- Volume 22 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Development of Simple Fuel Consumption Estimation and Optimized Route Recommendation System based on Voyage Data of Vessel
항차 데이터 기반 간이 연료 소모량 추정 및 최적 경유 항구 추천 시스템 개발
- Woo, Snag-Min (Division of Ocean ICT & Advanced Materials Technology Research, Research Institute of Medium & Small Shipbuilding) ;
- Hwang, Hun-Gyu (Division of Ocean ICT & Advanced Materials Technology Research, Research Institute of Medium & Small Shipbuilding) ;
- Kim, Bae-Sung (Division of Ocean ICT & Advanced Materials Technology Research, Research Institute of Medium & Small Shipbuilding) ;
- Woo, Yun-Tae (Division of Ocean ICT & Advanced Materials Technology Research, Research Institute of Medium & Small Shipbuilding) ;
- Lee, Jang-Se (Division of Maritime IT Engineering, Korea Maritime and Ocean University)
- Received : 2018.01.16
- Accepted : 2018.02.21
- Published : 2018.03.28
Recently, The MRV (monitoring, reporting and verification) regulation, which measures, reports and verifies the emission gas of vessel to head for member countries of Europe Union (EU), is being implemented. As part this reason, we develop a system that estimates simple fuel consumption and recommends optimized stop-over ports of vessel, to calculate amount of carbon emission. To do this, we analyze fuel, distance and time consumption between port and the other port based on stored voyage data for over 10 years of real-ship, and implement a simple fuel consumption estimation module using analyzed result. Also, we design and implement the optimized route recommendation algorithm, existing navigation route display function including comparison with the optimized routes and user custom route plan function. Therefore, we expect the developed system is helpful when makes a navigation route and so on by reference indexes and we anticipate the system to have a sense for future research which learns and predicts for accuracy result.
최근, 유럽 연합 가입국을 기항지로 항해하는 선박을 대상으로 배출 가스를 측정한 후, 그 결과를 보고하고 검증받는 MRV 규제의 시행을 앞두고 있다. 이러한 배출 가스량을 경험적으로 산정해보기 위하여 본 논문에서는 간이 연료 소모량 추정 및 최적 경유 항구 추천 시스템을 개발하기 위한 내용을 다룬다. 이를 위해 10여 년간 축적된 선박의 항차 데이터를 기반으로 각 항구별 연료 소모량, 거리, 소요 시간을 분석하여, 이를 기반으로 연료 소모량을 추정하는 모듈을 개발하였다. 또한 선박의 출발지와 목적지 사이의 최적 경유 항구를 추천하기 위한 기능을 비롯하여 실제 운항 경로 표시 기능, 실제 운항 경로와 최적 경로와의 비교 기능, 사용자 지정 경유 항구 선택 기능을 제공하기 위한 모듈을 구현하였다. 개발한 시스템은 선박의 운항 계획 등을 위한 참고 지표로 활용이 가능할 것으로 기대되며, 축적된 데이터를 기반으로 학습하여 미래 데이터를 예측하기 위한 선행 연구로서 의미가 있을 것으로 판단된다.
Grant : The development of international maritime portal system and the improving of data collection/verification technology for realtime sailing to regulation international MRV, effective ship operation of IMO
Supported by : Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries
- N. S. Kang, Y. J. Hong, J. S. Lee, and S. S. Byeon, "Development of technology for collecting data regarding fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions by existing ships for MRV regulation," Journal of Korean Society of Marine Engineering, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 943-951, Jul. 2017. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2017.41.9.943
- W. C. Boo, "A Study on Korean Countermeasures for Controls on Greenhouse Gas Emissions from ship," M.S. thesis, International Trade & Regional Studies Graduated School of Business Administration Inha University, 2015
- N. S. Kang, B. S. Lee, S. Y. Kim, J. J. Lee, and H. K. Yoon, "Conceptual Design of a Portal System for International Shipping's Greenhouse Gas Monitoring, Reporting, and Verification," Journal of the Society of Marine Environment & Safety, vol. 22, no. 1, pp.108-117, Feb. 2016. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2016.22.1.108
- N. S. Kang, J. Y. Lee, Y. J. Hong, S. S. Byeon, and J. Y. Kim, "Technical Analysis of an MRV System in Relation to the Implementation of a Data Collection System by the International Maritime Organization," Journal of the Society of Marine Environment & Safety, vol .23, no. 1, pp.122-129, Feb. 2017. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2017.23.1.122
- M. I. Roh, "A method for Determining a Ship Economic Route based on the Acquisition of the Sea State and Estimation of Fuel Consumption," Transactions of the Society of CAD/ CAM Engineers, vol. 17, no. 2, pp.71-78, Apr. 2012. https://doi.org/10.7315/CADCAM.2012.071
- S. D. Lee and D. K. Koh, "Countermeasures for reduction for CO2 emission from training ship," Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, vol.39, no.9, pp.981-986, Aug. 2015. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2015.39.9.981
- M. Kazuyuki and Y. U. Kim, "The study on Reduction Method of CO2 Emission from Ships," Journal of Fisheries and Marine Sciences Education, vol. 22, no. 3, pp.705-715, Aug. 2013.
- S. K. Kim, Y. S. Lee, G. Y. Kong, J. P. Kim, and C. H. Jung, "A Study on the Ship's Speed for Reducing the Fuel Oil Consumption in Actual Ships," Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, vol. 18, no. 1, pp.41-47, Feb. 2012. https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2012.18.1.041
- H. G. Hwang, B. S. Kim, I. S. Shin, J. S. Lee and Y. H. Yu, "An evaluation of effectiveness for providing safety navigation supporting service : focused on route plan sharing service," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 620-628, Mar. 2017. https://doi.org/10.6109/JKIICE.2017.21.3.620
- H. G. Hwang, B. S. Kim, I. S. Shin, J. S. Lee and Y. H. Yu, "An Evaluation of Effectiveness for Providing Safety Navigation Supporting Service : Focused on CPA/TCPA Information Supplying Service," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 21, vol. 9, pp. 1788-1795, Sep. 2017. https://doi.org/10.6109/JKIICE.2017.21.9.1788
- S. S. Kim and C. H. Jung, "Effects of the Degree of Match between Prior Expectation and Perceived Performance on User Satisfaction in New IT Services," Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 845-852, May. 2017.