- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Validation of the Two-fluid Model for Vertical Bubbly Flows
수직 기포류 수치해석을 위한 2유체 모델 검증
- Kim, Myung Ho (School of Mechanical Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Byoung Jae (School of Mechanical Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2018.03.26
- Accepted : 2018.04.12
- Published : 2018.04.30
The two-fluid model is widely used for practical applications involving multi-phase flows in chemical reactor, nuclear reactor, desalination systems, boilers, and internal combustion engine. There are several modeling terms in the two-fluid model, which must be determined properly. This study suggests the best models for turbulent vertical bubbly flow.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Ishii, M. and Mishima, K. 1984, "Two-fluid model and hydrodynamic constitutive relations", Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 82, pp. 107-126. https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-5493(84)90207-3
- Kim, J. W., Kim, D. J., Park, H. M., and Lee, J. H., 2015, "Modeling of interfacial momentum exchange for wall-bounded bubbly flows", NURETH-16, Chicago, IL, August 30-September 4.
- Grace, Clift and Weber., 1978, "Bubbles, Drops, and Particles, Technical Report," Academic Press.
- Takamasa, T. and Tomiyama, A., 1999, "Three-Dimensional Gas-Liquid Two-Phase Bubbly Flow in a C-Shaped Tube," Ninth International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Reactor Thermal Hydraulics (NURETH-9). San Francisco, CA.
- Antal, S. P., Lahey, R. T., and Flaherty, J. E., 1991, "Analysis of phase distribution in fully developed laminar bubbly two-phase flow," Int. J. Multiphase Flow, Vol. 7, pp. 635-652.
- Colombo, M. and Fairweather, M., 2015, "Multiphase turbulence in bubbly flows: RANS simulations," International Journal of Multiphase Flow, Vol.77., pp.222-243. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmultiphaseflow.2015.09.003
- Burns, A. D. B., Frank, T., Hamill, I., and Shi, J.-M., 2004, "The Favre Averaged Drag Model for Turbulent Dispersion in Eulerian Multi-Phase Flows," Fifth International Conference on Multiphase Flow, ICMF, Yokohama, Japan.
- Sato, Y. and Sekoguchi, K., 1975, "Liquid Velocity Distribution in Two-Phase Bubbly Flow," International Journal of Multiphase Flow, Vol.2, pp.79. https://doi.org/10.1016/0301-9322(75)90030-0
- Wang, Q. and Yao, W., 2016, "Computation and validation of the interphase force models for bubbly flow," International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 98, pp.799-813. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2016.03.064
- Fu, X., 2001, "Interfacial area measurement and transport modeling in air-water two-phase flow (Ph.D. Thesis)," Purdue University.
- Hibiki, T., Ishii, M, and Xiao, Z., 2001, "Axial interfacial area transport of vertical bubbly flows," International Journal of Heat Mass Transfer, Vol.44 No.10, pp.1869-1888. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0017-9310(00)00232-5
- Lucas, D., Krepper, E., and Prasser, H. M., 2005, "Development of co-current air-water flow in a vertical pipe," International Journal of Multiphase Flow, Vol.31, pp. 1304-1328. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmultiphaseflow.2005.07.004
- Krepper, E. and Prasser, H. M., 2000, "Measurements and CFX-Simulations of a bubbly flow in a vertical pipe," Adv. Fluid Mech., Vol. 26, pp. 23-32.