenance," Int. Journal of Computer Aided Engineering and Technology, vol. 8, no. 1-2, pp. 56-79, Jan. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJCAET.2016.073269
- S. Henderson, S. Feiner, "Exploring the Benefits of Augmented Reality Documentation for Maintenance and Repair," IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, vol.17, no. 10, pp. 1355-1368, Oct. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVCG.2010.245
- Edaily News, Hanbit Soft develops simulator for disaster response [Internet]. Available: http://www.edaily.co.kr/news/news_detail.asp?newsId=01666246609502744&mediaCodeNo=257&OutLnkChk=Y, 2015.
- ZDNet Korea, Samsung Electronics developed a book in braille using OCR using multi-function printer [Internet]. Available: http://www.zdnet.co.kr/news/news_view.asp?artice_id=20160605092552, 2016.
- ZDNet Korea, LG Electronics developed electronics devices for the disabled [Internet]. Available: http://www.zdnet.co.kr/news/news_view.asp?artice_id=20131103120721, 2013.
- K. Lee, D. Lee, "An online help framework for web applications," in Proceedings of the 25th annual ACM international conference on Design of communication, pp. 176-180, 2007.
- S. Lim, "Mobile Documentation with Smartphone and Cloud in an Emergent Curriculum," Interdisciplinary Journal of Practice, Theory, and Applied Research, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 304-317, Nov. 2017.
- B. Choi, S. Eun, B. Kim, "Design and Implementation of M2M Platform based on PWW," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 740-746, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2013.17.3.740
- H. Kim, "Learning from the UK's Operating System of Crisis Response Manuals," Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, vol.7, no.2, pp. 189-198, Feb. 2017.