- Volume 22 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
TDM based MAC protocol for throughput enhancement in dense wireless LANs area
무선 랜 밀집 지역의 전송률 향상을 위한 시분할 매체 접근 제어 프로토콜
- Kwon, Hyeok-Jin (Department of Computer Engineering, Hanbat National University) ;
- Hwang, Gyung-Ho (Department of Computer Engineering, Hanbat National University)
- Received : 2018.01.22
- Accepted : 2018.01.30
- Published : 2018.03.28
The number of stations existing in the same wireless channel is increasing due to the spread of the wireless LAN devices. CSMA/CA, a conventional wireless LAN protocol, uses a random backoff method. In the random backoff scheme, collision between stations is frequent in a dense region where the number of stations existing in the same channel is several tens or more, and the performance of the performance degradation of such a protocol, the IEEE 802.11ah standard proposed a Restricted Access Window(RAW) wireless access method. RAW improves performance by limiting the number of concurrent access stations by dividing the stations into several groups. In this paper, we propose a method to improve the performance of channel connection by using new group creation, group removal and group relocation algorithm according to traffic change by improving existing RAW method.
- B. H. Jung, S. H. Jang, S. R. Youn and D. H. Kim, "WLAN Technology Development Direction and IEEE 802.11ax Standardization Trend," The Journal of The Korean Institute of Communication Sciences, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 69-76, Feb. 2015.
- J. H. Son, W. J. Ahn, G. J. Ko and J. S. Gwag, "IEEE 802.11ax Next Generation Wireless LAN Standardization Trend" The Journal of The Korean Institute of Communication Sciences, vol. 33, no. 10, pp.3-9, Sep. 2016.
- Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications-Amendment 2: Sub 1 GHz License Exempt Operation, IEEE P802.11ah, D10.0, 2016.
- Part11 : Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer(PHY) specifications, IEEE 802.11 Std, 2016.
- Y. H. Seok, "Sub 1GHz Wireless LAN," The Journal of The Korean Institute of Communication Sciences, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 20-25, May 2013.
- J. S. Lee and H. Lee, "IEEE 802.11ah Sub 1GHz Wrieless LAN technology," The Journal of The Korean Institute of Communication Sciences, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 77-84, Feb. 2015.
- S. G. Jin, "A Simulation Study on the Performance of the RAW in IEEE 802.11ah WLANs," Journal of the Korea Industrial Information Systems Research, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 39-44, Apr. 2015. https://doi.org/10.9723/JKSIIS.2015.20.2.039
- J. O. Seo, S. G. Yoon and S. W. Bahk, "Algorithm for alleviating the hidden node problem in 802.11ah through HMBR (Hidden Matrix Base Regrouping)," in Proceedings of Symposium of the Korean Institute of communications and Information Sciences, pp.327-328, 2013.
- S. H. Kang and Y. Y. Choo, "Variable Backoff Stage(VBS) Algorithm to Reduce Collisions in IEEE 802.11 DCF" in Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1333-1340, Jun. 2015. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2015.19.6.1333
- S. H. Kang, Y. J. Ha, S. D. Son and Y. B. Kim, "A Study on Algorithm of Appling Variable Contention Window in IEEE 802.11 DCF" in Proceedings of Symposium of the Korean Institute of communications and Information Sciences, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1333-1340, pp.1007-1008, 2015.