- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Molten Metal Flow Analysis of Casting Process Using SPH Method
SPH 기법을 이용한 주조공정 용탕 주입 유동 해석
- Park, Byung Lae (Department of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Graduate School, University of Ulsan) ;
- Lee, Sang Wook (School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Ulsan)
- Received : 2018.03.26
- Accepted : 2018.04.23
- Published : 2018.04.30
It is important to develop more efficient and productive casting processes for an automated high precision molten-metal casting system. Detailed analysis of molten-metal flow in the casting process by the numerical approach will help to optimize the control of a ladle. In this study, the smoothed particle hydrodynamics method was applied to analyze casting flow characteristics with different tilting angular speed and initial molten-metal level. The smoothed particle hydrodynamics technique has advantages to easily handle non-linear free surface behavior with the absence of a computational mesh. We found that tilting angular speed has relatively greater effect on the casting flowrate and that the effect of the initial molten-metal level is only minor. Further extensive study will be necessary to find an optimal condition for high efficient casting system.
- Y. M. Hur, 2007, "A study of the pre-estimate of castability of ADC10 and scrap by FEM simulation and experiment", M.S Thesis, Hanyang University.
- J. S. Lee, Y. C. Lee, B. K. Bae and H. S. Jang, 2011, "Mold Filling Analysis for Development of Vertical Die Casting Machine," Korean Society of Precision Engineering 2018 Fall Conference, pp. 1161-1162.
- B.-H. Lee, J.-C. Park, M.-C. Ryu, Y.-S. Kim and Y.-H. Kim, 2007, "Numerical Simulation of Non-linear Free-surface Motions Using Moving Particle Semi-implicit(MPS) Method", Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol. 21, No. 6, pp. 53-58.
- J. C. Park, B. H. Lee and S. J. Jung, 2007, "Numerical simulation of dam-broken problems using a particle method", Koean Soceity for Compuational Fluids Engineering, pp. 258-263
- G. H. Lee, T. W. Yoon and C. Y. Kang, 2014, "A Study on the Mechanical Properties and Formability of Mg AZ31B Sheet", Transactions of Materials Processing, Vol. 23, No. 8, pp. 495-500. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2014.23.8.495
- R. A. Dalrymple and B. D. Rogers, 2006, "Numerical modeling of water waves with the SPH method", Coastal engineering, Vol. 53, pp. 141-147. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.coastaleng.2005.10.004
- H. Wendland, 1995, "Piecewiese polynomial, positive definite and compactly supported radial functions of minimal degree", Advances in Computational Mathematics, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 389-396. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02123482
- H. Gotoh, S. Shao, and T. Memita, 2004, "SPH-LES model for numerical investigation of wave interaction with partially immersed breakwater", Coastal Engineering Journal, Vol. 46, pp. 39-63. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0578563404000872