- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Quantum Computing Performance Analysis of the Ground-State Estimation Problem
기저상태계산 문제에 대한 양자컴퓨팅의 성능 분석
- Choi, Byung-Soo (Electronics and Telecommunication Research Institute)
- 최병수 (한국전자통신연구원 초연결통신연구소 초연결원천연구본부 양자창의연구실)
- Received : 2018.02.18
- Accepted : 2018.04.02
- Published : 2018.04.25
As the quantum volume increases, we are about to use quantum computers for real applications. Therefore, it is necessary to investigate how much quantum-computational gain is achievable in the near future. In this work, we analyze a fault-tolerant quantum computing method for near-term applications such as the ground-state estimation problem. Based on quantitative analysis, we find that it is still necessary to improve the current fault-tolerant quantum computing. This work also discusses which parts should be improved to improve quantum computing performance.
Grant : 양자컴퓨팅 플랫폼 및 비용효율성 향상에 대한 연구개발
Supported by : 한국전자통신연구원
- A. Trabesinger, "Quantum simulation," Nat. Phys. 8, 263 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1038/nphys2258
- M. A. Nielsen and I. L. Chuang, "Quantum computation and quantum information," Cambridge Press (2011).
- J. D. Whitfield, J. Biamonte, and A. Aspuru-Guzik, "Simulation of electronic structure hamiltonians using quantum computers," Mol. Phys. 109, 735-750 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1080/00268976.2011.552441
- A. J. Abhari, S. Patil, D. Kudrow, J. Heckey, A. Lvov, F. T. Chong, and M. Martonosi, "ScaffCC: Scalable compilation and analysis of quantum programs," Parallel Comput. 45, 2-17 (2015). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.parco.2014.12.001
- A. S. Green, P. L. Lumsdaine, N. J. Ross, P. Selinger, and B. Valiron, "Quipper: A scalable quantum programming language," in Proc. 34th ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation (USA, Jun. 2013), pp. 333-342.
- J.-K. Kim, A.-R. Jang, and B.-S. Choi, "Quantitative analysis of quantum computing power," in Proc. KIPS Spring Conference (Dongguk Univ., Korea, Apr. 2016), pp. 84-86.
- J. Preskill, "Fault-tolerant quantum computation," arxiv: 9712048 (1997).
- A.-R. Jang and B.-S. Choi, "Performance analysis of ground state estimation algorithm on the fault-tolerant quantum computer system," in Proc. IEIE Summer Conference (Korea, Jun. 2016), pp. 91-94.
- C. R. Clark, T. S. Metodi, S. D. Gasster, and K. R. Brown, "Resource requirements for fault-tolerant simulation: The ground state of the transverse ising model," Phys. Rev. A 79, 062314 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevA.79.062314
- N. J. Ross and P. Selinger, "Optimal ancilla-free Clifford+T approximation of z-rotations," https://arxiv.org/abs/1403.2975