- Volume 22 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Design of TM/TC data protocol of Military Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
군용 무인기의 TM/TC 데이터 프로토콜 설계
- Hong, Su-woon (Satellite.Datalink Team, Hanwha Systems) ;
- Kim, Young-kil (Division of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ajou University)
- Received : 2017.08.04
- Accepted : 2018.01.31
- Published : 2018.03.28
Unmanned aerial vehicles(UAVs) operating in the military for various purposes are designed to transmit information collected according to the purpose to GCS(Ground Control System), and to transmit/receive the vehicle's operational control and status information using wireless communication(or datalink). Currently, the military UAV systems in operation in Korea use unique communication methods, protocols, and message structures for each system. Among these, the Division UAV is designed to transmit fixed size TM/TC data repeatedly and the Corps UAV is designed to transmit aperiodic TM/TC data to the variable length of the message-based. In this paper, we analyze the TM/TC data protocol of existing military UAV systems and present data protocol design method which is considered to be more efficient in wireless communication environment applied to equipment under development. And we will discuss issues to be considered for standardization of technology for ensuring interoperability with many UAVs or newly introduced UAV systems.
- B. S. Song, "Control Communication Standardization Trend (2015) of the Civil Unmanned Aerial Vehicle(UAV)," Korean Aerospace Research Institute 2015 Fall Conference, pp. 1396-1399, Nov. 2015.
- W. P. Kang, J. H. Song, K. H. Lee, D. H. Lee, S. J. Jung, and H. J. Choi, "Analysis of Common Data Link Technology Trends for the Next Generation Korean Common Data Link Development," The Journal of Korea Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 209-222, Mar. 2014.
- J. H. Kim, J. W. Choi, Y. M. Jung, and J. H. Cho, "Development Result of the UAS Datalink System," Korea Aerospace Research Institute 2014 Spring Conference, pp. 707-711, Apr. 2014.
- S. G. Cho, S. H. Kim, C. K. Ryoo, K. Y. Choi, and H. Ryu, "Design of ICD for Data Communication for Unmanned Aerial System," Korea Aerospace Research Institute 2011 Spring Conference, pp. 774-779, Apr. 2011.
- J. H. Kim, "Development of domestic military UAV," Aerospace & Defense, Aug. 2016. [Internet]. Available : http://www.aviation.co.kr/bbs/m/mcb_data_view.php?type=mcb&ep=ep136619553152f0a2d5928db&gp=all&item=md172093861457a153533e898
- B. T. Kim, J. Y. Kim, "Multiple Communication Link Studies for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles," Korea Aerospace Research Institute 2003 Spring Conference, pp. 474-477, Apr. 2003.
- Y. M. Park, J. H. Yoon, S. J. Kim, Y. H. Son, E. J. Yoon, "Imagery Intelligence Transmission Analysis of Common Data Link(CDL) on Aeronautical Wireless Channel," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 1425-1431, Nov. 2005
- K. L. Hwang, S. J. Jo, H. Kim, J. E. Kim, W. K. Lee, I. K. Yang, "Development of Tactical UAV with High-Reliability ," Korea Aerospace Research Institute 2016 Spring Conference, pp. 769-771, Apr. 2016.
- J. E. Kye, "Trends and Acquisition Strategies on Defense Unmanned Robot Core Technology," ETRI Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 118-130, Jun. 2014.
- T. S. Kang, J. H. Kim, K. J. Kim, S. H. Jung, J. B. Kim, "A Study of Command and Control System through Tactical Data Link Based on Interoperability," Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 209-216, Feb. 2017.
- H. W. Kim, K. S. Kang, D. I. Chang, and J. Y. Ahn, "Technical and Standardization Trends on Control and Non-Payload Communications for Unmanned Aircraft Systems," ETRI Electronics and Telecommunications Trends, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 74-83, Jun. 2015.