- Volume 28 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
DRF and Single Dose Oral Toxicity Study of ChondroT in Rat
Rat에서 ChondroT의 DRF 및 단회독성 시험
- Received : 2018.03.19
- Accepted : 2018.04.03
- Published : 2018.04.30
Objectives The purpose of this experiment is to evaluate 4 weeks DRF (Dose Rate Finding) and single oral dose toxicity of ChondroT in rats. Methods In 4-week DRF, male and female Sprague-Dawely rats were treated with ChondroT at oral dose of 0, 500, 1000, and 2000 mg/kg. clinical signs, body weight, food consumption, necropsy findings, organ weight, hematological and blood-chemical parameters, and histological findings were monitored for 4 weeks. Also, after single oral administration of ChondroT, mortality, clinical signs, body weight, and necropsy findings were minitored for 2 weeks. Results In 4-week DRF and single dose oral toxicity study of ChondroT in sprague-Dawley rats, ChondroT did not exhibit any toxicity under the study conditions employed. Conclusions The results suggested a no-observed adverse effects level (NOAEL) was over 2,000 mg/kg/day in SD rats after oral administration, this study could be used as basic study of the repeated dose 13-week oral toxicity study of ChondroT.
ChondroT;Dose Rate Finding;Single Dose Toxicity
- An YH. Using intervention mapping to develop a community-based disease self-management support program for patients with osteoarthritis. J Muscle Jt Health. 2015:22(3):245-57. https://doi.org/10.5953/JMJH.2015.22.3.245
- Lee HS. Prevalence of osteoarthritis and related risk factors in the elderly: data from the fifth Korea national health and nutrition examination survey (KNHANES V), 2010-2012. J Korean Diet Assoc. 2014:20(2):99-109. https://doi.org/10.14373/JKDA.2014.20.2.99
- Seo CY. Analysis of medical status of knee osteoarthritis and knee soft tissue injuries based on national patients sample registered at the health insurance review and assessment service [master's thesis]. [Seoul]:Kyung Hee University; 2017.
- Bae BC. Korean translations Huang Di Nei Jing: SomunYungchu. Seoul:Sungbosa. 2000:59-75.
- Nantional institute of Korean medicine pathology. Korean medicine pathology. Seoul. Hanimunhwasa. 2000:41.
- Kim YH, Lee JH. CheongKangEuiGam. Seoul:Seongbosa. 2001:315.
- Choi W, Choi CH, Kim YR, Kim SJ, Na CS, Lee H. HerDing: herb recommendation system to treat diseases using genes and chemicals. Database. 2016 March;2016:baw011. DOI:10.1093/database/baw011. https://doi.org/10.1093/database/baw011
- Park JU, Kim SJ, Na CS, Choi CH, Seo CS, Son JK, Kang BY, Kim YR. Chondroprotective and anti-inflammatory effects of ChondroT, a new complex herbal medication. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2016;16:213. DOI:10.1186/s12906-016-1211-0. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12906-016-1211-0
- Kim W, Park S, Choi C, Kim YR, Park I, Seo C, Youn D, Shin W, Lee Y, Choi D, Kim M, Lee H, Kim S, Na C. Evaluation of anti-inflammatory potential of the new Ganghwaljetongyeum on adjuvant-induced inflammatory arthritis in rats. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2016;2016:1230294. DOI:10.1155/2016/1230294.
- Won JY, Jung JW, Na CS, Kim SJ. Analgesic effects of ChondroT in collagenase-induced osteoarthritis rat model. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2016;26(3):17-30.
- Jung JW. Effects of ChondroT on osteoarthritis rats [master's thesis]. [Naju]:Dongshin University; 2016.
- Bae KJ , Jeong JW, Choi CH, Won JY, Kim TG, Kim YR, Na CS, Kim SJ. Antiosteoarthritic effects of ChondroT in a rat model of monosodium iodoacetate-induced osteoarthritis. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2018 Feb;2018:8565132. DOI:10.1155/2018/8565132. eCollection 2018.
- Lee SD, Jung JY, Choi KH, Lee JT, Park HM, Shin HT. Risk analysis and estimating consumption of heavy metal from intake of oriental medicines. J Env Hlth Sci. 2010;36(1):14-9.
- Lee CY. Monitoring of residual pesticides in herbal medicines marketed in seoul and risk assessment on taking decoction of frequent prescriptions [dissertation]. [Yongin]:Dankook University; 2014.
- Lee JE. Comparative analysis of benefit-risk of selective Cox-2 inhibitors in the treatment of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis [master's thesis]. [Seoul]:Sungkyungkan University; 2015.
- Rubin E, Reisner HM. Essentials of Rubin's pathology. 5th ed. Seoul:Koonja Publishing Co. 2011:728-30.
- Son JT. Factors influencing quality of life of patients with osteoarthritis in rural area. Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society. 2014:34(1):23-35.
- Rubin E. Essential Pathology. 3rd ed. Seoul:Koonja Publishing Co. 2005:801-26.
- Yang YA, Kim YH, Lee HS, Lee HS, Cho MS, Jeong WM, Hong JR, Chae KJ, Jeong HA, Oh HW, Park SH, Park SJ. Old man occupational therapy. Gyechookmunhwasa. 2008:261-2.
- Han MH. Clinical and economic outcomes of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and gastro protective agent in osteoarthritis elderly patients [dissertation]. [Seoul]:Sungkyungkan University. 2017.
- Pumford NR, Halmes NC, Hinson JA. Covalent binding of xenobiotics to specific proteins in the liver. Drug Metabolism Reviews. 1997;29(1-2):39-57. https://doi.org/10.3109/03602539709037572
- Go EB. Antioxidant poly(vanillyl alcohol-oxalate) nanoparticles as novel therapeutics for acetaminophen-induced acute liver failure [master's thesis]. [Jeonju]:Chonbuk National University; 2014.
- Yoon CH. Osteoarthritis update. Korean J Med. 2012;82(2):170-4. https://doi.org/10.3904/kjm.2012.82.2.170
- Lee CK. NSAID (Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug). J Orthop Pain Society. 2013;4(1):9-15.
- Cha YH. Factors regarding adverse drug reaction of Tramadol: focusing on voluntary report by local drug safety center [master's theis]. [Seoul]:Yonsei University; 2016.
- Sung SH. The effects of steroids at ultrasono-guided genicular nerve block for chronic knee osteoarthritis pain [master's theis]. [Ulsan]:Ulsan University; 2011.
- Sieker JT, Ayturk UM, Proffen BL, Weissenberger MH, Kiapour AM, Murry MM. Immediate administration of intraarticular triamcinolone acetonide after joint injury modulates molecular outcomes associated with early synovitis. Arthritis & Rheumatology (Hoboken, N.J.). 2016;68(7):1637-47.
- Jung JY, Suh CH. Glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis. Korean J Med. 2017:92(2):142-9. https://doi.org/10.3904/kjm.2017.92.2.142
- Tae Han Medicine Society. Bonchogannon. Seoul:Uisungdang. 2010:112-20.
- Heo J. Donguibogam. Seoul:Namsandang. 1966:1181.
- Shin MG. Clinical traditional herbalogy. Seoul:Yunglimsa. 1986:405-6.
- Kim JB, Shin US, Kwon YI, Bang BH. Isolation and purification of antibacterial components in cortex phellodendri. Korean J. Food & Nutr. 2013:26(3):547-52. https://doi.org/10.9799/ksfan.2013.26.3.547
- Whole college of Oriental Medicine Compiling Committee. Herbology. Seoul:Yunglimsa. 2004:240-1.
- Kim SJ, Chun JM, Yang WK, Cheon MS, Sung YY, Park JY, Kim HK. Synergistic effect of Notopterygium incisum with Clematis manshurica in the anti-inflammatory activity. Kor J Herbology. 2010:25(4):11-6.
- Chae MS. A Study on the inhibitory effect of Angelicae gigas on the contraction of vascular cells for treatment of cold hypersensitivity in hands and feet [master's thesis]. [Seoul]:Kyung Hee University. 2016. 黃芪
- Yoon YG, Kim GM, Lee SJ. Ryu SH. Jang SI. Inhibitory effect of aqueous extract from lonicera japonica flower on LPS-induced inflammatory mediators in RAW 264.7 macrophages. Kor J Herbology. 2007:22(3):117-25.
- 식품의약품안전처고시 제 2014-136호(2014-07-30) "의약품 등의 독성시험기준", [별표 2] 반복투여독성시험.
Supported by : 한국보건산업진흥원