- Volume 22 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
LTE based High-speed Maritime Wireless Communication(LTE-M) Router System
LTE 기반 초고속 해상무선통신(LTE-M) 라우터 시스템
- Jeong, Nahkju (Department of Computer Engineering, Paichai University) ;
- Natsagdor, Batdorj (Department of Computer Engineering, Paichai University) ;
- Jung, Hoekyung (Department of Computer Engineering, Paichai University)
- Received : 2017.11.01
- Accepted : 2017.11.16
- Published : 2018.03.28
Various countries around the world are conducting various studies to apply information and communication technology to marine safety. Based on this, the International Maritime Organization (IMO) has established the e-Navigation standard to apply the latest information and communication technology to marine services. In Korea, the Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries is promoting Korean e-navigation considering domestic marine environment and is trying to apply LTE communication method as a high-speed wireless communication method at sea. In this paper, we describe the development of an LTE based marine router system supporting 700Mhz frequency band allocated for high speed maritime wireless communication service. Experiments on the possibility of 100km distance communication from base station using LTE based ship router are shown. LTE - based high - speed maritime wireless communication router system can provide communication infrastructure necessary to develop various accident prevention technologies that may occur at sea.
Supported by : Pai Chai University
- K. M. Cho, C. H Yun, Y. K. Lim, C. G. Kang, "A MAC Protocol for Integrated Service in the Multi-Hop Ad-Hoc Maritime Communication Network," The Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, vol. 38A, no. 7, pp. 603-611, July 2013. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2013.38A.7.603
- M. Balduzzi, A. Pasta, K. Wilhoit, "A security evaluation of AIS automated identification system," Proceedings of the 30th annual computer security applications conference, pp. 436-445, Dec. 2014.
- S. J. Lee, J. S. Jeong, M. Y. Kim, G. K. Park, "A study on real-time message analysis for AIS VDL load management," Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 256-261, Jun. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2013.23.3.256
- NAV 59, "Development of A E-navigation Strategy Implementation Plan," IMO, NAV 59/6, May 2013.
- J. H. Cho, "IMO Next-generation marine safety integrated management system technology development project," KISTEP, Jan. 2015.
- K. W. Jang, "A Tabu Search Algorithm for Router Node Placement in Wireless Mesh Networks," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 83-90, Jan. 2015. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2015.19.1.83
- e-Navigation Forum, "e-Navigation Forum Library Book," Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries, Mar. 2015.