DOI QR코드

DOI QR Code

Deep Neural Network Based Prediction of Daily Spectators for Korean Baseball League : Focused on Gwangju-KIA Champions Field

Deep Neural Network 기반 프로야구 일일 관중 수 예측 : 광주-기아 챔피언스 필드를 중심으로

  • 박동주 (광주과학기술원 전기전자컴퓨터공학부) ;
  • 김병우 (전남대학교 산업공학과) ;
  • 정영선 (전남대학교 산업공학과) ;
  • 안창욱 (광주과학기술원 전기전자컴퓨터공학부)
  • Received : 2018.03.05
  • Accepted : 2018.03.27
  • Published : 2018.03.31

Abstract

In this paper, we used the Deep Neural Network (DNN) to predict the number of daily spectators of Gwangju - KIA Champions Field in order to provide marketing data for the team and related businesses and for managing the inventories of the facilities in the stadium. In this study, the DNN model, which is based on an artificial neural network (ANN), was used, and four kinds of DNN model were designed along with dropout and batch normalization model to prevent overfitting. Each of four models consists of 10 DNNs, and we added extra models with ensemble model. Each model was evaluated by Root Mean Square Error (RMSE) and Mean Absolute Percentage Error (MAPE). The learning data from the model randomly selected 80% of the collected data from 2008 to 2017, and the other 20% were used as test data. With the result of 100 data selection, model configuration, and learning and prediction, we concluded that the predictive power of the DNN model with ensemble model is the best, and RMSE and MAPE are 15.17% and 14.34% higher, correspondingly, than the prediction value of the multiple linear regression model.

Acknowledgement

Supported by : 한국연구재단

References

  1. 정병기, "프로야구 관람결정요인이 관람만족도 및 재구매행동에 미치는 영향", 한국사회체육학회지, 제29권, 209-220쪽, 2007.
  2. 송한성, "한국 프로야구단 연고지별 관중 수요예측 연구", 한양대학교 대학원 석사학위논문, 2013.
  3. 채한승, 이종호, "프로 스포츠팬 성향 및 경기관람 결정요인에 관한 조사 연구", 한국스포츠산업 경영학회지, 제5권, 2호, 137-154쪽, 2000.
  4. Hinton, G., Osindero, S. and Teh, Y., "A Fast Learning Algorithm for Deep Belief Nets", Neural Computation, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 1527-1554, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1162/neco.2006.18.7.1527
  5. Fausett, L. V., Fundamental of neural networks: architectures, algorithms, & applications, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1994.
  6. Haykin, S. C., Neural networks: A comprehensive foundation, NJ: Prentice Hall PTR Upper Saddle River, 1994.
  7. 이유라, 김수형, 김영철, 나인섭, "심층 학습 모델을 이용한 EPS 동작 신호의 인식", 스마트미디어저널, 제5권, 제3호, 35-41쪽, 2016년 9월.
  8. Li, D. and Yu, D., Deep Learning: Methods and Applications, Foundations and Trends${(R)}$ in Signal Processing, pp. 197-387, 2014.
  9. 문대선, 나인호, 김성호, "풍력발전 고장검출 시스템을 위한 인공 신경망 기반의 모델링 기법 개발", 스마트미디어저널, 제1권, 제2호, 47-53쪽, 2012년 3월
  10. 문해민, 박진원, 반성범, "역전파가 제거된 CNN과 LDA를 이용한 얼굴 영상 해상도별 얼굴 인식률 분석", 스마트미디어저널, 제5권, 제1호, 24-29쪽, 2016년 3월.
  11. Nair, V., Hinton, G., "Rectified Linear Units Improve Restricted Boltzmann", International Conference on Machine Learning, pp. 807-814, 2010.
  12. Srivastava N., Hinton, G. E. Krizhevsky, A. Sutskever, I. Salakhutdinov, R., "Dropout: A simple way to prevent neural networks from overfitting", The Journal of Machine Learning Research, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 1929-1958, 2014.
  13. Loffe, Sergey, and Christian Szegedy, "Batchnormalization: Accelerating deep network training by reducing internal covariate shift", International Conference on Machine Learning, 2015.
  14. 나병국, 윤성로, "GRU 기반 순환 신경망에서의 배치정규화 효과 연구", 한국정보과학회 학술발표 논문집, 663-665쪽, 2016.
  15. 변재진, "관광산업 수요예측 모형에 대한 연구", 대전전문대학 논문집, 제20권, 103-156쪽, 1994.
  16. 이종원, 경제예측론, 서울 : 도서출판 해남, 2006.
  17. 정의선, 유정정, 조승현, 중국 인바운드 관광수입 의 수요예측 -ARIMA모형에 의한 시계열분석을 중심으로-, 호텔리조트연구, 제12권, 제1호, 135-157쪽, 2013.
  18. 오승은, "다중회귀분석을 이용한 남한강보 지점에서의 Chlorophyll-a 농도예측에 대한 연구", 을지대학교 대학원 석사학위논문, 2016.
  19. 오광우, 이우리, 시계열예측 방법과 응용, 자유아카데미, 1995.
  20. 조광익, 관광수요 예측 및 경제 파급효과 분석 : 강원 역사문화촌을 중심으로, 한국관광연구원, 1999.
  21. 최영문, 김사헌, "단변량 시계열 관광수요 예측모형의 적정성 비교평가: 내국인 해외관광객수 실측치와 예측치의 비교", 관광학연구, 제21권, 제2호, 111-128쪽, 1998.
  22. 김형돈, 채진석, "시계열모형을 이용한 프로야구 구단별 관중 수 예측", 한국체육측정평가학회지, 제14권, 제3호, 57-68쪽, 2012.
  23. 김민철, "시계열분석을 통한 프로야구 관중현황 예측모델연구", 한국스포츠산업 경영학회지, 제14 권, 제1호, 17-25쪽, 2009.
  24. 박진욱, 박상현, "인공신경망을 이용한 한국프로야구 관중 수요 예측에 관한 연구", 정보처리학회논문지, 소프트웨어 및 데이터 공학, 제6권, 제12호, 565-572쪽, 2017.