- Volume 22 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Performance Analysis of Best Relay Selection in Cooperative Multicast Systems Based on Superposition Transmission
중첩 전송 기반 무선 협력 멀티캐스트 시스템에서 중계 노드 선택 기법에 대한 성능 분석
- Lee, In-Ho (Department of Electrical, Electronic and Control Engineering, Hankyong National University)
- Received : 2017.11.16
- Accepted : 2017.12.07
- Published : 2018.03.28
In this paper, considering the superposition transmission-based wireless cooperative multicast communication system (ST-CMS) with multiple relays and destinations, we propose a relay selection scheme to improve the data rate of multicast communication. In addition, we adopt the optimal power allocation coefficient for the superposition transmission to maximize the data rate of the proposed relay selection scheme. To propose the relay selection scheme, we derive an approximate expression for the data rate of the ST-CMS, and present the relay selection scheme using only partial channel state information based on the approximate expression. Moreover, we derive an approximate average data rate of the proposed relay selection scheme. Through numerical investigation, comparing the average data rates of the proposed relay selection scheme and the optimal relay selection scheme using full channel state information, we show that the proposed scheme provides extremely similar performance to the optimal scheme in the high signal-to-noise power ratio region.
Supported by : Hankyong National University
- J. Kim and I. Lee, "Capacity analysis of cooperative relaying systems using non-orthogonal multiple access," IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 1949-1952, Nov. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2015.2472414
- Z. Ding, H. Dai, and H. V. Poor, "Relay selection for cooperative NOMA," IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 416-419, Aug. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/LWC.2016.2574709
- Z. Yang, Z. Ding, Y. Wu, and P. Fan, "Novel relay selection strategies for cooperative NOMA," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 66, no. 11, pp. 10114-10123, Nov. 2017. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2017.2752264
- I. Lee and H. Jung, "Optimal power allocation and performance analysis of cooperative multicast systems using non-orthogonal multiple access," International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, vol. 12, no. 14, pp. 4491-4497, Jul. 2017.
- G. Xiang, J. Lee, and H. Park, "Cooperative node selection for the cognitive radio networks," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 287-293, Feb. 2013. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2013.17.2.287
- C. Liu and J. Andrews, "Multicast outage probability and transmission capacity of multihop wireless networks," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 57, no. 7, pp. 4344-4358, Jul. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2011.2146030
- M. R. Bhatnagar, "On the capacity of decode-and-forward relaying over Rician fading channels," IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 1100-1103, Jun. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2013.050313.122813
- I. S. Gradshteyn and I. M. Ryzhik, Table of Integrals, Series, and Products, 7th ed. New York, Academic Press, 2007.