- Volume 22 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Illumination-Robust Load Lane Color Recognition based on S-color Space
조명변화에 강인한 S-색상공간 기반의 차선색상 판별 방법
- Baek, Seung-Hae (Orbotech Korea) ;
- Jin, Yan (Hyundai Motor Technology & Engineering Center) ;
- Lee, Geun-Mo (School of Computer Science and Engineering, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Park, Soon-Yong (School of Computer Science and Engineering, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2018.01.05
- Accepted : 2018.01.29
- Published : 2018.03.28
In this paper, we propose a road lane color recognition method from the image obtained from a driving vehicle. In autonomous vehicle techniques, lane information becomes more important as the level of autonomous driving such as lane departure warning and dynamic lane keeping assistance is increased. In particular the lane color recognition, especially the white and the yellow lanes, is necessary technique because it is directly related to traffic accidents. In this paper, color information of lane and road area is mapped to a 2-dimensional S-color space based on lane detection. And the center of the feature distribution is obtained by using an improved mean-shift algorithm in the S-color space. The lane color is determined by using the distance between the center coordinates of the color features of the left and right lanes and the road area. In various illumination conditions, about 97% color recognition rate is achieved.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- J. Y. Lee, S. W. Moon, K.S. Yi, B.M. Yun., and S.B., Yu, "A lane departure warning algorithm and forward collision warning algorithm with an only one camera." The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers Annual Conference Proceedings, pp. 1853-1860, 2009.
- M. Y. Yoon, J. K. Choi, J. E. Jung, K. S. Boo, and H. S. Kim, "Development of vehicle side collision avoidance system with virtual driving environments." Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 164-170, Feb, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2013.30.2.164
- A. Mammeri, G. Lu, and A. Boukerche. "Design of lane keeping assist system for autonomous vehicles." IEEE 7th International Conference on New Technologies, Mobility and Security (NTMS), pp. 1-5, 2015.
- M. Tsogas, A. Polychronopoulos, and A. Amditis, "Using digital maps to enhance lane keeping support systems," IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 148-153, 2007.
- C. S. Bae, J. H. Lee, and S. B. Cho. "Lane detection algorithm using morphology and color information." Journal of the Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea SD vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 15-24, June, 2016.
- K. H. Jang, and S. W. Kwak. "Fast center lane detection method for vehicle applications." Journal of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 649-656, June, 2014. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2014.9.6.649
- H. C. Choi, and S. Y. Oh, "Illumination invariant lane color recognition by using road color reference & neural networks." The 2010 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), pp. 1-5, 2010.
- H. J. Jang, S. H. Baek, and S. Y. Park, "Lane marking detection in various lighting conditions using robust feature extraction," In Proceedings of the 22th international Conference in Central Europe on Computer Graphics, Visualization and Computer Vision, pp. 83-88, 2014.
- Z. F. Gao, W. Bo, M. J. Dong, and Y. S. Shi, "Intelligent real-time lane detection for vehicles in urban streets," International Conference on Information Science and Control Engineering, pp. 1-20, 2012.
- B. Paulchamy, K. Archana, A. Bruno, I. Divya, and M. Krishnan, "A novel approach towards road safety based on investigational survey using image processing and user interface systems," International Education and Research Journal, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 105-108, Mar, 2017.
- K. Y. Chiu, and S. F. Lin, "Lane detection using color-based segmentation." Proceedings of IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 706-711, 2005.
- Z. Ying, and L. Ge, "Robust lane marking detection using boundary-based inverse perspective mapping." IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), pp. 1921-1925, 2016.
- K. Du, Y. F. Ju, "Mean-Shift tracking algorithm with adaptive block color histogram," IEEE 2nd International Conference on. Consumer Electronics, Communications and Networks (CECNet), pp. 2692-2695, 2012.
- S. Park, S. Baek, and C. Choi, "Simulation of Radiation Imaging based on the Scanning of Pin-hole Stereo Vision Sensors," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 1671-1680, July, 2014 https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2014.18.7.1671