- Volume 22 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Super-resolution Reconstruction Method for Plenoptic Images based on Reliability of Disparity
시차의 신뢰도를 이용한 플렌옵틱 영상의 초고해상도 복원 방법
- Jeong, Min-Chang (Graduate School of Information and Communication Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Song-Ran (Graduate School of Information and Communication Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kang, Hyun-Soo (Graduate School of Information and Communication Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2017.11.02
- Accepted : 2018.01.11
- Published : 2018.03.28
In this paper, we propose a super-resolution reconstruction algorithm for plenoptic images based on the reliability of disparity. The subperture image generated by the Flanoptic camera image is used for disparity estimation and reconstruction of super-resolution image based on TV_L1 algorithm. In particular, the proposed image reconstruction method is effective in the boundary region where disparity may be relatively inaccurate. The determination of reliability of disparity vector is based on the upper, lower, left and right positional relationship of the sub-aperture image. In our method, the unreliable vectors are excluded in reconstruction. The performance of the proposed method was evaluated by comparing to a bicubic interpolation method, a conventional disparity based method and dictionary based method. The experimental results show that the proposed method provides the best performance in terms of PSNR(Peak Signal to noise ratio), SSIM(Structural Similarity).
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- I. H. Choe, H. J. Lee, and B. C. Song. "Super Resolution Image Reconstruction Technique for Digital video devices," The Magazine of the IEIE, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 36-44, Oct. 2012.
- J. Sanchez, E. M-Llopis, and G. Facciolo, "TV-L1 optical flow estimation," IPOL(Image Processing On Line), vol. 3, pp. 137-150, July. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5201/ipol.2013.26
- L. I. Rudin, S. Osher, and E. Fatemi. "Nonlinear total variation based noise removal algorithms," Physica D, vol. 60, pp. 259-268, Nov. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-2789(92)90242-F
- A. Chambolle, "An Algorithm for Total Variation Minimization and Applications," Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, vol. 20, no. 1-2, pp. 89-97, Jan. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:JMIV.0000011321.19549.88
- Sven Wanner and Bastian Goldluecke, "Variational Light Field Analysis for Disparity Estimation and Super-Resolution," IEEE Transactions of Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 606-619, March. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.2013.147
- D. Dansereau, O. Pizarro, and S. Williams. "Decoding, calibration and rectification for lenselet-based plenoptic cameras," in Proceeding of IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), pp. 1027-1034, June 2013.
- S. R. Kim, M. C. Jeong, H. S. Kang, "Calibration Method of Plenoptic Camera using CCD Camera Model", in Proceedings of The Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 261-269, Feb. 2018.
- D. H. Kim, "SVD-based Image Enhancement Method using Weighted Average of Histogram Stretching and Equalization," in Proceeding of Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, vol.5, no.5, pp. 77-85, Oct. 2015
- J. Yang, J. Wright, T. Huang, and Y. Ma, "Image superresolution via sparse representation," IEEE Trans. Image Processing, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 2861-2873, Nov. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2010.2050625
- R. Zeyde, M. Elad, and M. Protter, "On single image scale-up using sparse-representations," Lecture Note in Computer Science, vol. 6920, pp. 711-730, 2012.
- R. Timofte, V. De, and L. Van Gool, "Anchored neighborhood regression for fast example-based superresolution," in Proceeding of IEEE International Conference Computer Vision, pp. 1920-1927, Dec. 2013.
- J. Jiang, X. Ma, C. Chen, L. Tao, Z. Wang, and J. Ma, "Single Image Super-Resolution via Locally Regularized Anchored Neighborhood Regression and Nonlocal Means," IEEE Trans. on Multimedia, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 15-26, Aug. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMM.2016.2599145